Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Calf/foot tingles

[ho...]

Anyone get calf and foot tingles or pins and needles?

I know this May seem odd…but my calf/food tingles become more activated  when my leg gets goosebumps from being cold… 

Or it could just be the new symptom that’s jumped in… seems like I get a new one every few weeks and I’ve learned the less attention I give it the faster it goes away and then another one pops up…. I’m really thinking my brain is perceiving much danger and the more I give all of this indifference the better!

You are right about being indifferent to the symptoms!!! 
A tingling sensation seems to be a pretty common symptom.  Hopefully, it will subside soon.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

You are right about being indifferent to the symptoms!!! 
A tingling sensation seems to be a pretty common symptom.  Hopefully, it will subside soon.  

Thanks! I’m seeing the more testing I’ve had done over the last 5 years due more worse it’s made things with fear. I’m doing some neuroplasticity work now and it definitely seems like distraction and positive thinking as hard as it may be can be a good combo! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, [[h...] said:

Anyone get calf and foot tingles or pins and needles?

I know this May seem odd…but my calf/food tingles become more activated  when my leg gets goosebumps from being cold… 

Or it could just be the new symptom that’s jumped in… seems like I get a new one every few weeks and I’ve learned the less attention I give it the faster it goes away and then another one pops up…. I’m really thinking my brain is perceiving much danger and the more I give all of this indifference the better!

Hi @[ho...] I had lots of bodily sensations tingles/numbness electric shocks etc. You are right ignoring it does help.

I found chapter III  in the Ashton very helpful I had a myriad of symptoms. Seeing them listed with explanations’ reassured me, that it was withdrawal and it was temporary.

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

The Ashton Manual

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/   

From the manual

Bodily sensations. All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal. It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them.

In my clinic, nerve conduction studies in patients with such symptoms revealed nothing abnormal - for example, there was no evidence of peripheral neuritis. However, the symptoms were sometimes enough to puzzle neurologists. Three patients with a combination of numbness, muscle spasms and double vision were diagnosed as having multiple sclerosis. This diagnosis, and all the symptoms, disappeared soon after the patients stopped their benzodiazepines.

Magrita:smitten:

• Like 1

I've been having pain and tingling/numbness in my calves and feet - more in my right side than my left.  ::) I'm actually HOPING it's the benzos so that when I stop it will go away! Otherwise, I may be stuck with it.

Definitely just ignore it if you can! Those symptoms just want attention! Phhhhttt!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I've been having pain and tingling/numbness in my calves and feet - more in my right side than my left.  ::) I'm actually HOPING it's the benzos so that when I stop it will go away! Otherwise, I may be stuck with it.

Definitely just ignore it if you can! Those symptoms just want attention! Phhhhttt!

Right? Little attention seeking you know what’s 😂

• Like 1

Yeah, same here. 6 months off and tingling in calves (amongst others). 

Tore a calf muscle a few months ago; out of commission for a month.

Definitely feel less when I am distracted. LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah, same here. 6 months off and tingling in calves (amongst others). 

Tore a calf muscle a few months ago; out of commission for a month.

Definitely feel less when I am distracted. LOL

Same here with distraction too! 

• Like 2