Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

20 months off feels like acute

[Ba...]

Anyone 20 or so months off took a short nap and woke up with the motor truck vibrating in my chest. ANYONE, is it really true that we feel an improvement in baseline after each wave? Just need reassurance. I fell asleep in peace for a change and now this. Anyone????

After 35 months of valium (cold turkey) I am having severe muscle spasms.  Have been in this wave for 6-7 weeks now. Unreal.  This is as worse as it has ever been.

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, [[f...] said:

After 35 months of valium (cold turkey) I am having severe muscle spasms.  Have been in this wave for 6-7 weeks now. Unreal.  This is as worse as it has ever been.

We’re you on other meds?

4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Anyone 20 or so months off took a short nap and woke up with the motor truck vibrating in my chest. ANYONE, is it really true that we feel an improvement in baseline after each wave? Just need reassurance. I fell asleep in peace for a change and now this. Anyone????

I am 21 months off and still not able to take naps as it makes my symptoms 1000 times worse. It is called toxic naps.  You can do a search on toxic naps, as some people are not able to nap until they are fully healed. 
i would love to take a nap, but each time I try, I wake up with a surge of symptoms.

As far as waves, I’ve read they can wax and wane. This process is very non linear. I’ve read where you may get a wave, feel a little better, only to get slammed again and the cycle repeats until healing finally comes. I’ve never had a window, just continued waves and surges in intensity. 😢

I sure hope we heal soon! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Sounds like a toxic nap.  I had one today too.  I felt unhinged after I woke up.  Lots of intrusive thoughts and horrific anxiety. 

13 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I am 21 months off and still not able to take naps as it makes my symptoms 1000 times worse. It is called toxic naps.  You can do a search on toxic naps, as some people are not able to nap until they are fully healed. 
i would love to take a nap, but each time I try, I wake up with a surge of symptoms.

As far as waves, I’ve read they can wax and wane. This process is very non linear. I’ve read where you may get a wave, feel a little better, only to get slammed again and the cycle repeats until healing finally comes. I’ve never had a window, just continued waves and surges in intensity. 😢

It’s all so strange because I use to be able to take naps. Now 8/22 I can feel the wave with palpitations and left side pulling sensation. 

2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

It’s all so strange because I use to be able to take naps. Now 8/22 I can feel the wave with palpitations and left side pulling sensation. 

Yes it’s all so strange. Perhaps you were just having a mini wave during the day. None of this makes any sense. I’m not able to take the toxic naps because it revs my symptoms. I’m so sorry. I hope it settles down for you. 💕

• Like 1

To Baraqah,

I was on other meds (opioids, amitriptyline and gabapentine) but had stopped them quite some time before I stopped the valium.  But being polydrugged may be part of the reason it is taking so long for me to recover.

On 21/08/2023 at 19:18, [[j...] said:

Just not understanding why at 21 months off , I get toxic naps.   I have to sleep. I had adrenal fatigue really bad befor benzos so i know it’s still a factor. I’ll just have to keep up the good fight. Time heals