Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Stomach pain, burning mouth at 19 months out

[...]

At 19 months out from stopping valium, I seem to be having a wave. This is so upsetting as I had some great windows and actually thought I was nearly healed. 

Over the last few weeks I have had stomach pain, burning mouth, gas and dry throat and coughing. I feel very nervous and restless. My sleep, which had been improving a lot is now broken and I have frightening dreams. 

I have made an appointment for a gastroenterologist consultation prior to endoscopy. Previous endoscopies and other gastrointestinal investigations have found nothing amiss, so much so that my GP thinks it won't be helpful to have more.

It would help me to hear from anyone else who has had similar problems.

Thanks 

Hi Saz,

I'm almost at 12 months and am so sorry to hear of your wave! You may still be nearly healed; I've read of several people who had a surprise wave pretty far out, and it passed, leaving them well again. 

Sometimes there is a stressor in our lives, a change in medication or a food sensitivity that can bring old wounds back for a bit. While it's always good to rule things out, it sounds as if you have a good GP who is not willing to subject you to tests that have a low probability of helping and will stress your body further. It's may hope that someone with a similar experience hops on here, to help calm your fears and steady your ship!

My best to you,

HCHC