Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hey BB my beloved warriors

[An...]

Is been so long time in the darkness for me to come out and share my story but with a glimmer of hope again in my heart I want to be here for any of you who may need my help . Working as a night time nurse during covid I had some issues with sleep so prescribed the zopiclone for a month after that time stopping it the slept gone wild for me no more sleep and depressed and tired so the merry go round is depression the first dose of Prozac and the hell brooke loose followed by be patient take mirtazapine and they never worked for me I felt like my brain gone on fire so benzo s diazepam came into place for a full 13 month 10 mg a day ,I was becoming a shelf of me i ve lost everything my job , friends and love and almost my family I decided is time to give up whatever may happen if I die I die but I couldn t continue like that . I choosed cold turkey as I didn’t knew any other way and few days later the hell came over in any meaning so much darkness and death and I ve spent almost 3 years in the called valley of shadow and death but was no way back as behind was giving up in the worster way possible in front was a hell made of intense long lasting pain and fire to go through and just a probability of a small light that seemed to faraway ….. I decide to descend and slowly slowly I make it to that light … don’t give up i m here if u need me in any way I can don’t give up on you never all these things are not permanent as life itself is not permanent one day you will be a stronger you belive in you .the intensity of the symptoms tough seems impossible will decrease with time unfortunately a very long and dark time . My were a hell with no words that most of you ve been through from severe insomnia nightmares vivid horrors dreams to body pains , tremors ,convulsion to the worster hell of psychosis and depression to the worster hell of the most crazy anxiety filled in with the most horrific intrusive thoughts images and impulses doesn’t matter which death they were showing me but was all I knew death was in everything,here I am now 26 months later with a inhumane strength and power i m still here fighting still looking for that tiny light much better than few months ago when that hell begin , keep strong my brothers we will make it through I love you because you were here for mw in those months when I lost everything but u kept me alive 

• Like 3

Hello Andreea :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am glad you  joined the forum.  Thank you this inspiring post!  You’ve  been through a lot, cold turkey is always a tough road. You have come a long way, well done for getting this far.   I am pleased you are doing better than you were, hang in for a while longer, you will eventually recover from this nightmare. The light is there, you just can't see it yet, but you will do so stay positive.

The Ashton Manual,  gives us a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.   It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, It also includes a list of common symptoms here http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#4  

Link to the Ashton Manual

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

It will get better

Magrita

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@[An...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies🤍 Night shifts and COVID. I can imagine it was a nightmare. I know Prozac, it has awful sxs, but sometimes one has no choice. Diazepam as well. Took mirt in the past, lasted three weeks on it... You’ve been through quite a rollercoaster. The brain needs time to regain homeostasis. Hang around here. Stay safe. Paula

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thank you all for being here with hen alone and lost I thought that all was over u were my life line you all were that light at the end of a dark tunnel I l here too if u need me we keep going we will heal

Welcome @[An...] back to BB, what a time you have been through, but like all Benzo Warriors, you have fought and fought, and so glad that your light is flickering for you again, it will get brighter, why....because the "Light of Hope" never goes out, it waits for us, no matter how long it takes. Thank you for posting your story and thank you for thinking of others during a really hard time. I truly believe giving to others is a true gift. Hang on you will make it, and life will be good for you again. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Welcome @[An...] back to BB, what a time you have been through, but like all Benzo Warriors, you have fought and fought, and so glad that your light is flickering for you again, it will get brighter, why....because the "Light of Hope" never goes out, it waits for us, no matter how long it takes. Thank you for posting your story and thank you for thinking of others during a really hard time. I truly believe giving to others is a true gift. Hang on you will make it, and life will be good for you again. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

We are so strong all of us as this is a hell with no words due by the hand of doctors we need to keep saying the truth even if our humble experience could save at least one life as too many of us are not here anymore to share their stories I love you guys keep sharing the story because we ve got this opportunity with big suffering and always remember u will never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice u have left 

• Like 2