Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everyone has a pet peeve, what's yours?

[...]

People who walk their dogs when the air temperature is in the 90's and the surface of the blacktop that poor dog is walking on is probably well over 110 degrees. If they had to walk barefoot on that blacktop, maybe they would understand.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [GH...]

• [ar...]

• [Wi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Excessive TV commercials, especially for for 'E.D.'

Telemarketers (Which reminds me, I have to renew our numbers on the National 'Do Not Call' list!)

Over zealous sales people

I was going to say these damn Lyrica/fibromyalgia and other drug commercials.

Double parking

People who do not say hello back when they are walking alone.

People who do not put their carts in the holding rack at grocery stores.

Teachers who just show up for the paychecks.

Rap music (most).

The internet (except benzobuddies & research on benzos and ADs).

Our government the last 11 years.

Nails on a chalkboard.

Ear flicking (especially in cold weather).

People who do not throw garbage in the can when it is very close to them.

People who do not say thanks when you hold the door for them.

Having too many pet peeves. (LOL)  ;>)

Trying to figure out the different names they keep changing on food products to keep us trying to avoid chemicals to buy their products anyways. Sneaky bast***s have no morals and the FDA is a joke!

People who leave babies, children, handicapped/elderly people, or animals in a hot vehicle or in a freezing cold one to go into a store.

Parents who tell me they are So Glad school has started and who are angry when there is early release or holidays. That's sad!!!

The butterflies flitting peacefully, the harmonious calming music, the soothing voice telling about the newest drug....lunesta, lyrica, abilify....

so deceiving >:(

...and more

Honeym - I would agree totally, about not being jealous- as one doesn't usually get to see the whole picture of peoples lives.  I really noticed this when we were traveling around the country for 5 months earlier this year & got talking to quite a lot of strangers along the way. One couple I remember in particular - the husband seemed a very confident guy- a dive instructor & lawyer. However his wife stopped by our site on the way to the beach,  & mentioned that her hubby was on a permanent morphine pump for his spine after an accident (falling off a military vehicle), left him almost paralysed  :o & he was then trained as a lawyer by the military( now helps veterans with disabilities.)

Websites, who in their sophmoric rantings, think it is funny to ridicule and belittle people who belong to a thriving and highly respected forum such as BenzoBuddies.

People, actually adults, who stare, as if looking at a monster, at disabled, learning challenged, mentally challenged individuals. My sister hates for me to go anywhere with them--esp. grocery, cafeterias, etc...because one time, or maybe more ::) I began to stare & glare at some people who stopped to look at my loved one. I yelled, "what are you lookin' at!?!" and starting walking menacingly over to them. They departed rather quickly. Someone then dared to ask me what was wrong with my loved one? I replied, "what's wrong with you?" &$*%(^*&%&$^#*%.....HUGE PET PEEVE.

• 3 weeks later...
People driving with a cell phone up to their ear talking or texting while driving.  People talking on a cell phone in a restaurant! Really ticks me off!  Pattylu

people with caravans that drive on the left lane and my alcoholic neighbour that always has crazy excuses why he needs a bottle of wine. last time he said he was making a "coq au vin". it was 10:30 pm and he was alone. I told him i didnt have any wine one time and he asked if could check again and if he could come in. felt really uncomfortable. One of my kids called for me and I told him I had to go and just closed the door. That doesnt stop him from coming back though.

Bra Straps ???/

What the hell is up with bra straps. All these women showing their bra straps. I thought that bras were underwear. We have so many people complaining about the young guys showing their underwear.

all ages too!!

Bra Straps ???/

What the hell is up with bra straps. All these women showing their bra straps. I thought that bras were underwear. We have so many people complaining about the young guys showing their underwear.

all ages too!!

That's hilarious Gship. I remember the days when I would pin my bra strap to whatever I was wearing to keep it from slipping.

People who ride your bumper with their lights on bright in the early morning hours. :tickedoff: Cannot see to the left or the right because of those darn lights glaring. Rude, thoughtless drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I deviated  from my preferred method of online shopping and did some Christmas shopping earlier today at the mall.  I really got peeved when i noticed so many shoppers  being so rude to the clerks and the cashiers.  All i can say is "spend a day in their shoes", rude shoppers. :o:D

The rest of my shopping i will certainly do online.  Free shipping, no sales tax, and no being jostled by a large herd of over-zealous and stampeding Christmas shoppers. 

Baa, Humbug.............just kidding, i love Christmas time.  :)

• 2 months later...

Getting the oil changed in my car, and discovering when i got back home, that half of the oil had leaked out!!! :tickedoff:

Gotta add oil to the engine, and go back to the place where i had it changed so the can remedy their mistake. 

Getting the oil changed in my car, and discovering when i got back home, that half of the oil had leaked out!!! :tickedoff:

Gotta add oil to the engine, and go back to the place where i had it changed so the can remedy their mistake.

Or getting your oil changed and explicity asking to have the other fluids topped off which is part of their service anyway, and then the next day, during a raging snow storm, discovering the windshield wiper fluid tank is empty.

The guy in the cubicle next to me clipping his nails first thing in the morning EVERY day.

Who is he, Wolverine??? What person needs to clip their nails everyday? LOL

The guy in the cubicle next to me clipping his nails first thing in the morning EVERY day.

Who is he, Wolverine??? What person needs to clip their nails everyday? LOL

HA!  What an excellent question to ask!! And i have NO idea lol