Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Could really use some help

[be...]

Hello my name is Allie. I could really use some help. I am nine weeks out today from over 10 year K use. I am struggling very badly with physical symptoms a loss of sensation over my body, muscle wasting bad! extreme fatigue and constantly I feel like I am crawling out of my skin my muscles feel like that and burning to my tongue feels weak shakes when I brush my teeth and weak to swallow. I am still on the fence about reinstating to maybe try to stabilize  and properly taper as I was on a six week rapid taper, which is basically a CT.  Don’t know how much longer I can hold on please anyone with similar symptoms that has had success with healing. I’d appreciate it so much. 

I quit cold turkey so I know how you're feeling but I would advise against reinstating unless you're at the end of your rope.  Tapering is painful for most here  and you run the risk of experiencing more intense symptoms if you do this again, there is a theory I happen to agree with called kindling. Kindling - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (benzoinfo.com)

You're still very early in recovery but the key word here is recovery.  If you reinstate, you'll have your taper in front of you and once off the drug, you will be back in recovery which can last as long or longer than a taper.  You're ahead of the game here and I know that doesn't feel like a positive at the moment but you're currently where so many other members are trying to get to.

I'm so very sorry for your pain but tell us what you're using for distraction, what tools you're using to help you through this.