Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please support my tapering from xanax and clonopin

[Ho...]

17 hours ago, [[P...] said:

If you reduced your dose by .5 mg, this would be a 16.7% decrease, that seems awfully big, why not cut one of your .5 mg pills in half and reduce by .25 for your first reduction, 8.3%, just to see how you’re going to react?  

Ok brother

I will reduce .25 for now, hopefully it will help

On 31/08/2023 at 18:44, [[H...] said:

Have been taking clonazepam for last 4-5 year and tried with tapering using Valium but no success most of the time

now I am on xanax(1.5 mg ) and clonopin( 1.5 mg ) to help me sleep and do all my daily activities 

please help me to quit this shit 

Need support 

Hi Hop,

Are you getting two benzos from two different docs? Most docs including pdocs will only Rx you one benzo at a time. What DXs are you taking the benzos for? 

You said>>>

I am on xanax(1.5 mg ) and clonopin( 1.5 mg ) to help me sleep and do all my daily activities 

Are you taking these two benzos mainly for just sleep? What are your daily activities?

Edited by [An...]
correction after proofreading

55 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Hi Hop,

Are you getting two benzos from two different docs? Most docs including pdocs will only Rx you one benzo at a time. What DXs are you taking the benzos for? 

You said>>>

Are you taking these two benzos mainly for just sleep? What are your daily activities?

I have moved to 3 mg of xanax and stopped clonazepam

I take them for sleep only

1 mg @ around 9 pm

2 mg @ around 2 am

I just want to quit these medications as it's effecting my daily life and my family life

From tomorrow I will be cutting .25 mg and start tapering

1 hour ago, [[H...] said:

I have moved to 3 mg of xanax and stopped clonazepam

I take them for sleep only

1 mg @ around 9 pm

2 mg @ around 2 am

I just want to quit these medications as it's effecting my daily life and my family life

From tomorrow I will be cutting .25 mg and start tapering

How are you feeling after stopping the clonazepam cold? How long were you on it?

23 hours ago, [[A...] said:

How are you feeling after stopping the clonazepam cold? How long were you on it?

After stopping clonazepam for 1st few days there were some withdrawal symptoms like sleeping trouble, confusion, 

But I have adjusted myself to xanax now

On 18/10/2023 at 05:07, [[P...] said:

If you reduced your dose by .5 mg, this would be a 16.7% decrease, that seems awfully big, why not cut one of your .5 mg pills in half and reduce by .25 for your first reduction, 8.3%, just to see how you’re going to react?  

Ok brother

I will cut .25 and see

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2023 at 05:42, [[A...] said:

Hop,

Please update after the .25 MG Xanax cut. When do you plan on cutting?

****following

Edited by [Ho...]

On 20/10/2023 at 02:40, [[H...] said:

Ok brother

I will cut .25 and see

hello brother, i am now on 2.5 mg, .25mg cut twice weekly, but dont know how will it feel by cutting another .25, will you suggest me to wait for another .25 cut?

On 18/10/2023 at 05:07, [[P...] said:

hello brother, i am now on 2.5 mg, .25mg cut twice weekly, but dont know how will it feel by cutting another .25, will you suggest me to wait for another .25 cut?

okay, so yesterday i took 2.25 mg and slept at 2 am and woke up around 4.30 am due to the sound of steel water bottle fallen on the floor, it increased my heart beat , i couldn't sleep so i took another 1 mg at 6 am , still unable to sleep, then i took 1 mg clonazepam after a long time , and after taking clonazepam, i start talking to my wife as she woke up at 7am then i decided not sleep anymore today and went outside at around 5 pm i started feeling too sleepy then i took a cup of coffee and tried to stay awake till dinner. then at around 12 am i finally slept taking 2 mg of xanax and woke up at around 3 pm afternoon , and today i felt very energetic and active may be due to long deep sleep.

i think i should add some other drug with xanax for taper or take some anti depressant like bupropion or any ssri i dont know what 

please suggest should i stick with xanax taper only or add something else

On 05/11/2023 at 23:23, [[P...] said:

What are you symptoms, how do you feel?

okay, so yesterday i took 2.25 mg and slept at 2 am and woke up around 4.30 am due to the sound of steel water bottle fallen on the floor, it increased my heart beat , i couldn't sleep so i took another 1 mg at 6 am , still unable to sleep, then i took 1 mg clonazepam after a long time , and after taking clonazepam, i start talking to my wife as she woke up at 7am then i decided not sleep anymore today and went outside at around 5 pm i started feeling too sleepy then i took a cup of coffee and tried to stay awake till dinner. then at around 12 am i finally slept taking 2 mg of xanax and woke up at around 3 pm afternoon , and today i felt very energetic and active may be due to long deep sleep.

i think i should add some other drug with xanax for taper or take some anti depressant like bupropion or any ssri i dont know what 

sorry brother for my poor english

On 20/10/2023 at 05:42, [[A...] said:

Hop,

Please update after the .25 MG Xanax cut. When do you plan on cutting?

****following

sorry brother for my poor english

I am back again on 2.5 mg, I don't know but I am afraid of cutting down more 

Edited by [Ho...]

• 3 weeks later...

How are you brother,

Will you suggest me to switch to any other benzo and then start Taper again?

Reply please 

I’m sorry I haven’t been around, can you tell us what medications you take and your daily dose of them?

Your dosing has been very erratic, its important to get on a steady daily dose and hold there before considering new medications.

Please list what you take, how much and how often.