A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Weight loss

[Su...]

I'm off K since first week of June.  Off Ambien for about 2 weeks. 

My sleep off Ambien  was ZERO for about 5 days and then I started to get an hour or two in clumps. 

Anyway, I have noticed I'm not eating as much since Ambien discontinued,  but I also felt very thin this morning.  I stepped on the scales and saw this morning that I have lost 17 pounds in 2 weeks (now 252 lbs)!

I'm 6'1" and I think my "ideal" weight is probably about 200 or so. I'm not in fear of wasting away, but more concerned about the rapidity. 

Some questions I have: 

1. Why the sudden weight loss when I've been in withdrawal since February and off K since June?

2. Should I try and slow it or just let it go? 

41 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

My sleep off Ambien  was ZERO for about 5 days and then I started to get an hour or two in clumps. 

Anyway, I have noticed I'm not eating as much since Ambien discontinued,  but I also felt very thin this morning.  I stepped on the scales and saw this morning that I have lost 17 pounds in 2 weeks (now 252 lbs)!

I'm 6'1" and I think my "ideal" weight is probably about 200 or so. I'm not in fear of wasting away, but more concerned about the rapidity. 

Some questions I have: 

1. Why the sudden weight loss when I've been in withdrawal since February and off K since June?

I've been on a low-carb diet for about 2.5 years, only started my taper 5 months ago.  I lost 30 lbs over that first year.  What I wanted to say is, I think I would look at my foods I'm eating, how much, maybe log them for a couple weeks on a place I've gone to that is free, myfitnesspal.  The bad thing about weight-loss can be "what type of weight" you are losing if that type could be lean muscle mass.  This is just my opinion based on the studies I've read, articles, posts by others that do low-carb, higher fats, and proteins.  I had to do this or take a pill which the C I am tapering off is enough for me, because of a diagnosis of T2 Diabetes. My HbA1c's are all in the safe zone now, and began to drop almost immediately (from my daily finger tests) and then since my first A1c. 

I'll add that I NEVER thought by making the effort to change my nutrition, could give me a better body, better health, better life at my age especially. All I was after was to beat Diabetes :boxer:

Now that you are feeling better and "can" eat, building your body with proper nutrition and a little exercise (walking was my first choice).  I am so sure that the way I eat, plus my brand of exercise (gym and walking) is making my taper so much better than it would be without.  I've had a little loose skin, but nothing drastic.  I am a small person, 5'2" at 112 lbs, was at 110 when I lost the 30 lbs (down from 140) but I have more muscle now than when I was young, I'm 70 now.  I can always give you tips on what to eat, how much, etc.  Lots of videos on low-carb eating, I do Keto, but made my own way, everyone is different.  It's hard for me to eat enough, so I am certainly not starving ;)

Don't believe the "rumors" about Keto or low-carb, read about it yourself is my best advice ;)  I'll be around if you'd like help, Denise:smitten::hug:PS I didn't exercise, even take walks, when I began to lose weight, but I'd read enough to know I needed to eat to build (or save what I had) my muscles, puny as they were.  Here's just one video you might like to watch, one of my faves:

Edited by [or...]

3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Some questions I have: 

I recently was prescribed 5mg of Ambien for Insomnia in late July. I decided I didn't want to use it over a week since it is very addicting despite being a Z drug. I lost 10 lbs in a matter of 2 weeks but started to gain and maintain the weight 3 weeks after I stopped. I think my body was going through alot of stress and lack of sleep which resulted in the weight loss. Keep in mind I was eating double the calories I typically eat and I was still losing at the time.

Yes. For some reason I do think it's more related to Ambien then Klonopin. 

Maybe now that I'm off Ambien,  this is my trajectory and I'll continue to lose weight until I reach some kind of stasis?