Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everyone has a pet peeve, what's yours?

[...]

Yes, I woke up with three brain cells firing!!! :yippee:

A silly pet peeve - still peevish.

The way my husband uses the singular possessive pronoun -

My house.

Do all men do this?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [GH...]

• [ar...]

• [Wi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Commercials that come on TV that you hate, yet they keep coming on. Thankfully there is a mute button.

People who are always crinkling wrappers in movie theaters when its a quiet scene and also when you are in a pretty empty theater and pick out a perfect spot only to find out later that a guy with a ginormous noggin sits right in front of you!!!

When you are in a crowded elevator and someone farts or pushes all the buttons. Both at the same time are the worst and unfortunately I have been in far too many where this happened. I think people who are claustrophobic get nervous and let one slip out or something. Bums me out. Elevators are the last place you want to be when someone drops a bomb

LOL!  I have probably been in the elevator with you, Frontsider!  :2funny: :2funny:  it was ME!!!!

Flip, i just KNEW that you were going to have a response to this. :laugh:

:2funny: :2funny:

I know PJ. I have had more than one person look around when I was in a elevator.  :laugh:

It would be hilarious if I was the one who caused Frontsider so much anguish and PTSD. Sorry Frontsider.  :-[

Haha Flip! I usually spot the person who did it. As soon as it hits my nostrils I have this spider sense for farts. O god, what a terrible 6th sense to have. But it is easy to tell. There are many poker face farters out there,  :laugh: It is usually the person with the red face, but that person with the red face may just be holding their breath. Other times its the person who is smiling or silently laughing. I know because my sister used to do it all the time. She loved seeing people in anguish, especially since her god awful gas smelled like the great depression. She would do it in an elevator that was packed like a can of sardines then when the doors close, silently let one meander out. I begged her not to do it so many times, but once it was out, it was game over and there she stood with this evil grin and smirk on her face knowing that what she was about to cause would be fatal to some. I recall one time where it was so bad that a lady started to faint because she was holding her breath or something like that. No one would ever expect her to be the one to do it since she was a girl and is extremely pretty. I would always be the one who got dirty looks.

Elevator farts. That might be my number one pet peeve after all.

Ha. You would. I doubt she would do that now though; she is no longer a pesky teenager. She has her inner image to uphold I suppose. It never caused too much trauma, most of the time it made me laugh seeing the expressions on other peoples faces once the death cloud swept over them. That look of immediate disgust that hits like a flash on someones face is always a priceless image. Its like one second there you are just staring along, spacing out into the void of the everyday and very bland elevator moment, when all of the sudden and out of the blue, you are hit in the face with that god awful sulfuric nastiness that permeates your nostrils. And in that flash instant you are literally thrown back and twitch with despair....Yeah, I laugh when I see that, haha. I will probably always laugh at that no matter how old I get. While we are on the lovely subject of farting. Sheesh. Listen to this, I remember listening to it in my youth. Til this day It still makes me laugh. It is an Adam Sandler skit he did with Kevin Neelon on one of his cds back in the 90s for a guy who wants to quit smoking and sees a hypnotist ...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqkaMhRVbfc

Ha. You would. I doubt she would do that now though; she is no longer a pesky teenager. She has her inner image to uphold I suppose. It never caused too much trauma, most of the time it made me laugh seeing the expressions on other peoples faces once the death cloud swept over them. That look of immediate disgust that hits like a flash on someones face is always a priceless image. Its like one second there you are just staring along, spacing out into the void of the everyday and very bland elevator moment, when all of the sudden and out of the blue, you are hit in the face with that god awful sulfuric nastiness that permeates your nostrils. And in that flash instant you are literally thrown back and twitch with despair....Yeah, I laugh when I see that, haha. I will probably always laugh at that no matter how old I get. While we are on the lovely subject of farting. Sheesh. Listen to this, I remember listening to it in my youth. Til this day It still makes me laugh. It is an Adam Sandler skit he did with Kevin Neelon on one of his cds back in the 90s for a guy who wants to quit smoking and sees a hypnotist ...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqkaMhRVbfc

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: This is just too funny!!!

OMG. I need new underwear!!! That is hilarious! Thank you, she says as she wipes tears.  :laugh:

Those laughs are the best. I live for them. I have never had to change my underwear though. Sis has, many times haha. Laughing is my high along with my tea and music. Do we have a blog for posting funny stuff. I am sure there is, saw something along the lines. We should do a funny vids blog...

Hey,  here's everyone! Hi! I seriously just got home barely with my life, people drive like crap, but I told like 4 people they had a brake light out. I can't wait to get home put this on the pet peeves,and  look who's,  some of my fave peeps. FS, ypu probably think I'm stalking you after I posted for first time on movie game, didn't recognize your fat cat self here, and now here you are with flip and laura ....chin wagging about farts. Lol

Post note: if there are more than 2 people in an elevator, I have to get off, so since I travel in such small elevator pavks I'm able to avoid the lives of Flip (who I dearly love orherwise) snd sister of frontsider.

Agreed on funny vid thread, I had same idea. Flip, did my swearing child offend. Lol. Like dora wirh a twist. Lol.

Thinking of more peeves, :)

S•♥•

No, Sarah, the swearing child was funny!

FS we have a Party Thread in Off topic.  Some days we have great fun there, like this!

Just made my husband listen to the fart video. He thinks I'm crazy!  :laugh:

Haha. Its an acquired taste flip  :laugh: I think I might start a funny vids thread.

Sarah, I dont mind. I actually like it. Would never think a fellow trap buddy was stalking me, we naturally stick together  ;)

Hey Kurt your sister farting remember me of myself. When I'm shopping groceries with Mr Laura I often say to him "lets move out from here I just farted". I always leave them behind to receive the nasty looks of the other shoppers.  :laugh: :laugh:

My mom and I had Turnips at lunch and I'm not kidding when I say we had the women's clothing section at JC Penny's to ourselves in just a few minutes.  We could locate each other over the tall racks by following the most recent "aroma"

My Mom is a champion farter. She walks across the room and with each step there is a pfhttt.  :2funny:

My mom and I had Turnips at lunch and I'm not kidding when I say we had the women's clothing section at JC Penny's to ourselves in just a few minutes.  We could locate each other over the tall racks by following the most recent "aroma"

My Mom is a champion farter. She walks across the room and with each step there is a pfhttt.  :2funny:

OK now I know this is genetic  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG. I need new underwear!!! That is hilarious! Thank you, she says as she wipes tears.  :laugh:

DITTO!!  I'm howling with laughter.  Pattylu

When the volume on the TV goes up sky high during a commercial ! That's one really bugs me!

+1

Makes me wanna pull my flat screen off the wall. :laugh:

Loud commercials = instant bad mood.