Important Survey - Please Participate ×

In need of support/ generalized advice

[Lu...]

I’m just going to post, need solid opinions/ feedback Male age 23, I have a great job and a very loving family, nothing really driving me to use benzos other than for recreation 

Okay so pretty much for a little over a month I started taking some benzos for fun I usually have a month or so usually around summertime or Christmas where I’ll go through a little bit of a benzo phase for anywhere from a week to a month rarely go more than 3-4 doses a week i may occasionally take a half or full during the week to relax with some weed, but mainly take on weekends with alcohol if I’m chilling somewhere (not running around town or driving around beaned or anything) and I’ll usually take a half and possibly redose another half it really just depends. 

I started around 6 weeks ago I got 3 school busses and 2 k pins. Waited about a week and got 10 G3’s that were terrible I mean legitimately would barely feel anything off 2 or even 3. I then waited another few days and got 15 more as he was selling them for very low price. Fast forward to when those are gone my plug ends finding some GG249s I’ve been pretty responsible as I gotten 15 of these. I took about 7 and one night at home got a little carried away with the vodka and impulse took another 1 and was even feeling the effects the next day. I decided to stop completely (even tho I had 8 left) and went a full week with nothing but the first two days were hell. I ended up taking a half that weekend to go to sleep after a music show (was on molly). The next day (Sunday) I decided to have a chill day and took one. I didn’t take any all week and felt fine. I renduldged this last Friday and gave a couple to one of my buddies. I didn’t take one Saturday but took one last night (Sunday) and had 1 left but had the impulsive decision to buy 10 more today. I usually take them pretty responsibly but have just been feeling super guilty about all this and know it’s wrong. I have been through phases like this before but I was hoping to get some support on how to not feel so guilty and to just kick them entirely as I don’t feel like I’m in too deep but am starting to think the deep end is approaching quicker than I think.

Note it is important to include I also had Covid the week before I stopped cold turkey and had horrible withdraws for 3 days until they stopped not sure if that had anything to do with it. (Did not take any benzos with Covid and felt no withdrawals)

Hello @[Lu...]  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

A quick heads-up about our posting guidelines. Some of your phrasing above skirts some of our rules. No biggie - I am just making you aware of it. ;)

I am sure others will be along soon enough to comment. But just to point out (what you already appear to know), that benzodiazepine dependence (or addiction) can creep up on us and really quite quickly. They are also very dangerous when used in combination with other respiratory depressing medicines, drugs, or alcohol.

You are doing the right thing by trying to nip this in the bud now rather than later.

@[Lu...] this is how I got started on benzos, using them recreationally and getting them off the streets.  If I could go back in time, I wish I had never started.  It has wrecked years of my life.  I had no idea what benzos could do to a person.  It's shocking and unimaginable.  I hope you decide to quit now.