Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

OCD/ruminating thoughts have returned. Scared about possibly injury.

[sc...]

Hi all,

I used to have severe ocd and health anxiety, and these thoughts are returning strongly during withdrawal. I knocked over a glass lamp recently & it landed on my bed after hitting the wall. There were tiny glass shards on my mattress cover. I was scared to pick them out of the mattress cover so I gently lifted it off the bed and set it on the floor a safe distance away. I started sleeping on the bare mattress with a duvet until I shake out the cover and I’m worried pieces of glass fell on the mattress when I lifted the cover. What if I got glass in my eyes. They started feeling irritated and I’m worried there are sliver of glass in there. I’m concerned some glass slivers fell on the floor when the lamp broke. I could have stepped on them & transferred them to my bed. I don’t know what to do. Scared to go to Dr because I don’t want to spike my hyperacusis/tinnitus with a loud car ride. 

I should have stayed in my brother’s room (he moved out awhile ago). Only stayed in there for a bit bc I was scared of the glass but my dog kept barking and I could hear her less from my room.

I’m really scared guys. My eyes feel uncomfortable and I don’t want to adds other medical issue to the equation. What if I’m damaging my eyes? What is this grainy discomfort lasts forever and if there’s glass in them what if they can’t get it out?

Thanks everyone

Hi buddy!

I also had OCD and health anxiety before my benzo journey and that was the reason for being so long on benzoses in my case.

Unfortunately the healing of our benzo withdrawal doesn't include and our pre conditions..

My OCD came back again in my 20th month off, I have two hard weeks and also I'm thinking if I should start to take meds again because I can't stand..or to give it a chance to psychoterapeut..

Im sure that I don't want to be again on benzoses but I'm also sure that I can't wait just to be "completely healed" from every of my pre conditions just because I'm clean od benzo now..

We must to work on our pre conditions.