Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everyone has a pet peeve, what's yours?

[...]

It really grates when someone calls my husband "mate", & they call me " love" or "luv," ::) , when just meeting them in the course of the day & I don't know them well -seems to happen a lot lately, usually meant in a benign way, I think.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [GH...]

• [ar...]

• [Wi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

After paying an arm and a leg to get my car repaired and finding a large,  greasy footprint on the carpet.

Construction guys working on your house and they pee in your yard.

Yes, this happened to me just this week.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/handyemo2.gif

I agree with so many peeves posted, it's hard to select one!

1) People who talk on their cell phones about private issues OR - worse yet - are cursing out the person on the phone.  I'm not a prude by any means but my kids are usually standing there and I DO make an effort to control the lousy language that they hear. 

2) I'm 5'10" tall and weigh plenty.  I find it fascinating when folks butt in front of me in line, and when I politely mention it, say "oh, I didn't see you."  How can you not see me? I'm HUGE.

3) I really dislike people who give a clerk a really hard time at the check out because "the customer is always right."  That clerk usually has no power to fix what is wrong... yet that poor soul has to take your crap.  Also, there are folks behind you in line...why not politely just ask to see a manager and step out of line to discuss it (again, politely) rather than hold us all up?  People have a massively exaggerated sense of importance lately.....

4) Parents that ignore kids that are loudly yelling, "Mommy!" repeatedly.  Answer your kid, even if it's to tell them to be quiet.

Wow.  That's therapeutic!  Thanks.  ;)

[1e...]

Graffiti   :tickedoff:

LOL Star, seriously?

When I lived in NYC.. I seen some very beautiful Graffiti on buildings.

Queens is full of it.

I'm guilty  :'(

If you're talking about the ugly Graffiti, like "Class of '92" for example.. then yes that's not pretty to look at.

But there are some amazing forms of graffiti.

Graffiti   :tickedoff:

LOL Star, seriously?

Queens is full of it.

I'm guilty  :'(

If you're talking about the ugly Graffiti, like "Class of '92" for example.. then yes that's not pretty to look at.

Yes, I'm talking about the marking of a moniker, not like the 'murals' and such.

[1e...]

Graffiti   :tickedoff:

LOL Star, seriously?

Queens is full of it.

I'm guilty  :'(

Yes, I'm talking about the marking of a moniker, not like the 'murals' and such.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z312/zachcooper/graffiti-40.jpg

I see. Yes in the Queens. Some friends and I use to do graffiti all the time.

The cops said not a word, but they knew we'd do a good job :)

I know what you're talking about. Yes that kind of graffiti is not nice to look at.

It gives youth and other peeps of the hood something to do, plus it's fun.

I see no harm in it. Besides.. the old buildings just crumble there.

S#

Driving one hour EACH WAY to the grocery store, then arriving home to discover they forgot to give me one of my bags.http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/Food%20Smileys/0n8n0vzo03tretav1zz9.gif

Parking lots with only one entrance/exit and the spaces are all diagonal so they can squeeze every car in and the only way to get out is to back up, while other people are trying to come in!

Had to deal with that today so it's fresh on my mind...

People who write in one long block, that do not use paragraphs.

It hurts my head to read that.

Why not use spaces?

All you have to do is press one key!!! is that too hard ?

It hurts my head even more in French because in most cases you need more words to say the same thing you would say in English.

More words in one long block = more headache!

To be fair, I understand that if one is battling withdrawal symptoms and they are having a bad day they may not have the energy or patience to insert spaces, punctuation or good grammar.

( I think we use more punctuation in French... wich explains the way I write...)

• 3 weeks later...
When in a waiting room at a dr.'s office, or some other office. Watching someone reading a magazine and LICKING THEIR FINGERS to wet the page before they turn it...uuuugh.  Then they put that spit covered magazine back and get another one and repeat. I CANNOT STAND that!

Yeah, that one would bother me too, Mark.

Another one of my peeves also concerns the doctor's office.

All the little kids chewing on, and sharing the dirty, germ infested toys, that have no place in the doctor's office. Talk about kid's leaving there, more sick than when they arrived!

Contruction on busy 2 lane routes at the height of rush hour traffic with Police Officers chatting away and barely paying attention to how far the traffic is backing up.

• 1 month later...

I had to resurrect this thread so I could vent a little. I mentioned this peeve awhile ago, but I was channel surfing the other night, and this show pops up, Tiaras and Toddlers, It was a Beauty Pageant, for little girls.

These little girls, 3 years to 7 or so, are dressed up, way inapropriate for their age, and the make-up, is disgusting. I wish I could talk to these Mothers, not that it would do any good. I just wonder if they have any clue as to what they are doing to their child's mindset and their self-esteem. There is a heck of alot more to life than looking pretty. When these little girls lost, what's the first thing they did? Cry, and wonder why they were not pretty enough to win. Little girls do not belong in Beauty Pageants. There are so many more meaningful things to teach them, and to be involved with.  

Dirty floors! If the floors are dirty, it can make the whole house look dirty.

Liars! I cannot tolerate lies. This includes when a nurse tells me a doctor will call me back and they don't. I expect a prompt call back when I am promised and don't like to wait more than 3 hours max.

Dirty vehicle! I like my Chevy ex cab Z71, 4 wheel drive pickup truck nice and clean and shiny looking.

Bad odors no matter what it's from.