Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Update

[Al...]

Just a quick one guys to share my MRI results from the weekend. 
I took an MRI to give myself some peace of mind and silence the health anxiety gremlins which seem to go hand in hand with these terrible withdrawals. Went to the best hospital in Phnom Penh and they found absolutely nothing wrong. The neurologist scratched his head and diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and then prescribed pregablin lol. Think he thought I was nuts when I suggested benzo withdrawal  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Just a quick one guys to share my MRI results from the weekend. 
I took an MRI to give myself some peace of mind and silence the health anxiety gremlins which seem to go hand in hand with these terrible withdrawals. Went to the best hospital in Phnom Penh and they found absolutely nothing wrong. The neurologist scratched his head and diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and then prescribed pregablin lol. Think he thought I was nuts when I suggested benzo withdrawal  

I'm so glad the MRI came back normal. Although we know you feel far from 'normal. The first time I tapered off benzos, I didn't totally know what was happeneing to me - and began having body pain, aches - in deep tissue, joints and muscles. I was only 24 at the time. I also received the 'fibromyalgia' diagnosis. It continues to amaze me how most physicians do not understand how benzos impact so many areas of our body and so many systems (CNS/circulatory/endocrine etc.) I hope the results have given you a small amount of peace. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much and they have although the MRI itself was like being buried alive under a bad techno rave. 
I can at least focus on healing now rather than second guessing myself. Benzo withdrawal is mental though I can’t believe it’s this bad for some people.

• Like 1

@[Al...] glad everything was OK, yes do not second guess yourself, gifts that benzo >:D leave are usually to trip us up and cause us undue worry. It is bad for everyone that has tapered off of benzo's mostly. Stay Strong and congrats for getting off and yes focus on your healing. 💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1