Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Anybody have rough afternoons?

[Ho...]

Just trying to figure out what the heck is going on with me. Does anyone else have bad afternoons? They're always bad for me: I feel just plain upset for no reason. it's hard to sit still. My thoughts go very negative, even black, and meals are not tasty at all. Today I couldn't even relax with the TV. I kept trying this or that to distract and everything seemed tainted with these awful feelings, like nothing has meaning or joy.

I'm a year out now. I'm a LOT better than I was but afternoons I can always count on being miserable. I try planning certain chores or pleasant tasks but I'm so miserable all the joy is sucked out of anything I come in contact with: Books, TV, even making art.

Just feeling a bit lonely and tired of it all. As I'm sure many of you are!

Hi Hot, I am sorry that your afternoons are bad, I wonder if you are getting a sugar slump then, and maybe eat a bit more at lunch, or have a light snack about the time you feel bad. The reason I say this, is because when I was working about 2pm, I became a bear, and was not very pleasant to be around, then one day I had a slice of cheese and some crackers...and felt calmer and nice...lol, but it is true. I wish I knew what could help you, but going to send you this tidbit anyway, because we are all in this together, no matter what stage of benzo's we are in. Stay Strong and know that your are being heard and have many gifts that you have shared, and I am grateful for that. I like your blog. 💖 Peace and Healing.

I’m coming out of a bad wave I hope I feel a little bit better today but yes the mornings and mid morning and lunchtime is certainly better for me than afternoons. The only thing I can think of is my body used to be getting ready for its dose around 7 PM And from that time. From about 3 o’clock until then, the afternoons are pretty rough. 

2 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Hi Hot, I am sorry that your afternoons are bad, I wonder if you are getting a sugar slump then, and maybe eat a bit more at lunch, or have a light snack about the time you feel bad. The reason I say this, is because when I was working about 2pm, I became a bear, and was not very pleasant to be around, then one day I had a slice of cheese and some crackers...and felt calmer and nice...lol, but it is true. I wish I knew what could help you, but going to send you this tidbit anyway, because we are all in this together, no matter what stage of benzo's we are in. Stay Strong and know that your are being heard and have many gifts that you have shared, and I am grateful for that. I like your blog. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Hi Begood, yes I think that can be a factor on some days! I've noticed that I start to go into a wave right after I eat lunch, which is usually around 2:00 pm. I don't eat much at breakfast, just fruit and a little green tea. For some reason my afternoons go downhill after I eat. I get jittery, depressed and in a wave. Some days are worse than others. Sometimes it gets better in the evening and sometimes not. 

But you are definitely right about blood sugar! I guess we get more sensitive to low blood sugar. Thanks for the tip and kind words!

3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I’m coming out of a bad wave I hope I feel a little bit better today but yes the mornings and mid morning and lunchtime is certainly better for me than afternoons. The only thing I can think of is my body used to be getting ready for its dose around 7 PM And from that time. From about 3 o’clock until then, the afternoons are pretty rough. 

It's nice to hear from someone with the same time frame. I've wracked my brains trying to figure out what makes my afternoons so dismal and haven't come up with a solution. I guess it's just a part of my healing process, but I am so done with it! 

Then again, being done with it does nothing. We're all holding on for dear life, and working on radical acceptance. Whew. I'd love to experience a great afternoon. Something to look forward to. Thanks for the note!