Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everyone has a pet peeve, what's yours?

[...]

When the volume on the TV goes up sky high during a commercial ! That's one really bugs me!

+1

Makes me wanna pull my flat screen off the wall. :laugh:

Loud commercials = instant bad mood.

oscar, I read where the US Congress is considering a bill to put a stop to this irritating practice.  I think the entertainment lobby is so powerful, that it probably will not happen.  >:(

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [GH...]

• [ar...]

• [Wi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

People who block the isle in the grocery. They see you waiting to get around them and they ignore you, even after you say excuse me. Makes me want to ram their cart!

Omg, those last 2 totally! I hate those isle blockers!!

I came across another one that really tics me off and this happens all the time.

When at subway you are getting a sandwich made and you say "salt only" ... they proceed to pour pepper all over it. Hello! Were you not listening to me!!? Probably not, subway workers are robots that are so zoned into the same patterns and habits.

Another one would be fast food intercoms, when you go to order and you ask for whatever and immediately they say "combo?" ... before you can finish saying that you want it without onions and with cheese... so then you have to so no combo, but with no onions and cheese. They interrupt you before you can make your dam order. Ughhh!

When the volume on the TV goes up sky high during a commercial ! That's one really bugs me!

+1

Makes me wanna pull my flat screen off the wall. :laugh:

Loud commercials = instant bad mood.

oscar, I read where the US Congress is considering a bill to put a stop to this irritating practice.  I think the entertainment lobby is so powerful, that it probably will not happen.  >:(

I just hit mute... there are TVs available that automatically adjust commercials to not blare out... not sure but bet they are pretty steep on the pocket.

Oscar

People who block the isle in the grocery. They see you waiting to get around them and they ignore you, even after you say excuse me. Makes me want to ram their cart!

>>>Benzo rage alert!!!<<<

LOL, i get that too... also people blocking doorways and escalators... it´s like so NOT necessary.

Os

LOL, i get that too... also people blocking doorways and escalators... it´s like so NOT necessary.

Os

Costco, for me is the worst for this.  I especially hate people leaving a side isle to go into a main artery isle.  They just push into the maiin isle without bothering to look to see if there is anyone there.  So I decided that I would make up my own rule.  If I'm in an side isle I'll treat it as a stop sign and let others pass.  HOWEVER, if I'm in the main artery, I have the right of way.  So even if I see someone coming towards me from a side isle and I know if I don't stop they will colide with me, so be it.  It's ON! lol

Os

Costco, for me is the worst for this.  I especially hate people leaving a side isle to go into a main artery isle.  They just push into the maiin isle without bothering to look to see if there is anyone there.  So I decided that I would make up my own rule.  If I'm in an side isle I'll treat it as a stop sign and let others pass.  HOWEVER, if I'm in the main artery, I have the right of way.  So even if I see someone coming towards me from a side isle and I know if I don't stop they will colide with me, so be it.  It's ON! lol

They might have to put airbags on those carts.  :laugh:

Retailers who try to sell you an extended warranty.

An employee of a large store tried to sell me a two-year extended warranty on a $160.00 garage door opener, for $9.49 per month.

I just smiled at the clerk, and said; "No Thanks."  They are told to push the extended warranties because of the huge profit.  I was going to say; "do I have the word stupid tatooed on my forehead," but, why embarrass the poor clerk.  She knew it was a big a rip-off.

Retailers who try to sell you an extended warranty.

An employee of a large store tried to sell me a two-year extended warranty on a $160.00 garage door opener, for $9.49 per month.

I just smiled at the clerk, and said; "No Thanks."  They are told to push the extended warranties because of the huge profit.  I was going to say; "do I have the word stupid tatooed on my forehead," but, why embarrass the poor clerk.  She knew it was a big a rip-off.

Ah yes those extended warranties. Target tried to sell me one on a coffee maker. how lame is that?

People buy them because they are sold fear (ok maybe not for coffee makers) and it's basically free money for the company who sells them since 1.  Most people never need them 2.  The benefits are limited and 3.  They expire. 

I saw that last night, made me want to beef, errr barf!!!!

I wonder if grass fed beef is included, thats all I buy right now.

My cat (as sweet as she is) has managed the most annoying morning meow call. I don't even think it qualifies as a meow. It's like MOW!!!!

I saw that last night, made me want to beef, errr barf!!!!

I wonder if grass fed beef is included, thats all I buy right now.

It kinda  makes me want to become a vegetarian.  ???

My cat (as sweet as she is) has managed the most annoying morning meow call. I don't even think it qualifies as a meow. It's like MOW!!!!

That darn cat!  :)  She just wants some lovin' from her nice owner.

She doesn't though. She wants to go on the porch for all of five seconds. Be combed. And then get playtime (me dragging around a lifeless feather) which is where the most annoying meow sounds come in. I obviously am at fault since I raised her this way. But how did this become a MORNING ritual? I'm not even a cat person.

And yeah PJ, become a vegetarian!  Although I'm still sketched out about that orange juice report (don't know if you heard about that?)  I guess we should all know better then to trust anything not self-prepare.

Pink slime?????? I have not heard of this and I love beef! Eat at least one hamburger a week. And what's the orange juice thing? Is it the same as the apple juices that come from places other than the USA containing lots of arsenic?.....

back to the pink slime...``~~shudder~~`` ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Pink slime?????? I have not heard of this and I love beef! Eat at least one hamburger a week. And what's the orange juice thing? Is it the same as the apple juices that come from places other than the USA containing lots of arsenic?.....

back to the pink slime...``~~shudder~~`` ewwwwwwwwwwwww

hi teacher,

McDonald's does not have it in their hamburgers.  :)  The filler they are talking about only applies to ground beef. There has been quite an outcry from the public, so maybe the pink slime will just slither, and slide off into oblivion.

Pink Slime is only in ground beef, and there is no beef in McDonalds hamburgers, ground or otherwise.

Hi GHOSTSHIP,

I haven't been to a fast food place, or a regular type restaurant for a very long time.  I prepare all my meals at home.  This way I know what I am eating, and it really makes a difference in how I feel.

I was wondering; since you are a vegan, how do you get your protein? 

I never heard that one before. I eat food, that is the way I get my protein. Most foods contain protein. The vegans say that if you eat enough calories (not calorie deficient) then you will get enough protein. I just dont usually bother to answer that question. The meat industry has filled our heads with the idea  that we need all sorts of protein.

I see that you cook all your meals. So do I. Can you tell me home much protein you are getting?

I have known many vegans and vegetarians, and they dont even think about protein. There are many cliches that get into the minds of people. The protein thing is one of them.

Most people actually eat too much protein.

There is so much information about everything out there. A lot of it is conflicting based on who is paying for the research. Ever wonder why rich republicans dont believe in climate change?

I eat vegan because it is healthier. Many people have different reasons, mine is simple. My wife is a diabetic, so we decided to eat this way to help her health. Yes it has helped. If you listen to the medical profession, she is eating too many carbs. It is all such fun.