Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

D risbose

[Bl...]

Hi and welcome Blahx :)  I think you left out something in your post ;) I can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing, just wanted to welcome you, and maybe I can help.  I am very new at tapering, can hardly count even using my fingers and toes, but I will be around, Denise :smitten:

Apologies @[Bl...], I didn't see your Topic Title, Denise, PS I don't know anything about the D Ribose, I'll look into it though just out of curiosity ;)

I tried this years ago and had a terrible anxiety/agitation response to it within an hour. Lasted half a day. It was terrifying. Everyone is different but that was my experience. We are so sensitive so you never know. 

Hello, @[Bl...].

Are you seeking input about taking d-ribose as a supplement?

If so, I encourage you to join and post to our group on ‘Alternative Treatments, Supplements and more.’  (See link to the Groups page below.)

You also might try using our search engine (upper right corner) to search for past posts about d-ribose.

Link:
Groups - BenzoBuddies Community Forum
https://benzobuddies.org/clubs/

I went the route of trying supplements for energy and it never ended well.  I took CoQ10 once and was up all night agitated and anxious.  It was awful.  Once I actually fell asleep, I was sort of ok when I woke up.  Sleep heals and seems to reset a lot of things.  

I know it sucks but I wouldn’t try fighting the tiredness/fatigue too much.  Fatigue is a real symptom in and of itself and may have less to do with your anxiety than you think.  When your body doesn’t feel well - flu, cold, etc - it responds by trying to shut things down with tiredness.  The brain/body doesn’t like what’s going on with our GABA receptors. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
[Bl...]

@[dj...] Thanks for replying, I forgot to reply to you. Just tried d ribose again and my mood dropped. So think I will leave it for the moment. I think you are right about the fatigue. I do hope it goes though as it's kinda worrying.

[Ma...]

I agree with @[dj...]. I’ve tried just so many things and they all just make my entire system angry.

I finally concluded-for myself-that my body has just been assaulted over and over again with benzos, at 1st sugar, histamine, caffeine, vitamins, supplements, propranolol,-oh, I just started chasing my symptoms. 

Exactly what you’re not supposed to do with benzos, so maybe it’s the same with medication, vitamins, supplements ect.?

I think we’re all so desperate to get our lives, as we knew them, back, that some will try just about anything to get there.

I’m tired. I’ve decided to let my body be to heal itself. If that means it tells me to sleep all day? So be it. I’m no longer fighting the process of natural healing.

But that’s me.