Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Going backwards

Setbacks in recovery were relatively common, with 74% of respondents experiencing them.  5% has setbacks in month 10, you have to add the percentages for each month.

Hi all, Pattlu here.  My hubby Ron just met 21 weeks, just under 5 months.. still have a heck of a time also. Burning, nerve pain, benzo belly.  I will tell you though, even though its difficult for him to see, there have been positive changes.  He is sleeping 4-5 hours per night, doesn't have the awful itching of skin with rash - gone, the nerve pain in neck and low back is "not" all day long everyday, just some days, the benzo belly and gastro problems are less then they were at 2.5 - 3 months, the benzo brain "not" all the time... there is improvement.  Try not to think at 10 months etc... it will not last that long.  I saw big changes at 5.5 months and 6 months after getting off the Valium in 80's.... then everything just started leaving.  You will be fine... just hang on to every coping skill you have... you will be healed and it won't be 10 months +.  Always, Pattlu

Sounds like we are all in about the same place.  I have noticed burning in my stomach and benzo belly which I haven't had before.  I am sleeping a lot more than I was a month ago so that is an improvement.  My dizziness still remains my worst symptom and it's hard to get up in the morning.  It would be great if we all started feeling better at the same time.  I am hoping that day will be here soon.  Hang in there everyone.

Thanks Pattylu, You are always so encouraging. Arms, It sure does seem that we are on the same path.  Stay strong Mary!  I have also noticed something else.  Us K users seem to have more physical symptoms then the others.  Its a new day guys and 1 day closer to Victory.  Linder xo

I feel like I have been going backwards myself at 2 1/2 months off.  Of course some of this is brought on myself... tried to c/t Remeron a few days ago and had to reinstate because it made my withdrawal horrible!  Well, you live and learn.  No more playing around with my medicine until I get the Clonazepam withdrawal completely behind me.  My main symptoms right now are anxiety related.

Please get of the Benzo then the Remeron is very nasty stuff.  My first 2 1/2 months off were horrible to.  Take one drug at a time.  Linder

I've tried lots of things for the burning stomach and don't want to resort to PPIs and finally found something that worked.  One teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with "the Mother" in a couple ounces of juice before bed.  Sounds like it should do just the opposite, but totally works!

Love you all,

Mary

Vinegar is alkaline thats why it helps.  Be careful though, vinegar is so good for you it may put you into to much detox.  I tried to start it up again but was to much.  Waiting.  Linder

Hi Linder....I am just at a few days over 15 weeks off K.  It has been one heck of a journey. I still have w/d ax too. The worst being the burning in my mouth. It is constant. I also have awful ringing in my ears. And the brain fog...i thought it was getting better...and it is in the am. The afternoons and evenings seem to be worse. Still working and trying to manage as best as I can....no one knows what I am going through. I don't have any other support group besides BB.  I love BB and it has helped me so much!  Hang in there. We'll make it!

I've been feeling alone and afraid with the return of my sx's but it looks as though i'm in good company! I started to think that I should be past alot of this by now but it seems 4-5 months can be rough, it is for me. Glad you all are here!  Scott

Hi Linder,

I am currently taking xanax and cut to .25 today.  I am not finishing tapering and want to stop by and say "hi" to you and hopefully encourage you to hang in there.  I know you can do this...anyone that plays golf and can shoot - I think it was a 45? - can do this.  I used to play and shooting that score is not easy.  Takes time and patience....same with this I guess and do you keep busy? 

I find keeping busy and never having any time to really be helpful.  I work in the yard, walk, go out and should stay home and clean. :)

You have certainly accomplished a lot getting this far and I know you can get through this.

"When you're going through hell, keep on going".  Winston Churchill

Gail  "This too shall pass"

Thanks Gail.  You are doing the right thing by keeping as busy as you can.  Staying outside and walking.  Its the fresh air and sun I think are healing. 

You should of seen me golfing when I was on the stuff.  Bad. I mean really bad. I golf tomorrow and I can't wait.  I am finally looking foward to to playing.  I shot a 48 last Friday. :yippee 

You sound like your doing  well.  Keeping busy and acceptance are a big part of this Gail.  Linder xo

Do you appreciate how huge it is to be able to golf?  I am still looking forward to the day that my brain allows me to walk around the park without being weak and insane!  GOOD FOR YOU LINDER!  ENJOY!!!!

Love,

Mary

Oh yes I do Mary.  I thank God every day for Blessing me.  Its been 2 1/2 years of these horrible drugs for me.  Stay strong Mary,  you are closer than you think.  Linder xo

You hang in there Mary.  This is probably one of the worst Hells we will ever go through.  Each and every one of us here are making it.  It takes so long but every day we get behind us is a day we never have to go through again.  Stay positive and accept it for what it is.  Temporary!!!!!!  Linder xo

Sweet linder.. You hang on friend and dont u worry about any1 scareing you ..im over 1 yr now and was a mess true nightmare..Im almost healed with some sxs that i could live with..At 4.5.6 months i sware I went backwards i sware i got worse..Seems to be for some the normal process...Month 7 huge for me in turning a corner..You stay strong linder and know in your heart you will HEAL!!! :-)...Sending you love...Jenny

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [He...]
    • [Mh...]
    • [je...]
    • [An...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [ro...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Cu...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [je...]