Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hot flushes

[Ba...]

I’m puzzled about a symptom that I’ve been having. I’m peri so I’m wondering if what I’m having is a hot flash. Im 20 months off. What makes it weird is that the sensations  seems to happen around the same time every night . This time coincides with awakenings that occurred during acute WD. It’s around 1 am. I used to wake up 1am, 3am, 5am. Sleep has been off lately. So hot flashes happen at the same time every night? Overall I’m improving slowly but surely.

Hi, I'm about a year off. The sweats seemed to go into abeyance for a while, and now they're back. Now, they're linked to my thinking. When a stressful thought crosses my mind, a few seconds in, I'm bathed in sweat. Maybe your CNS found something that still needs a bit of healing!

I have terrible hot flushes (without sweats). I have had them since I was a teen, even without benzos. Now I have them always after I eat, cause I have some unspecified form of anorexia (earlier bulimia). Eating always triggers a hot flush. Also strong emotions. I increased my fluoxetine lately and they lessened, but are still here. My BP is low during these hot flushes, cause I have always had low blood pressure. I usually have rapid HR, but that's what I deal with on a daily basis. And learnt to live with. I'd be most comfortable in a fridge during these. 

• Wow 1

13 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I have terrible hot flushes (without sweats). I have had them since I was a teen, even without benzos. Now I have them always after I eat, cause I have some unspecified form of anorexia (earlier bulimia). Eating always triggers a hot flush. Also strong emotions. I increased my fluoxetine lately and they lessened, but are still here. My BP is low during these hot flushes, cause I have always had low blood pressure. I usually have rapid HR, but that's what I deal with on a daily basis. And learnt to live with. I'd be most comfortable in a fridge during these. 

I get this too now - only started this year but emotions and eating seem to bring on the flush. Face is pink most of the time now too...

• Like 1

Do you have any kind of Eating Disorder? For me it was severe bulimia since age 16, then accompanied by anorexia. Now I guess anorexia has the upper hand, cause bulimia is mostly controlled by fluoxetine. The sense of guilt after I eat is such that the whole body rebels. These hot flushes are one of the most terrible symptoms I have ever had, and now perimenopause could be making them even worse. My face turns red and I feel so ashamed that If I am anywhere in public, I have to take a tiny dose of fluoxetine with diazepam. It makes them go away. Definitely panick attacks. They are most pronounced in menopausal women with PTSD and I am one. Perimenopausal.