Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What the hell is wrong with me!!!??

[hl...]

What the f*** is going on??? My brain is so overstimulated all the time! It’s even worse today! I can’t even open my eyes without feeling my brain burn!

Whenever I go out and drive places my body dumps adrenaline, I feel dizzy, I start breathing heavy, my brain starts tingling and feels like it’s going to explode. Simple tasks are so difficult now, and it’s getting worse.

I’ve read this type of bs happens to people that have pots (which I happen to have from withdrawal). Why is my brain like this??? It’s been 13 months, I should not be experiencing this type of acute nonsense this far out.

has anyone else felt this way or had this? Did it ever improve?? When will I be able to go out and live my life!???

Yes I felt this way at 13 months out, simple tasks were impossible. You have to keep positive, and get through each day the best you can.  A few months further on, you will see a difference.  I was losing hope and nothing really changed, I was still housebound and suffering badly at 13 months, and at 18 months, I felt great, and I never looked back from then.  This journey takes longer than any of us wanted, but recovery will come so hang in there.

Magrita:hug:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, [[m...] said:

Yes I felt this way at 13 months out, simple tasks were impossible. You have to keep positive, and get through each day the best you can.  A few months further on, you will see a difference.  I was losing hope and nothing really changed, I was still housebound and suffering badly at 13 months, and at 18 months, I felt great, and I never looked back from then.  This journey takes longer than any of us wanted, but recovery will come so hang in there.

Magrita:hug:

I can’t keep doing this any longer. My life is literally falling apart. I’m losing friends, my girlfriend doesn’t understand what is wrong with me and is mad at me all the time. I can’t go out and do anything. Infact I was doing 20% better a while ago and now I’m much worse. I don’t think this overstimulation will ever end 

1 minute ago, [[h...] said:

I can’t keep doing this any longer. My life is literally falling apart. I’m losing friends, my girlfriend doesn’t understand what is wrong with me and is mad at me all the time. I can’t go out and do anything. Infact I was doing 20% better a while ago and now I’m much worse. I don’t think this overstimulation will ever end 

It will end and yes you can keep doing this hllaya, you must keep going it, don't let the benzos win!    I really wish there was another way, but sadly you have to push through it.  I nearly lost my home, family members fell out with me,  I lost friends...but they were not real friends...a few real friends stuck around.   We feel better for a while and then back in the thick of it again...that's what happens in withdrawal! Its up and down for a while but it will turn around.   One day you will feel better, and you will keep feeling better, no going back, I promise you will recover.

• Like 6

It's a hard journey back to our real selves. I had to simply keep on going - little glimpses would appear of my new self and they helped to keep me moving along. Yes, don't let the Benzos win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[g...] said:

It's a hard journey back to our real selves. I had to simply keep on going - little glimpses would appear of my new self and they helped to keep me moving along. Yes, don't let the Benzos win. 

My brain feels like it’s been destroyed. I simply cannot handle anything that I used to do. 

I feel like I have a concussion from the overstimulation 

3 hours ago, [[g...] said:

You will get better. It takes time. Seems impossible. But you can do this!!!

I don’t think so. I’ve never felt it this bad before and it’s getting worse. I feel constant overstimulation or “akathisia” in my head at all times. It feels like a strong burning sensation that I can’t escape

Sorty you are struggling. Your life is precious and there are people who care. What I do to cope when really bad is look for success stories of people who had similar issues, take  screenshots and read them over and over again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

Sorty you are struggling. Your life is precious and there are people who care. What I do to cope when really bad is look for success stories of people who had similar issues, take  screenshots and read them over and over again. 

I went to the Success Stories tonight to find some inspiration and for whatever reason, the front page is littered with stories of people healing in like 8, 10 years.  It did not hit me right and put me in a foul mood.  Mods should clean that up if they can.  

There are lots of good stories of people who struggled for the first year and then showed solid recovery after 12-18 months.  Have read them before.  But, I had to quit tonight because I was so discouraged. 

Sorry, that was really negative.  But it’s generally not a good idea for people in their first year off to see that it took someone 10 years.  Because things can be so bad in that first year that you imagine it’s going to be like that for 10 years when, in all reality, things will improve along the way and get more manageable. 

29 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

I went to the Success Stories tonight to find some inspiration and for whatever reason, the front page is littered with stories of people healing in like 8, 10 years.  It did not hit me right and put me in a foul mood.  Mods should clean that up if they can.  

There are lots of good stories of people who struggled for the first year and then showed solid recovery after 12-18 months.  Have read them before.  But, I had to quit tonight because I was so discouraged. 

Sorry, that was really negative.  But it’s generally not a good idea for people in their first year off to see that it took someone 10 years.  Because things can be so bad in that first year that you imagine it’s going to be like that for 10 years when, in all reality, things will improve along the way and get more manageable. 

I don't know why but I can't remember reading any 8-10 year story. Three years, which is not encouraging, but it is what it is. Guess you hit it on a bad day. I love it when people who've been better for years come back. Wish more people that healed in 12-18 months would comment. Honestly, I was more discouraged by  someone who healed in like four months. I'm a year out (almost) and not happy I'm not further along. It feels so, so close some days but never for the whole day, just for moments. Did some quick shopping today; drove myself. Powered through the stores and came home fast. But didn't have that high level of anxiety; not this time. Glad for that.

I hope some great encouragement comes your way soon! Here's one that encouraged me;

• Like 1

On 11/08/2023 at 23:42, [[d...] said:

8-10 years is NOT healing.  A newborn would be in 4th grade by the time “healing” takes place.  So I just sit back and watch everything scare me indescribably for a decade?????????

On 19/08/2023 at 17:42, [[G...] said:

8-10 years is NOT healing.  A newborn would be in 4th grade by the time “healing” takes place.  So I just sit back and watch everything scare me indescribably for a decade?????????

To be fair, they improved along the way.  But that’s how long it was to be 100% healed.  Most success stories are 1-3 years.  I just pulled it up on a bad day.  

I could do a lot with my life at 80%.  You kind of have to learn how to read through those success stories.  Everyone’s 80% is different.  That would mean I had windows 80% of the time or the intensity and number of symptoms dropped by 80%.  After dealing with what I’ve been through the past year, I would take that in a heartbeat.  I’ve healed 0%.