A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Ear ringing

[fl...]

I am 15 months post withdrawal from Klonopin. Doing pretty good after one year of withdrawal symptoms. My question has to do with ear ringing. Happening just yesterday out of the blue.  Day 2 now. Anyone else have this problem after withdrawing.  Thank you 

Yep. I had it really bad for two month. A high pitch sound. It slowly faded away. I sometimes put my head under the kitchen fan to mask it somewhat. It will pass. But i had my while tapering.

24 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

Depends on the severity of your symptoms whether you can work through a taper….  I wasn’t able to 

• Like 1

Yes. I've had tinnitus itself for years, but it's definitely worse during my taper. After a while I just tune it out, but when it's loud it's super annoying.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I live in the south, cicada country. I went outside once a little while back and they were making their noise. Now i hear them all the time. Like they are in my house. Or if I'm lucky, its just regular ringing, or sometimes whooshing. I don't know which is worse, but i must say that it has slowly (very slowly) gotten better.

1 minute ago, [[d...] said:

I live in the south, cicada country. I went outside once a little while back and they were making their noise. Now i hear them all the time. Like they are in my house. Or if I'm lucky, its just regular ringing, or sometimes whooshing. I don't know which is worse, but i must say that it has slowly (very slowly) gotten better.

Hello ddawg, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm happy to know you can recognize improvement, this process rarely allows us to see it.  Ear ringing and tinnitus are miserable symptoms that seem to linger far too long. 

We're glad you're here, feel free to start a thread of your own so we can get to know you and situation and hopefully help.

Pamster

• Like 1

Hi DD!

I have the wooshing sound type of tinnitus. I had it for a long time. Somtimes I have the regular pitch high freq but for a short period, 10 seconds or so. Does the wooshing type sound like thump noise or just like sweeping sand on the floor?

2 hours ago, [[d...] said:

On 7/27/2023 at 2:40 PM, [[d...] said:

Thank you I live in the south too and that’s exactly what it sounds like. Thanks for the hope

On 7/27/2023 at 8:40 PM, [[d...] said:

Yeah it fades away slowly. Strange fenomen. My right ear was louder then the left and some panning going on.

• Like 1

Oh yes the wonderful Tinnitus, if you read the many posts here at BB you will see that it is one of the gifts of benzo wd. I was used to Tinnitus before I started tapering, because I have Bil Meniere's disease, and it is one of its calling cards. It got much worse when I started tapering, I had to place a ticking small clock next to my ear to drown out the noise. But the good thing it did get better and it will leave, but it is pretty common. For me taking Ginger caps 2 per day, helped a lot, and it was not expensive, but it took time, of course I read about this on Dr. Google, but I know that most do not take supplements and I get that, it was the turning point for me....or maybe it had run its course post wd. I still have some lingering noise, esp if I am tired or stressed, but I can deal with it. Hang in there, try to distract and just accept that it will get better in time. Peace and Healing.

• Like 1

I thought my tinnitus was from remoron taper. I realized while reading these it is from benzo withdrawal it came with the major wave I am going through. I actually thought I was in the clear after 13 months the insomnia the anxiety and the ear ringing and new one nausea. I know it will pass its been going on for three weeks. Just have to ride it out I know things will get better.

• Like 1

I remember growing up in the summertime and my father telling me that when you hear the katydids chirping, do you know the first frost is only 90 days away. well, let me tell you it’s been frosting in my ears for two years during taper and almost 11 months since forced cold turkey. The little boogers never give up 24 / 7 talk about having close friends will the madness ever end what else can we expect? I’m just waiting to wake up one morning with my head sewn to the mattress. give me a break. wishing you all a successful recovery.

• Wow 1

Tinnitus is getting a bit worse as I taper down but Im hopeful that I will heal.  It appears cyclical and I have some days that it's gone.  That makes it hard to adjust to but oh well....  I can still function.  I prayyours goes away.

Alycat

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:58 PM, [[A...] said:

Tinnitus is getting a bit worse as I taper down but Im hopeful that I will heal.  It appears cyclical and I have some days that it's gone.  That makes it hard to adjust to but oh well....  I can still function.  I prayyours goes away.

Alycat

It’s the same for me, some days nothing and then it hits again. Thanks for your comments ❤️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Id like to see this thread continue.  I miss Tenacious Tinnitus thread.  How are folks doing with their ear ringing?  Ive been tapering for a year and a half and t has been a constant.  Has anyone found that Diet helps?

@[Al...] my tinnitus was pretty bad during my taper. Constant. Once my taper was over, though, it lessened appreciably. Now (6 years later) although it's not gone, it's tolerable. I really don't notice it unless my attention is drawn to it, like now. It may be with me forever. Oh well.  I never found anything that helped. Maybe others will chime with their experiences. 

• Love 1