Important Survey - Please Participate ×

After 6 months?

[Go...]

Does anyone still have those “bad” days thoughts after 6+ months with no pills??  They seem to be getting worse everyday, and my hopelessness is increasing daily.

Unfortunately 6 months isn't a long time. I was still sleeping on the floor in hell for the 1st year. I know all you can do is count the the months and think about what symptoms have improved and what hasn't. But things will go, other things will get worse for a while and even new things might come up. The best thing you can do if you can is try to accept the symptoms. It's not easy I know, but accepting it will make it easier and help heal you.

What are you doing to distract? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

I’m doing nothing to distract.  I feel my mental state is too negative and bad to distract.

I know where you're coming from mate. Gotta just keep getting those days behind you 

• Like 1

I just played a fast word game on my computer over and over.  There wasn’t much else I could do.  Feed the backyard birds.  

• Like 1

Actually feeding the birds is positive. My friendly, visiting hummingbirds entertain me and get me out of my head at times, if only for a moment. Still, it is a moment of clarity. 

On 08/08/2023 at 10:12, [[H...] said:

Unfortunately 6 months isn't a long time. I was still sleeping on the floor in hell for the 1st year. I know all you can do is count the the months and think about what symptoms have improved and what hasn't. But things will go, other things will get worse for a while and even new things might come up. The best thing you can do if you can is try to accept the symptoms. It's not easy I know, but accepting it will make it easier and help heal you.

What are you doing to distract? 

Yeah, but did you have support/family to talk it out with?  Its different online and I'm stuck in a sober living g house with no one I talk too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Yeah, but did you have support/family to talk it out with?  Its different online and I'm stuck in a sober living g house with no one I talk too

I lived alone for the 1st 8 months, then my parents had to drive 800 miles to get me as I couldn't fly, and didn't think I was going to make it. I never spoke to them about anything though, I couldn't. There's no way to describe what was going on in my head. I had mental akathisia 

36 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

I lived alone for the 1st 8 months, then my parents had to drive 800 miles to get me as I couldn't fly, and didn't think I was going to make it. I never spoke to them about anything though, I couldn't. There's no way to describe what was going on in my head. I had mental akathisia 

I know the feeling.  All the guys here just think Im lazy and unmotivated.  They dont know what I've been going through the past 6+ months, and the 2 years prior to that while still on the Klonopin when the thoughts kept me doing nothing. 

40 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

I know the feeling.  All the guys here just think Im lazy and unmotivated.  They dont know what I've been going through the past 6+ months, and the 2 years prior to that while still on the Klonopin when the thoughts kept me doing nothing. 

Nobody would be able to understand unless they've been through it