Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Testosterone and muscle wasting caused by withdrawal

[mt...]

Wondering if anyone here(protracted, preferably) whom experienced severe all over body muscle loss due to withdrawal AND whom had been having low testosterone (free T 300 or below for a male in his 40s), tried TRT to see if it helped with stalling the muscle loss, or even better recovering some of the lost muscle loss ?

My ND has been suggesting me to go on with trying TRT, hoping that it would help with my extreme muscle loss (otherwise described in my other posts); anyone in this very situation and can share? because I am well aware of the fact that testosterone supplementation is serious business 

• Like 1

Sorry I'm not in the Protracted stage, but I know a little bit, for myself.  I first would ask you what does your daily diet look like? 

I hope you aren't offended by me asking but I am a true believer in nutrition after mine put my T2 Diabetes into remission, and most of all, I believe it is the reason for my lack of wd sxs, and a slow taper off a benzo I took for 35 years, at 1 mg. I am only 5 months into my taper, so I know some other folks will probably be of more comfort and help to you, Denise :hug:PS I am 70, know nothing about trt, but I do know at 70, actually 69 when I started, that nutrition plus weight-training has built muscle on my ole bod ;)

23 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Sorry I'm not in the Protracted stage, but I know a little bit, for myself.  I first would ask you what does your daily diet look like? 

I hope you aren't offended by me asking but I am a true believer in nutrition after mine put my T2 Diabetes into remission, and most of all, I believe it is the reason for my lack of wd sxs, and a slow taper off a benzo I took for 35 years, at 1 mg. I am only 5 months into my taper, so I know some other folks will probably be of more comfort and help to you, Denise :hug:PS I am 70, know nothing about trt, but I do know at 70, actually 69 when I started, that nutrition plus weight-training has built muscle on my ole bod ;)

glad that the diet has been working for you. I've been on an  autoimmune diet with emphasis on high  lean protein intake, as well as other supplements and that didn't change anything ( as it's explained in my other posts pre BB upgrade). So let's leave the diet and exercise aside in this specific case in which I'm only interested to hear about TRT when having muscle wasting induced by withdrawal.

wondering if an admin can move this topic to the long haulers aka protracted club? that's where I actually  intended to have this posted before the club came into existence. thank you