Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Diazepam - How long can I take tramadol?

[Ve...]

Hi,

I'm almost ready tapering down my Diazepam. Unfortunately I didn't respond very good to diazepam and suffer extreme muscle tension and nerve pain. 
Over the counter medication doesn't help, so I got prescribed a few pills of Paracetamol/Tramadol (37,5 mg, lowest dose) for the evening. 

I have been taking one pill in the evening for 7 days now. It really helps and I would rather not quit, but I don't want to create another addiction either with more pain. The dose I take is quite low, does anyone know how long can I take it without getting physical dependence?  

Thanks for your reactions! 

I just got out of rehab for a tramadol analog.  I wouldn’t take it more than a week.  Or take a break from it or only use it max 2 times per week.  

Obviously if you are in extreme pain make your own judgment.  But I went through 20 days of hell coming off that shit.  

• Like 1

Oké, thanks for your reply. It's difficult, I don't want the pain, but I don't want withdrawal symptoms from the tramadol either...

Tramadol has a nasty withdrawal because it works on serotonin too.  So it’s like coming off an anti-depressant and opiate.  Maybe only use as needed good luck

After a month of use, you develop hyperalgesia. Which means you're in pain because opiate receptors want tramadol. Not because there is any real pain. 

On 8/2/2023 at 1:05 AM, [[J...] said:

Tramadol has a nasty withdrawal because it works on serotonin too.  So it’s like coming off an anti-depressant and opiate.  Maybe only use as needed good luck

Great point, they can be nasty to get off of. Been hooked on Tramadol (Ultram) as well as other Opioids like Norco (Hydrocodone). The Ultram w/d was worse, more like a harsh, nervous fit. But everyone is different.

13 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Great point, they can be nasty to get off of. Been hooked on Tramadol (Ultram) as well as other Opioids like Norco (Hydrocodone). The Ultram w/d was worse, more like a harsh, nervous fit. But everyone is different.

Yeah the trams withdrawal is like a double wd.  I was on odsmt which is a metabolite of tramadol at a super high dose and I had to go to rehab to get off.  20 days of pure hell. But I would definitely take that over benzo withdrawal any day lol