Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Dysautonomia doesn’t heal

[hl...]

Went out to the grocery store just now. It was so busy. I felt so overstimulated. I went into the grocery store by myself and felt adrenaline the whole time. Dizzy and overstimulated. Pots was kicking up pretty bad too. 

I’ve been reading posts on a dysautonomia forum that people with pots also have sensory overload and constant adrenaline. I’m beginning to wonder if I will ever heal and enjoy life like how I used to. I didn’t have pots before this. I also didn’t have the overstimulating feeling either, I just had  fast standing heart rate. Now im Non functional.

Beginning to think that once you acquire dysautonomia you have it permanently.

I feel so lost, I don’t know what’s causing my issues, all I know is im not improving. 

has anyone else felt like this and improved? I’m 13 months post taper and feel terrible 

I have a raging case of it as well at 8 months off. Never ANY of it before 5/6 weeks use of benzo. Came off and BOOM. These types of POST symptoms exploded. 

What symptoms do you have? I wonder if benzo injury is essential dysautonomia when you see the overall of symptoms....

I'm so sorry. It's horrendous. 

Well actually I was experiencing pots when I was taking benzodiazepines regularly, but I didn’t have pots before taking benzos at all. I have a high heart rate standing, and recently I’ve been dealing with a sense of overstimulation whenever I am out of the house. I feel drunk/high and have constant adrenaline. It feels like my brain is going to explode. 

it’s important to note that I didn’t have this sort of overstimulation when I first developed pots. All I had was a high heart rate.

im beginning to wonder if my dysautonomia is the cause of my symptoms and not benzo withdrawal anymore 

19 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I have a raging case of it as well at 8 months off. Never ANY of it before 5/6 weeks use of benzo. Came off and BOOM. These types of POST symptoms exploded. 

What symptoms do you have? I wonder if benzo injury is essential dysautonomia when you see the overall of symptoms....

I'm so sorry. It's horrendous. 

Well actually I was experiencing pots when I was taking benzodiazepines regularly, but I didn’t have pots before taking benzos at all. I have a high heart rate standing, and recently I’ve been dealing with a sense of overstimulation whenever I am out of the house. I feel drunk/high and have constant adrenaline. It feels like my brain is going to explode. 

it’s important to note that I didn’t have this sort of overstimulation when I first developed pots. All I had was a high heart rate.

im beginning to wonder if my dysautonomia is the cause of my symptoms and not benzo withdrawal anymore

My hunch is it's all from the benzos for both of us. It seems to set this off and why? I don't know. I wish I had some stellar advice but know you are not alone. It's awful and I feel for you as I'm navigating the same.