Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

At 2MG Valium. Should i take gabapentine.

[in...]

Hello,

I started tapering from 20mg valium last nov/dec and I am at 2 mg now from 2.25mg This taper has given me symptoms that I cant even describe. Lot of intrusive thoughts, panic attacks and restlessness. I have made special appt to talk to the doctor today since it's been 1 week and I am still experience withdrawals.  Thought to going to hospital and getting detox also comes in my mind. My doctor has given me gabapentin 100 mg 2x a day which i never took. Hydroxyzine 50 mg 3x a day that i took for some time. but since 1 week I can't function. I had to take a day off today from work also. I am on 25 mg paxil also which gave me loss of libido and 15 pounds weight gain. I am trying not to increase paxil. Not sure what to do. Please suggest. 

I know a guy that used to take gabapentin for anxiety and it worked pretty good for him ,  And the dose your doc gave you is a very low dose

Please help me understand, you started your taper in November/December from 20 mg Valium, correct?  Now you're at 2 mg down from 2.25, when did you make this last reduction?  And what do you mean about it being one week and still experiencing withdrawals, is this the first time you've felt symptoms since you started tapering?  

I feel it would be helpful to discuss your taper, perhaps making some adjustments might be needed.  

Detox isn't helpful for those taking benzodiazepines, they can get you off of the drug in record time but your symptoms will be brutal and most reinstate and do a slow taper. 

My last reduction was 18th of July 2023 from 2.25mg to 2mg. I have had symptoms at 7mg, 5mg and at 3.25 mg each time my Paxil was increased by 5 mg. But I lost libido now and have gained 15 pounds. I am trying not to increase Paxil this time. Am at 25mg.  I  started gabapentin 100mg 2x a day. Yesterday I took 100mg in morning and 100 at night and it was fine. Today I had to take 100 in morning and 100mg in afternoon. I get very very restless, anxious and burning skin with metallic taste in mouth. Also have tinnitus  I don't think I made a huge jump from 2.25mg to 2mg? Did I?