Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Has anyone had a setback from antibiotics?

[Ra...]

Hello all

I had to take antibiotics for a tick borne disease. It’s gone now but I had to take doxycycline. For some reason something has really brought a lot of  symptoms back that I’ve been over for a bit. I’m wondering if anyone has had a setback from antibiotics. If so how long did it last?

Ranch

Yes, setbacks from antibiotics are sadly not uncommon. 

I know a handful of people (myself included) who were setback by doxy. 

Duration is different for everyone, just know you will get through this, you are not back at square one. 

Oh yes! Doxycycline and Metronidazole both make me nuts! I can’t believe the impact they have on my anxiety and other symptoms.

Yes, me, too!   I have had to take the antibiotic, Ceftin, three times for stubborn UTI’s, and, in fact, am now in a wave after having taken it from July 4th to July 14th!  I always go back to my worst symptoms, headaches, head pressure and GI issues.  It is a waiting game, for sure, but gradually the windows will return.

GG

yes..  the two times i had to updose during the past 2 and half years, were both when i took antibiotics. its crazy how these pills effect our systems.  best of luck to you ~~ jill

Thank you to all of you. I hate to be here cause it’s insanity but hoping it goes back to better days. Thanks for the help and reassurance!!!