Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Jaw misalignment

[b3...]

Hey dear Martha, :hug:

Will Invisalign(sp?) do the trick? I hope. Glad that you are getting it addressed even though they've got you going in circles.

Thanks for all of your support and for being here, dear.

Love and blessings,

Gracie~

:balloon:

Hey Friend,

I don't know what the Orthodontist will recommend and I don't know if Invisalign could help an open bite...I just don't know.  I thank G-d that I am so patient.  This run-a-round could really get to a girl.  (ok, it's getting to me.) 

Thanks Gracie.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [JJ...]

• [Pe...]

• [Ho...]

• [Gr...]

[b3...]
The Orthodontist is having me wear upper and lower retainers to stop the movement to the teeth.  I pick them up today.  He thinks the open bite is closing somewhat. 

My word, let's hope so Martha!  You have really been trough the wringer on this one haven't you.  My jaw is off from this w/d and I have been following this thread to see what they come up with to help you.  I truly hope this will be the end of this winding road for you.  Enough already, right???  Good luck M!!

[b3...]

My word, let's hope so Martha!  You have really been trough the wringer on this one haven't you.  My jaw is off from this w/d and I have been following this thread to see what they come up with to help you.  I truly hope this will be the end of this winding road for you.  Enough already, right???  Good luck M!!

Thanks, P.

Love and light,

M

• 5 weeks later...

Martha,

Good to see you in chat, I have horrible teeth and jaw pain, I as of yet, cannot understand if it is

coming from neck causing this, I have some neck issues,not related to benzo use, so I dont know.

I can tell you this Im going to start back to Chiro-doc,and see if it starts helping me. I have a sister much older than me, and she has the TMJ, and is going 2 times a week to a Chiro- doc, and she has told me, that he has really helped her TMJ.  I can close my mouth and open it but, am having real

bad teeth pain, and head pressure.  I am not aware if Im clenching at nite, or not. So, as of yet i havent found any relief at all.  But will get back with you if the chiro-doc helps me.

Sorry i havent been big help for you at the moment,

Will keep you informed if i find relief.

God Bless You Martha

Belle

[b3...]

Thanks so much for letting me know how you are doing, Belle.  Best of luck to you and let me know how the visit with the chiropractor goes.

Love and light,

M

[b3...]
I just got back from the orthodontist and was reading the horoscopes. "Taurus: The full moon in your sign is very likely to cause you to recall that everything eventually comes full circle." Yep, sure does...back in the ortho chair for another round of braces.  Was 15 the last time and now I'm back again.  Should be in full braces by the 31st of December for 18-21months...man, wild stuff.  At least it can be remedied. 

Wow, you trooper!

Really happy for you that you are getting this addressed, dear M~ Are they Invisalign or old school? Either way, I bet you will look cute, you Taurus woman coming full circle. My sis is Taurus too. :)

Thank you for your post on my blog this morning; it helped to make my day brighter.

I'll post on my blog tomorrow, and maybe we'll connect in chat in the next couple of days. I did have a good day of training today, it helped to distract, and now I'm wiped out.

Love and Light, sista-friend,

Gracie~

• 2 weeks later...
[b3...]

Wow, you trooper!

Really happy for you that you are getting this addressed, dear M~ Are they Invisalign or old school? Either way, I bet you will look cute, you Taurus woman coming full circle. My sis is Taurus too. :)

Thank you for your post on my blog this morning; it helped to make my day brighter.

I'll post on my blog tomorrow, and maybe we'll connect in chat in the next couple of days. I did have a good day of training today, it helped to distract, and now I'm wiped out.

Love and Light, sista-friend,

Gracie~

Hey you,

Old school for this old broad.  I'll have everything on by the end of the year...omg, I'm regressing into puberty. I'll go slam some doors and write angst ridden poetry while listening to the cure when I get them on...18-21 months to correct the bite. 

It's all due to the NTI bite guard.  I was hurting so badly that I blamed this issue on the benzo withdrawal.  It can be remedied, thank g-d.

Peace be with you,

M

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
[b3...]

I GET MY BRACES OFF NEXT MONTH!  It will be 1 year and 8 months with them on...omgoodness, what a ride.

Hey Martha and Perseverance,

How long did the mouth thing last for both of you?

Did it just go away one day...

It seems to be moving out of my brain as much and into my jaws....

I have had my teeth pop too...I thought I was hallucinating at first, but now I know it was real.

I have had the whole time, but it seems to be worse now...

Thanks for answering,

Causing

[b3...]

Wow, I wish I could say how long it lasted but I didn't keep notes on ANYTHING!  A year, maybe?  Too long...but it does pass.

Best to you.  I wish you well!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Martha and Perseverance,

How long did the mouth thing last for both of you?

Did it just go away one day...

It seems to be moving out of my brain as much and into my jaws....

I have had my teeth pop too...I thought I was hallucinating at first, but now I know it was real.

I have had the whole time, but it seems to be worse now...

Thanks for answering,

Causing

I had a few short periods where my jaw locking/popping left but it is still here.  The fact that it went away gives me confidence that it will eventually fade out completely.  I have had the tooth pop too, lol.  There was another member here on the protracted board who I was just talking to who also has the jaw stuff.  I think the cranial nerves are still over active and that is what is causing this.  The fact that this sx left me a few times tells me that it will eventually go away just like the other sxs- as this has been a pattern with many of my sxs.