Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Anyone tried water fasting to restart CNS and get relief from symptoms?

[wi...]

I've always heard about the benefits on health that fasting has on our bodies.  Has anyone ever tried or heard of anyone getting some relief from BIND symptoms dy doing a water only fast of 3-4days, or for that matter any type of fasting?  I have noticed that intermittent fasting has often provided a positive change in my well being at different times in my life.

I'm curious about the effect total abstinence from food for a few days, would have.  It will come down to me trying it out, I know, but I just wanted to see if anyone has done it through healing from benzos and how it turned out for them.

I know diet plays a huge part in recovery from BIND.  At the very least, a break from eating would mean a break from food triggered symptoms.

I know folks who have had great success with reducing/removing symptoms just by cutting out gluten.

• Like 1

I have done one water fast ( four days)and symptoms eased BUT it coincided with me starting to use CBD hemp oil. I cannot be sure if it was 100 percent the fast, the oil or that I'd just entered a window tbh. If it was the oil it stopped working after a week or two

Hey widesky if you do the water fast, give update if you don’t mind let me know how it works. maybe if I drink enough water I’ll drown them darn katydids out of my left ear. That’s been chirping chirping chirping for almost 11 months now. Lots of laughs.