Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

tachycardia

[bh...]

anybody feeling tachycardia,my heart rate persistent more than 100 when I come do low dose klonopil ..no symptoms ..is it common..my Apple Watch continuously giving reding high heart rate..

• Like 1

It's extremely common- I think many members experience it.  It was my first system in withdrawal.  It will get better and eventually go away with time.  

Yes, this is very common, however if you feel like you need to get checked out by a doctor, do not hesitate to do so.   

• Like 1

Yes. I have experienced increase heart rate and also a HARD / FAST pounding heart rate - simultaneously. It's so uncomfortable, distracting and concerning at times. I think most members have struggled with this symptom at one point or another in their/our taper. For me it seems to come and go, but came more after I jumped off my benzo. I know how scary this can be too. The thing that helped me the most was to do deep breathing (square breathing 4 counts each side of the square and work my way up to 6 or 7 counts if possible. Sometimes I could only do 2 or 3 counts per side). Usually with square breathing I could get my heart rate down from 130 to about 75-80 if I was really committed. Hang in there

• Like 2

Yes, I have tachycardia most of the time cause of meds I'm on. The consolation is that your heart enters the Fat Burn Zone (like during exercise), so you lose weight.

I got used to it. The essential thing is your resting heart rate. And your heart health. I'm using a Fitbit

@[ia...] gave you good advice concerning deep breathing. Also mindfulness and meditation may be helpful. Hugging your pet if you have one.

Your Apple watch must have a function which will teach you to focus on your breathing. Five minutes a day is enough. 

• Like 1