Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Hard to go out/ super stressed about it!!!

[Bu...]

Me again. I was recently forced to go grocery shopping( first time in 1/2 year). Didn't like it! I have to do it again ( don't like people touching produce). Why do i always get a nasty cashier! I'm a nice person. How do I stop being so stressed about it!!! Wish I didn't have to eat!

Sorry you are stressed about going to the store.   You can do this!!!   I think the more you go, the easier it will get.  I am not saying it will get easy, but doing multiple times will help you build your confidence and will help you work on your coping skills.   Do you have some "tools" in your tool box for coping with the stress of going to the store?   Some things we have talked about recently are going early in the morning.   Going for a very short period of time.    Your store might not have self checkout but if they do I would use that so you wont have to deal with a cashier.

Let us know how it goes.....

Hi, Decatur, :balloon: Thanks, again  for asking. I did go out and it was alright although it was stressful though. I will use self-checkout in the future. Nasty cashiers are awful. I've put up with alot. My tapers almost done but I still feel just as bad.

So glad you were able to go!    When you say "feel just as bad", does that mean you feel the same way at the end of your taper as you did at the beginning?

• Like 1

Yes! I feel almost the same mentally as when I began 3 1/2 years ago. However, my physical symptoms are gone ( and they were legion!!!) But the intrusive thoughts and fear remain very strong, which surprises me!

The fact that your physical symptoms are gone is great, but I am sure the intrusive thoughts and fear are distressing.    Those symptoms can be difficult to cope with, but know that you will not always feel this way.   

I think I have mentioned this already, so forgive me if I have, but would it be possible for you to put your benzo history in the "About Me" section of your profile?  This would be so helpful for anyone who is responding to your posts.

• Like 1

I totally understand the isolation and loneliness.    I have experienced a lot of isolation.    I think you have commented on this before, but do you have any supportive people around you?

• Like 1

Only my partner Decatur. adult child stopped taking to me long ago as they did not understand my depression ( caused by the drugs). Many "friends" left too. Don't know why God has these things happen. However, I am well taken care of by my very loving partner, so I'm very fortunate! :)

So glad your partner is supportive!    Having your child not understand what you are going through and why must be painful.   

Keep coming here for support!!!   You will get through this!!!

• Like 1