Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

struggling

[ro...]

I'm struggling with the tiniest cuts.  I had them compounded klonopin and the pills ,capsules weigh all over the place .  I don't know what to do. HELP.

• Sad 1

When did you make switch over? What were you tapering with prior, the tablets? What’s your dose and how much are you decreasing at a time?

Hoping gathering a bit more info on your strategy we can maybe see if there is anything you can modify to help out how much you’re struggling. So sorry to hear this, it can be so hard at times and I’m so so sorry. 
hang in there, hoping once others see some more info on this they cns chime in.

Allwise k.  i just thought haveing compounded would be better less fillers but it has been worse. The pills are in a capsule and not one weighs the same so its been really hard.  My husband just passed away and i am alone so this is making it way worse.

I was taking Teva brand because accord is on recall but when they switched the Teva weigh different too and im so not knowing what to do .  I''s killing my stomach and the tremors are horrible.

Have heard the switch to Teva has been hard on some people. Hate that there are switches and manufacturing delays bc it can really increase symptoms for us. What’s your current dose? Taking same time every day? 

I was on accord too until last year and then went to compound liquid but pure Klonopin powder is used for my liquid instead of crushing pills. Was a tough changeover but I improved.

hoping your body can settle on this but if  not you could see if you do better on a liquid compound instead of the capsules? The pure Klonopin my pharmacist at pharmacy solutions in Arlington Texas (Nick) sources it directly from PCCA. Any PcCA member pharmacy should be able to source the pure powder and then he uses the Letco suspension vehicle and that’s worked well for myself and some others on K. I’ve attached picture of it incase you want to mention to your pharmacist. 

here is the PcCA website if you don’t have a PcCA pharmacist to srr if one is in your area. They are the top most reputable in the US if you wanted to maybe speak to one and get their thoughts on options.

https://www.pccarx.com/Resources/FindACompounder

tablets from accord someone said should be coming back at some point it’s just the when that’s the question. I hope you figure out what path is best for you. Your body might style out on the capsules here. Sometimes it can take a few weeks or so for the body to get used to the change.

I’m sure the awful stress and heartache from losing your husband makes this harder on your system and I’m so sorry. Try to give yourself extra love and grace bc this is hard enough having not lost a loved one. We are here for you.

hooe others will chime in. Hugs and keep reaching out! 

586B5089-E318-4A9A-B336-A1EC88014C72.png

I take them at night.  When I get up i',m in so much pain.  The DR I have is really cruel .  Havene't been able to eat for a while cause the pills up set ,well burns my stomach so much.  I got pills made from a compound pharmacy and they weigh all over and its really hard to taper them and they hurt my stomach as well. I feel like i'm in hell. Haven't been able to taper in a bit since they switched. I'ved asked him for the liquid to taper and that was 2 weeks ago.  I told him my problems and he said "your going to just have to suck it up". i'm already in hell i'm thinking of make a huge cut ,I dont know and with the loss of my husband a mt ago im grieving so bad.  

Robbin, I am so sorry for the loss of your Husband and going through wd, you have a double whammy. But please know that you will get support and help here at BB. Now is it going to be easy to get off, not for all of us, but many have done it and so will you. Try if you can not to make a big cut, allow your brain to heal, it takes time, more than we would like to admit. It is hard to have patience when one is feeling so badly, but do the best you can, that is all you can do. Also it is very easy for others say to suck it up...they are not walking in your shoes. I wish I could make things better for you and your loss, but our loved ones are forever in our hearts. 💖 Peace and Healing.