Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Could this be histamine or something?!?

[ma...]

These bloody symptoms!

My most worrying symptoms are pretty bad low back pain and anxiety but I have a couple of others I worry about.

I have a red face that flushes and especially when I lie down. Added to this is a runny nose and loud tinnitus. I have had the flushing checked to rule out an endocrine disorder and I know as a result it isn’t too much serotonin, but it is slowly driving me mad! The heat and burning sensation on my face and neck along with the tinnitus…wondering if it may be a histamine type response? Has anyone had similar? I honestly think that I could cope with all the other stuff (fatigue, pain etc) if my face returned to a normal colour and stopped feeling so hot!

oh, and period absolutely freezing hands and feet (that go white)…

Anyone dealing with similar? Any tips?

As far as face flushing, you are not the only one!! I remember in the beginning sometimes I would wake up in the night and my face would be on fire. That doesn’t happen to me anymore!

This is a shot in the dark:

You could test your theory by eating as low-histamine of a diet as possible and seeing if things improve?

Another thing you could try would be taking an antihistamine and observing the results? And then go from there?

Also, the freezing hands and feet? VERY common. I still get that here and there. That was one of my biggest physical symptoms.

I really hope you’re doing as okay as you can be. Keep hanging in there my friend. You got this :) 

16 hours ago, [[p...] said:

As far as face flushing, you are not the only one!! I remember in the beginning sometimes I would wake up in the night and my face would be on fire. That doesn’t happen to me anymore!

This is a shot in the dark:

You could test your theory by eating as low-histamine of a diet as possible and seeing if things improve?

Another thing you could try would be taking an antihistamine and observing the results? And then go from there?

Also, the freezing hands and feet? VERY common. I still get that here and there. That was one of my biggest physical symptoms.

I really hope you’re doing as okay as you can be. Keep hanging in there my friend. You got this :) 

Thanks for the reply…was starting to think it’s only me!

Tried antihistamines but no change so assuming now it is just a bunch of odd symptoms. So frustrating as they are going on for months and nothing seems to improve them. Today it is 27th C here near London and my hands are like ice but face like a furnace! Really feels like something is seriously out of whack but I guess I just have to try and accept the symptoms and live alongside them as best I can hoping one day I can emerge from all this stuff…