Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Short term user

[si...]

So glad you are past this.

Im also a short term user (6-7 weeks), it's my 28th day and struggling like hell.

How long it took you to recover? 

Hello siddhigal, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

From my experience here on the platform, I've witnessed many short time users recover in terms of weeks and months, instead of months and years those who have taken the drug long term have to endure.  I know its discouraging but you're very lucky you were on it for only a short time, your chances of full recovery are excellent.

Please make yourself at home and reach out to our other members, we're in this together.

Pamster

• 2 weeks later...

I was short term, but plenty of people here will tell you that just being a short term user doesn't make you any less susceptible to the struggle of quitting and withdrawal.

For me the first 30 days were the worst, and seemed to follow what everyone else said about the first 30 days. I was lucky enough to slowly feel better in the weeks that followed. There were good days and bad days and progress wasn't totally linear but it was progress, and I think overall it was easier that some of the people who were longer term.

Find ways to measure your progress from day 1 to day 30 to day 60 and so on. It helps to remind yourself of the progress you've made even on days where you feel like you're totally back to day 1.

Any particular symptoms you're struggling with?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I was short term, but plenty of people here will tell you that just being a short term user doesn't make you any less susceptible to the struggle of quitting and withdrawal.

For me the first 30 days were the worst, and seemed to follow what everyone else said about the first 30 days. I was lucky enough to slowly feel better in the weeks that followed. There were good days and bad days and progress wasn't totally linear but it was progress, and I think overall it was easier that some of the people who were longer term.

Find ways to measure your progress from day 1 to day 30 to day 60 and so on. It helps to remind yourself of the progress you've made even on days where you feel like you're totally back to day 1.

Any particular symptoms you're struggling with?

Hello  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

You are right short term users can suffer just the same as long termers.   Withdrawal recovery from benzodiazepines can be an horrific journey and It doesn’t seem to matter what dose or for how long,  and recovery time is longer than any of us hoped for.

It sounds like you are doing okay, I am so pleased if that’s the case. Thank you for your supportive posts to members. I hope you will share your story with us. I am really glad you joined today and looking forward to hearing more from you. 

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/44-success-stories/

Magrita:hug: