Important Survey - Please Participate ×

In hysterics

[Bo...]

Mods and experienced posters- i am in hysterics not knowing what I should do given how bad I’ve crashed here at .02/.018mg somewhere right there.

lsst weekend on Er bc if not being able to eat or drink and I’ve always been able to force food and liquid down thru last 3 1/2yrs no matter how nauseated.

Ate ok this week and then the tumble started yesterday again tracking like last week and my body is so sore drom

violent shaking all night and dry heaving. Amongst about 40 other symptoms akathisia being right up there again.
I’m in such severe pain now and not sure how to proceed. I am lost on what to do.

Replying to bump this for you. You know my story....I was sick as hell down that low and was still sick as hell jumping. I could not justify taking the pill while I was so sick and at such a ridiculously low dose. I had to jump. I just don't imagine what can stabilize down here without going through hell first. I do not think updating is smart as you will just be waiting to meet the devil again and backpeddling. Issue is everyone has a different story and outcome which you know. I'm sorry....I want to wrap you up and pray it all away. 

Hang in there. Collect replies. Evaluate your next step. If you are suffering and not able to eat, see about an IV or feeding tube-literally. THIS TOO SHALL PASS. THIS TOO SHALL PASS. THIS TOO SHALL PASS.....XOXO. 

• Like 1

Thank you @[ne...]…. 💜🙏The fear is as you know not knowing how much worse things can get. I wish this was happening after jump bc no decision to potentially spiral me into worse akathisia and shaking where I just can’t rest even. 

I just fear what would get worse bc I can’t sustain this for months of acute, but hoping God gives some reprieve so body stops shaking so hard and can just lay.

• Sad 1

I was on Ensure, PsychNP put me on it because I just wasn't getting enough calories in. When I would get really sick, I'd hold the same dose for a bit longer, until I was more stable. A lot of people go through acute as they get into the low doses, and when they jump, they are surprised to find themselves already in post-acute. Your symptoms sound very much like acute. I spent the last two weeks of April, and the first two weeks of May in that. I had jumped from 2.75 mg of Valium/diazepam using NAD+ as an assist, and I wondered if I made a mistake doing that. But I hung in there. And I'm glad I did. 

When you reduce or jump, all the prior doses are clearing out, and they all have different half-life cycles, so some clear out faster than others. And you feel it. Depending on how big the percentage of the cut, you feel it. So, you can just wait it out, or... Updose. If you jumped, reinstate. If you were cutting too much too quickly, those are options to consider. Frustrating for sure, we all want to be done and off the stuff. If you are that unstable, updosing, while not ideal, might be the option. Other than that, hold where you are. If you think you can hang in there, that is the best option. I hit these periods, and chose to hold for a bit, I did make a small updose at one point, but I was really unstable. Once I jumped, I just decided I was going to hang in there and wait it out. Things got much better after a month, and even better after two. But that first month I had symptoms I never had while tapering, and I lost count on my fingers how many times I contemplated going to the ER. Distracting myself as much as possible really helped. 

• Like 1

It doesn't go on forever but that's not a lot of help when you're in it, I know! I have heard of people taking clonidine or gabapentin to help them through this part. I didn't but the acute phase for me was physically severe but more mentally severe.

I've read a lot of posts and agree with benzolotte: Some people go into acute in the lower numbers and when they go off, go into post acute. Initially post acute isn't pretty but every day there's this slight improvement and they start to add up.

Awful as this sounds, your horrible wave may be presaging much better days ahead. I hope so! Hold on, you're getting there! You've done a great job, clearly! Better things are coming! :hug:

• Like 1

Thank you thank yiu thank you. I do appreciate y’all’s support. I feel on an island. I had taken on things last couple months bc I was somewhat functional and wonder if I also crashed myself with stress.

I might try propanalol or clonidine for the aka. I used to be able to drink boost or ensure early on whe I was tapered too quickly but my body only tolerates about 8-10 things the last 2yrs…. So another reason why I get nervou bc my vitamin levels aren’t good. But I have to keep trusting God to pull me thru and with the support of people here.💜🙏

• Like 1

Praying for you, Boges. Lots. Yes, God will get you through this patch.

I just replied to the thread above about being slammed with symptoms recently, since early July. I also use a compound of K. Wondering if something is amiss here. Worst I've been in months. Coincidence? 

• Like 1

@[Bo...] I do not have much to add, you have been given some good advice and support. I am so sorry that you are suffering, try to eat something, you need all of your strength. Try some relaxing breaths, YouTube has some really good ones to try. Just do the best you can, that is all anyone can do during the bad times. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 3:56 PM, [[H...] said:

Initially post acute isn't pretty but every day there's this slight improvement and they start to add up.

That's been my experience. Acute was rough, post-acute less rough. I'd look back each week, and notice symptoms abating somewhat, and things improving. Still there, just in a wave now, after having a lot of windows. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 4:39 PM, [[B...] said:

Thank you thank yiu thank you. I do appreciate y’all’s support. I feel on an island. I had taken on things last couple months bc I was somewhat functional and wonder if I also crashed myself with stress.

I might try propanalol or clonidine for the aka. I used to be able to drink boost or ensure early on whe I was tapered too quickly but my body only tolerates about 8-10 things the last 2yrs…. So another reason why I get nervou bc my vitamin levels aren’t good. But I have to keep trusting God to pull me thru and with the support of people here.💜🙏

Stress will do it. I was doing pretty good with post-acute, but after dealing with my sick cat, only to lose her, took a toll on me. I'm having a return of symptoms that had mostly subsided. 

I couldn't drink the Ensure in one sitting, I spread it out throughout the day, drinking small amounts at my meals. I could only tolerate a limited number of foods. plain chicken breast, plain fish fillet, white and sweet potatoes, most veggies, oatmeal every morning for breakfast with psyllium fiber added to keep things moving,  plain shrimp or scallops, dry cereal to snack on. Now I'm eating more, just gradually added stuff back in my diet. 

I never really dealt with aka, I just had periods of restlessness, usually in my legs. I'd get up and move around a bit, that usually helped. I've been leaning on God a lot since I jumped, it hasn't been a picnic.