Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Giving up

[hl...]

I’m throwing in the towel. I’m tired of lying to myself that I’ll get better. I won’t.

I just tried to go to the grocery store and it was the most stressful experience of my life. So much overstimulation, I feel like my brain can’t handle the real world. Everything is too much. Lights, noises, cars moving, people moving. It was horrible. I felt this exact same way during Christmas and it hasn’t improved 1 bit. I’ve never had a window. I’ve never felt any relief, any sort of gimped into a better life. 

im done. I can’t do it anymore. I’m severely brain damaged, or autistic now.

this is my last time begging. Has anyone else with THIS SPECIFIC symptom every recovered? I want to hear stories from people that couldn’t process the outside world that are now recovered. It’s been 13 months since my last dose, and I can’t do it anymore 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

What medication were you on and how long 

Xanax for 4 months. Switched to klonopin and tapered over 8 months. I’m 13 months off now 

What does giving up even look like, going back on benzos?

My favorite way of not giving up is putting it off for a day.  Every day I put it off for another day. 

Just put it off.  Don't give up today.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

what symptom do you mean?  Is it just inability to handle the outside world, or something else?  Are you okay at home, or in bed?

15 hours ago, [[C...] said:

What medication were you on and how long 

This is an important question, and providing this helps others help you.  Here are the instructions. 

Yes, I had the exact same issue for the longest time. Many times trying to get groceries I ended up going to the hospital and sitting in the parking lot . Sometimes for days. Actually living in the car because I felt so awful.

Mine was Klonopin too. 9 months off now.It gets better. I almost never have to go to hospital. Still can't physically do much, but I  can get groceries. I have to rest up and push myself, but I get super revved up and have to rest for days. But it's not torture any more. 

I have a new issue that started a week ago.

An angst pain at base of skull, sometimes sharp like an icepick. Dizzy all day, and very dizzy if I move my head too fast, or the wrong way. 

On 18/08/2023 at 23:05, [[G...] said:

What does giving up even look like, going back on benzos?

My favorite way of not giving up is putting it off for a day.  Every day I put it off for another day. 

Just put it off.  Don't give up today.

I think this is the question.  If you’re giving up, what are you going to do?  Go back on a benzo?

The benzo is the problem here.  You might feel better when you go back on it but long-term it’s very possible it’s only going to damage nervous system further.  

If overstimulation is your issue, there are other medications that can help.  Probably won’t fix it but can help to where it’s more manageable.  I would absolutely go that route before deciding on a benzo.  I recently started a small dose of Depakote, a med used for epilepsy, bipolar and migraines.  It does help the overstimulation.  Does very little for many other symptoms but I’m more stable at least and does take the edge off the overstimulation for me. 

• Like 1