Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Is this website antipsychotic/antidepressant withdrawal friendly?

[st...]

I'm in withdrawal off of citalopram and olanzapine, a few various others short term through the entirety. I was recently prescribed 15 tabs of 0.5mg clonazepam as needed and I do NOT plan on getting refills past these.

• Like 1

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, @[st...]

To be clear, only the clonazepam is a benzodiazepine. But some members here can probably provide you with some feedback about your other medications.

You are highly unlikely to develop dependency after 15 doses of clonazepam, even if you took them every day over 15 days. And if you are truly taking the 15 doses intermittently, you will not develop dependency. The danger is, of course, that intermittent use becomes regular use and you gain repeat prescriptions - this can lead to dependency.

Why have you been prescribed clonazepam? If that sounds like a loaded question, it is not meant to be. I just wish to properly understand your situation.

• Like 1

Greetings and welcome to BenzoBuddies, @[st...] We’re glad you’re here.

In case you aren’t aware of it, Surviving Antidepressants (SA) is a peer support community for individuals who wish to discontinue antidepressants and other psychotropic drugs including antipsychotics.  SA also offers helpful, drug-specific tapering tip sheets.  For example:

Tips for tapering off Celexa (citalopram)
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2023-tips-for-tapering-off-celexa-citalopram/

Tips for tapering off Zyprexa (olanzapine)
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/3743-tips-for-tapering-off-zyprexa-olanzapine