Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Memory loss

[...]

I loss my memory after 2 months of withdrawal, I can't remember my work and colleagues. Is it normal post benzo symptoms or permanent brain cognitive impairment?

• Like 1

Hey. 

I wish I knew what it is but I've lost 95% of my memory. I barely remember how I look or how something is supposed to feel.. I forgot everything.

I know I know people and stuff but I have 0 memory of it. 

It's normal.. But it sucks, to say the least. 

My memory was terrible while on the drug and during recovery but it came back when I fully recovered, which takes too long by the way. :brickwall:

• Like 1

Befor Benzos I can take a diesel motor apart and put it back together. You could say with my eyes closed I could wire anything in a home. I lost that now that I’m 11 months off of benzos it’s coming back with a vengeance. I was able to fix my mower the other day. I hope this gives you hope we do heal. It does take time I feel I’m about 50 or 60% healed, looking forward to full recovery. Keep your chin up it gets better you’re not alone. We are here for support.

Edited by [Gr...]
Wording wrong

After 13 months off - I can finally knit and create other needle crafts. Also feeling about 70% healed. Stay strong and positive the best you can and keep sharing.

Also, I can remember former co-workers (I am retired). I still avoid friends because they do not understand withdrawal. Don't blame them - you don't understand, if you haven't suffered it. 

You hit the nail on the head, Graced333 nobody knows you can explain it no matter how hard you try people just don’t get it. They can see our suffering and the pain we went through and going through but they just don’t understand.