Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Heavy legs that turn purple.

[Jo...]

I've heard members describe heavy legs but I don't think I've read about them turning purple.  How long has this been happening, have you seen a doctor?  What is the status of your taper, or are you benzo free?

• Love 1

8 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Is anyone else’s legs turning purple and feel really heavy? 

Hi JoJo

my knees turn purple some mornings but they don’t hurt. Feel a bit heavy but my arms are much worse. I believe it’s just another BIND symptom which comes and goes… I wish you good healing 🍀

• Love 1

Did yours go away? You had POtS in tolerance and during your taper? I don’t know what’s going on with me honestly. I was taking ONE 0.5mg ati every other night for sleep since 2020. Before that is was every 2-3 nights. I think what’s happening to me is independent of the benzo issues. 

On 14/08/2023 at 22:54, [[P...] said:

I've heard members describe heavy legs but I don't think I've read about them turning purple.  How long has this been happening, have you seen a doctor?  What is the status of your taper, or are you benzo free?

I’m not sure. Definitely for about 3 months. I’ve seen so many doctors for my symptoms over the last 3 months. I have no idea what to do. I don’t think this is all benzo wd.

i was taking one 0.5mg of ati every other night since 2020. Prior to that it was 2-3 nights a week. Never more than 0.5mg and never back to back. I started my water taper in May and I’m down from 100mls of water to 75 mls of water. But split into 3 doses and dosing every 3 hours. 

Looking at the number of replies you've gotten, it sounds like it can have different causes as well as from benzo withdrawal.  You say you've seen doctors but have they seen your legs or were you there for other reasons?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Looking at the number of replies you've gotten, it sounds like it can have different causes as well as from benzo withdrawal.  You say you've seen doctors but have they seen your legs or were you there for other reasons?

One ER doc has seen my legs. I’ve been complaining of heavy legs and painful legs for months AND feeling like I’m going to pass out when I stand up. Not one doctor asked to see my legs or checked my vitals in different positions until recently when I asked 😞 

On 15/08/2023 at 07:16, [[E...] said:

@[Jo...]

I used to have such symptom on antipsychotics for sleep. Although the doses were tiny.  I’m also thinking BCP? Are you on any of such meds?

I don’t know what BCP is? I’m on a calcium channel blocker for coronary artery spasms and the .4 ish mg of ati 

• Like 1

Amlodopine can definitely cause pain in the legs. It's a well known side effect. I was a drug rep promoting a competitor cardiac drug and we would always allude to the leg swelling/pain problems with calcium channel blockers. I am surprised that an ED doctor didn't pick that up. No, I take that back, I am not surprised at all ! Disenchanted, obviously since being injured by benzos.

My mother, herself a doctor (albeit 94 years old and somewhat out of touch with current prescribing ) was put on a calcium channel blocker for high blood pressure and endured terrible pain and swelling in her legs.

So that could be it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1