Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everyone has a pet peeve, what's yours?

[...]

People who pronounce sherbet like "sure bert".  It is "sure bet"  :D

Thanks, Crono.......I learned something new, I always thought it was sherbert. ???

Going through the drive thru, then having to go back when they screw your order up.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [GH...]

• [ar...]

• [Wi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't a pet peeve anymore then pj  ::)  Actually it can be pronounced as "sure bit" too.  Everyone around me is always in disbelief when I tell them, until they look it up.

You aren't a pet peeve anymore then pj  ::)  Actually it can be pronounced as "sure bit" too.  Everyone around me is always in disbelief when I tell them, until they look it up.

Crono, they should serve "surebet" at the racetrack....I bet it would be a big winner  ;)

Celebrities claiming to be environmentalists.......who live in a 10,000 sq, ft. house with 3 a/c units 8)

I don't get angry at them.  But I have learned to recognize it.  I wonder if they do.

Pj, you must be thinking of Al Gore  :laugh:

JJ, I know many people like that.  I feel more sorry for them than angry though..

You are very perceptive Crono. He's the man with the large carbon footprint, that's for sure.. :D

People who park horribly in parking lots - sideways, almost over the lines (like right on them).  I just had a run in with a woman today at the grocery store - I just made a comment about how she was sideways and on the line and she was so rude to me, saying she wasn't over the line and I had no right to make a comment.  Then I apologized her that I made the comment (though I wasn't sorry) and she wouldn't even look at me, "uh, huh, thank you" and put her hand up in front of my face!  Then I got mad....

I was so weak and in so much pain sometimes it's all about finding the closest space for me when I feel like I can't take another step. Anyway, I should have left it alone but I got one a zinger in  :-[

I think it boils down to intention.  I am a horrible driver and a horrible parker.  I don't know how many times I got out of my car only to repark.  In my defense, I usually park very far away so it doesn't matter.

[a2...]

I'm a girl, and I'm tall....really tall.  6'3 to be exact. 

Yeah, I get it, it's tall, but guess what people?  I know I'm tall! You don't have to stare at me, or point it out to me when I'm out shopping.  The comments that you make to me, that you think are witty and original, make you look like an ass, and make me want to slap you!

Does society make comments to people who are really short, really ugly, or really fat? NO!  So, please leave me alone.  It's hard enough to go in public and always be stared at - so please keep your comments to yourselves. 

and NO! I DO NOT PLAY BASKETBALL! 

ugh! neanderthals.

Yeah, I get it, it's tall, but guess what people?  I know I'm tall! You don't have to stare at me, or point it out to me when I'm out shopping.  The comments that you make to me, that you think are witty and original, make you look like an ass, and make me want to slap you!

Does society make comments to people who are really short, really ugly, or really fat? NO!  So, please leave me alone.  It's hard enough to go in public and always be stared at - so please keep your comments to yourselves. 

ugh! neanderthals.

Fieldychan,

A very good friend of mine is 3ft.6in.tall. He drives a full-size suv, owns his own business, is married, has two average size kids, and is very successful at whatever he does. I can understand little kids staring at him, but grown adults who stare and snicker, is nothing but pure stupidity and ignorance on their part. None of them can hold a candle to my good friend, George.

ugh! neanderthals.

I'm a new member so I've been browsing through some of the posts and I almost spit out my coffee onto the computer screen! 

I feel that way since I've gained so much weight from the benzos/ad's.  Like when people say, 'wow, you've gained alot of weight, haven't you'? I usually say, 'um, no not really'.  YES I KNOW I'M FAT!!!

I want to say something nasty to shut them up but I just say it's from good living.  But yeah, the nerve of some people.  Like we don't know what we look like.  Thanks for the laugh!

ugh! neanderthals.

hahahahaha I know what you mean Fieldychan - I had alopecia areata for a short period in my life, I had a big bald spot in on the front top of my head. I always would have people pointing, laughing, and staring. I would get fed up with all the fuss about my bald spot. this would make me 'loco'. I remember one time getting drunk and drawing a smiley on it and telling everyone that asked that I had been shaving off that part of hair for years and that I wanted to tattoo a smiley on it but that I was scared of needles, so instead I would spend money on waterproof pens and would apply the smiley every few days.  anyways  ......

LOCOCOCO

People who you "give an inch to & they take a mile"- :tickedoff: eg. our tenant who is taking us to court on Monday.  He won't stop us selling but he might as well see what more he can get in this ''kangaroo court" :crazy: tribunal ( after we had already negotiated with him), & forcing us to make another expensive trip up to Sydney, put the dog in kennels etc.

Doctors who prescribe benzos and a/d's and then prescribe more drugs when you complain about side effects and then c/t you to suffer hell while they get paid big bucks.

People who chew with their mouth open and smack their lips while eating; any eating noises, really.

People who don't clean up after their dogs.

People who spit in public. Don't you realize how gross it is, and just plain disgusting. Some countries put you in jail for spitting in a public place.

people who lie,  all the time . And think you dont realize it.

Boy thats a toss up between accountability and the insult of your intelligence..,,will pick the latter

People who turn out to be very untrustworthy, despite bleating loudly with an opportunistic grievance ( & then ignore court orders astonishingly, as they so over confident), so that our life veers off dizzily on unexpected tangents.

I have a new one:  People who don't turn on their car headlights while driving in heavy rain.  It's very dangerous not to.

Seems to happen quite often where I live.   ::)

I have a new one:  People who don't turn on their car headlights while driving in heavy rain.  It's very dangerous not to.

Seems to happen quite often where I live.   ::)

This is a big one for me as well  ;)

Well jj nerd, it is just that some tenants of ours are ignoring ::)  tribunal orders that allow access to our house in order to prepare it for sale. The tenants had agreed to allow us access with 48 hours notice.  However they are refusing as negotiated ,(showing they are untrustworthy), entry for painting etc for a month until one of them- a pom ( they are a bunch of middle aged gay guys), leaves for Sth Africa on a vacation. Thus they will delay the sale probably till next year with the Xmas break coming up & causing  related expenses.

Also we had done very expensice repairs due to some termite damage & had reduced their rent accordingly, as they had  requested & they seemed happy with this, until we told them we were going to sell, when they went bleating loudly to the( CTTT) tribunal about the disturbance caused by the repairs. At the tribunal they  were granted thousands in compensation & MORE rent reduction in exchange for allowing us to prepare the house for the sale . However now guess the matter will go back to the tribunal for noncompliance of orders, orders towards which the tenants seem to take a flippant attitude.  My daughter who has an honours degree in law looked at the orders and thinks it is all very strange, as they seem clear. However it has got to a sort of personal vendetta now against us  >:(&  obviously stops us going to the house ( dizzily i.e can't focus too well as I am a worrier &  off on other tangent stuck here worrying wondering what will happen i.e can't pursue our goals) to bring the place up to a pristine condition. Also somewhat frightened that if thwarted the guys will destroy the house in revenge.( had problems same house before with bad tenant :tickedoff: who caused thousands of dollars worth of damage,( another story.)