Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everyone has a pet peeve, what's yours?

[...]

Kim brought up a good point. It does suck that we all have to be exposed to the delusions of the "faithful" in our daily lives.

As forest ump says: "that's all I have to say about that"

I'm glad, discussions about religion often lead to heated arguments, and we do not want that.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [GH...]

• [ar...]

• [Wi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim brought up a good point. It does suck that we all have to be exposed to the delusions of the "faithful" in our daily lives.

As forest ump says: "that's all I have to say about that"

Amen lol

Good idea to leave that alone. I left several groups because they all wanted to convert me and it did no one any good. Isn't there a thread here dealing with spiritual issues and recovery?

I am not allowed to convert anyone. They have to want it. I am only allowed to be a witness. Telling my true stories of why I am not having anxiety or anything really speaks volumes.

That I'm not allowed to tell the truth of how I am really healing on this website to share with others what I have. As a born again Christian we are called to witness to everyone. On Facebook this is allowed which is why I spend more time there. It's very unfair to those who might want to hear the gospel that man says "NO"! I read about so many suffering yet they don't know the truth. I am not suffering for a reason and it's not because my amost 45 year old unhealthy body that has carried 7 children is healing itself well. After detox is when I was on my knees and shortly after the healing began. They kicked God out of every other place and say the name Jesus and many want to attack you! I know this site provides a section for religion but Jesus is not found in a religion and how many actually go to that section. My pet peeve is we should be able to speak up and let those who don't know hear if they want to and those who don't want to hear or don't believe, just simply ignore it like you would anything else!

I admire your faith and your beliefs.  I think the reason the staff wants us to only post on the religion forum is because there are so many different religions and cultures at BenzoBuddies .

Many celebrate and honor their faith in different ways then you and i might.

Thank you, PJ

Let us not get off topic here.

Billy.

To get us back on track here:

Noise from the roof.

People who don't use turn signals.

People who don't return a well-intentioned smile.

People who are mean to cats (or dogs, or lizards -- but I am first and foremost a cat person).

pet peeve...people who try to force others to conform to their beliefs so much so that they get drummed off another site then come to this one and try to start the same thing. Dont you just hate that???

pet peeve...people who try to force others to conform to their beliefs so much so that they get drummed off another site then come to this one and try to start the same thing. Dont you just hate that???

Hi Ghostship, this issue looks like it's understood and has resolved itself. Lets try to move on from here respectfully rather than continue.

Thank you 

I am not allowed to convert anyone. They have to want it. I am only allowed to be a witness. Telling my true stories of why I am not having anxiety or anything really speaks volumes.

Hi miss kim, you're welcome to discuss your recovery success in the fashion you wish in the Faith and Philosophy board, lets let pj's thread go back to its purpose. 

Thank you

Starbird, I have been to that section and posted. There are very few that go there and so many are suffering. I hope more will take a look at that section.

Ghostship, I am not kicked off Facebook or being ignored and we don't push religion off on each other. We are all grown up enough to know that we are all unique in our own way. Even the teenagers on my list are wonderful kids with good attitudes and even support me and I feel fortunate enough to be able to let them see what drugs can do to a person. I have even had the opportunity to stop a friend before she accepted Klonopin from a doctor. I sent her here to read some stories. I am sure behind your tough acting exterior is a very kind and loving person. I am sorry you are stuck on these miserable drugs too. Hope life gets better for you. So now as Starbird said, lets stick to the topic. Have a great day!

Thank you MissKim. I have been off for over a year. It has been a long haul for me as it has been for many people. The support here has been great. I wish you success in your "recovery" also.

What great people we have at BenzoBuddies.  We are able to resolve our differences in a peaceful, and kind manner.

People who do not pick up after their pets, really bug me!  It's called being accountable, and taking responsibility, folks! :tickedoff:

What great people we have at BenzoBuddies.  We are able to resolve our differences in a peaceful, and kind manner.

People who do not pick up after their pets, really bug me!  It's called being accountable, and taking responsibility, folks! :tickedoff:

Especially in the winter. They leave it in the snow...then when we get the spring thaw....ewww.

But what my biggest pet peeve is,  that hard plastic they package everything in these days. It's impossible to get into. I use scissors but they're not strong enough. Then comes out the exacto knife, it's not strong enough. Then comes the swearing and the throwing of things across the room. What's the deal with that??  :tickedoff:

Now I feel better.  ;D

Ok back to this religious proselytizing thing....Just kidding  >:D

Excessivly long fingernails clacking on a keyboard in a nearby cubicle.

:laugh:

Kids who wear their pants down to their thighs...and call it fashion.  ???

Ok back to this religious proselytizing thing....Just kidding  >:D

Excessivly long fingernails clacking on a keyboard in a nearby cubicle.

:laugh:

Kids who wear their pants down to their thighs...and call it fashion.  ???

And say to themselves: " Gee, i can't even get a job after school flippin' burgers, no one will hire me.  I don't understand why!"

ok, but what about all the piercing? Some people have them in their lips, top of the nose, all over.

Even my pharmacist has a bunch. She looks like a pin cushion.

I guess it is a generational thing.

ok, but what about all the piercing? Some people have them in their lips, top of the nose, all over.

Even my pharmacist has a bunch. She looks like a pin cushion.

I guess it is a generational thing.

Hey now lets not pick on people with piercings! I had 13 in my face and tongue at one time, and yes, I also looked like a pin cushion , now my face just looks like swiss cheese  :laugh:

My father made pottery as his career. One of the things he would do to make pots, was spinning a lump of clay on a potter's wheel, and then cutting off excess clay by wrapping holding a piece of fish twine between his hands, and pulling it through the clay which would create a flat and even surface.

The sound of the twine cutting through the clay always sent shivers up my back. I have no idea why; I have happy memories of spending time in his workshop while he was making pots, and we have always had and continue to have a warm and close relationship. That sound, though -- it drove me bonkers!

My father made pottery as his career. One of the things he would do to make pots, was spinning a lump of clay on a potter's wheel, and then cutting off excess clay by wrapping holding a piece of fish twine between his hands, and pulling it through the clay which would create a flat and even surface.

The sound of the twine cutting through the clay always sent shivers up my back. I have no idea why; I have happy memories of spending time in his workshop while he was making pots, and we have always had and continue to have a warm and close relationship. That sound, though -- it drove me bonkers!

That is real interesting. Cool dad. Does he sell his pottery localy?