Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Tapering Clonaz

[Sw...]

Hey guys, it's great to meet all you and be here, which is weird to say since this has been really difficult so far. I have, just to give information, successfully tapered off klonopin TWICE.

-Once at 2mg highest dose tapering over 6 months after 2-ish or more years of daily use.

-Second time was after a relapse, 1 year in, 8 moths of uses, multiple high dose days of 11mg, 3mg, 5mg, betweena handful of months with 1-2 mg doses, and tapered off quickly with just a few problems, like going to the grocery store was terrifying, had tachycardia, crying spells, depression, anger,  but honestly a month or two later and I was not having BAD WD symptoms.

NOW: 4 mos. into sobriety I relapsed *again and in three weeks took multiple mega doses, and did a cold turkey off a 9mg mega dose. My prescription is 2 mg daily. Two weeks into my CT I thought I was dying. Got back on the KP. Now 2 months in I am back down to .50 mg. I am READY to get off this nightmare drug. My question is this:

-I feel I am able to jump at .125 mg. I KNOW I can. My symptoms from CT have ALL improved since getting back on and tapering. I plan to go down .125 mg a week from .50mg starting next Wednesday and jumping at .125 mg. This will be the gentlest taper I have ever done. I'd love everyone's feedback on my experience and plan. I am a 30 year old female, healthy, and have a lot of support. I know I will be in recovery for a few months, and I will need you guys. This has been my worst experience yet, and I had inter-dose withdrawal every day for 1.5 years and healed from it in the process. YOU WILL GET BETTER! I have TWICE! ...This third time I am paying for taking my healing for granted. 

Hello @[Sw...], here you are!  I welcomed you to the platform on another thread, sorry I missed this one.  Wow, you’ve had a few adventures, your story is a bit different than what we typically see here but I can see you’re determined to finally be done with this.  

I don’t doubt this has been a bad one, I wonder if kindling is playing a part in it? https://www.benzoinfo.com/kindling/

We typically advise going slow and tapering to a low dose, depending on how you feel but I can see you prefer to go your own way and that’s fine, we’ll support whatever works for you. :thumbsup:

Thank you again for reaching out to other members, it helps to hear from people who have recovered.

Pamster

@[Pa...] thank you for the warm welcome. I have always been a little different. Can I ask why you feel my story is different than what you normally read on here? just wondering if you mean that in a good way lol 

also i was really curious about kindling thank you for the link 

7 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[Pa...] thank you for the warm welcome. I have always been a little different. Can I ask why you feel my story is different than what you normally read on here? just wondering if you mean that in a good way lol 

also i was really curious about kindling thank you for the link 

A good way in the fact you know what’s happening to you and why, many just stumble across the fact that the medication they’ve taken is what is making them sick, you already know and understand the process and the power of these drugs.  It’s heartbreaking to inform them that this is going to take awhile to recover from, so I’m glad you already know.

Kindling is a theory not studied much in relation to benzodiazepines but in my experience here, I’ve come to believe it accurately describes what happens when we reinstate the drug after cessation, members have reported worsening symptoms each time they do it, it scares me straight!