Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Everyone has a pet peeve, what's yours?

[...]

A discussion between two doctors in a Woody Allen movie, Sleeper, in the early 70's sums up my perspective of good vs bad, right vs wrong foods:

Dr. Melik: Well, he's fully recovered, except for a few minor kinks.

Dr. Agon: Has he asked for anything special?

Dr. Melik: Yes, this morning for breakfast. He requested something called wheat germ, organic honey and tiger's milk.

Dr. Agon: [ laughs ] Oh, yes. Those were the charmed substances...That some years ago were felt to contain life-preserving properties.

Dr. Melik: You mean there was no deep fat? No steak or cream pies? Or hot fudge?

Dr. Agon: Those were thought to be unhealthy, precisely the opposite of what we now know to be true.

Dr. Melik: Incredible.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [GH...]

• [ar...]

• [Wi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

A discussion between two doctors in a Woody Allen movie, Sleeper, in the early 70's sums up my perspective of good vs bad, right vs wrong foods:

Dr. Melik: Well, he's fully recovered, except for a few minor kinks.

Dr. Agon: Has he asked for anything special?

Dr. Melik: Yes, this morning for breakfast. He requested something called wheat germ, organic honey and tiger's milk.

Dr. Agon: [ laughs ] Oh, yes. Those were the charmed substances...That some years ago were felt to contain life-preserving properties.

Dr. Melik: You mean there was no deep fat? No steak or cream pies? Or hot fudge?

Dr. Agon: Those were thought to be unhealthy, precisely the opposite of what we now know to be true.

Dr. Melik: Incredible.

Absolutely.  What was good for you, is now bad for you, what was bad for you, is now good for you.  I quess the secret is to eat some of the bad, and to eat some of the good, then you will be  right, half the time.

GHOSTSHIP, I get my protein from lean chicken, nuts, and broccoli. I don't really keep count of how many grams.

The only thing I know for sure is if you eat too many twinkies, which have a shelf life of 50 years (?) because of the  preservatives they contain, when the time comes, you won't have to be embalmed as you already will be  ;)

Exactly!!!! My point. We pays our money and we takes our chances!!

No better group then us benzo buddies. We been there.

Everyone can make a choice and back it up with research. I like green, here is the research, see it is the best!!

I like red, here is the the research, it is the best!!!

Life, what a trip. I dont mind playing the game of life. I just wish we got to find out the right answers in the end.

I saw sleeper when it came out. What a funny movie, a real classic!!!!!!

good eating,

I have known many vegans and vegetarians, and they dont even think about protein. There are many cliches that get into the minds of people. The protein thing is one of them.

I was vegetarian for 3 years and worried about getting protein. Ate lots of tofu. My health was better off meat, but that's just me.

I am a rich republican and I believe in global warming :)

The only thing I know for sure is if you eat too many twinkies, which have a shelf life of 50 years (?) because of the  preservatives they contain, when the time comes, you won't have to be embalmed as you already will be  ;)

WWWI,

James Dewar, the inventor of the Twinkie, ate one or two a day, and lived to be eighty. ;)

WWWI,

James Dewar, the inventor of the Twinkie, ate one or two a day, and lived to be eighty. ;)

I cannot tell a lie, I did google your tidbit and found it to be true, except apparently he lived to 88!  Thank you for, at least regarding this instance, showing me the error of my ways :)

WWWI,

I cannot tell a lie, I did google your tidbit and found it to be true, except apparently he lived to 88!  Thank you for, at least regarding this instance, showing me the error of my ways :)

88!!  :yippee:  I am having Twinkies for lunch today, tomorrow, and everyday.  I want to surpass the Twinkie man in the longevity dept.  ;D

That is right PJ. SO why did you go back to eating meat? The meat industry has brain washed us into thinking that we need so much protein. There is no one lobbying for broccoli, kale, or other veggies. What do you think would be the case. I have known vegetarians that also worried about protein. The average person does not  think of such things, even if the eat very little meat. Vegetarians tend to be health conscious, so they think about nutrition.

I cant tell if i am healthier yet. I still need to heal from benzos. My wife is healthier.

The other day a friend of mine was wondering if the reason people seem to be aging more slowly is due to the preservatives in food. At first I was like no.. definitely not. I think it's just better fitting jeans. But I've been thinking about it and you know.. maybe.

And I'm really annoyed that Target put a grocery store in. For one thing..gross. And for another thing... I can't find ANYTHING ANYMORE. 

WWWI,

I don't know if you know of my twinkie reputation, but I would like to give you a big thank you! and Long live the twinkie!!!

Love forever and ever!

Sarah~

My latest peeve is that Safeway prints your name on your receipt so I feel compelled to shred it. I don't want my name on it!!

that and they overcharged me for 4 items and it took 30 extra minutes to get out of the store as I had to take them around to show them everything that was overpriced. Get this, the tags announcing the discount were 3 days old (smal date in bottom corner, the snotty mgr pointed out) and super smart Sarah says, "so youve' been overcharging people for 3 DAYS!!!! In addition, she said my complaint didn't affect her as she is not in charge of the tags....WTH?

Needless to say, I would rather starve then shop there again...ok that's a little drastic, but I will not be going to safeway again and wrote a complaint. Which isn't usually like me. The few cars in their parking lot actually is all othe message I think they need. Side note, I normally don't shop there anyway.

that's my latest peeve.

S~

So I am at a small grocery store. Wife and I are against some bulk food dispensers. I am reaching up a little. I bring my hand back down, and crash it stops, and pain shoots. What the heck happened? My hand landed in a grocery cart. But where did it come from. Oh here she is, a lady saying sorry, are you all right. I look at my bloody hand and then at her. I just stare. She is upset.. Lady " why cant you just say excuse me"? Just keep going, NOW!!! She moves on. I keep it together...

What is wrong with people. Why do they have to do this? It is so easy to just say something as you try to squeeze in somewhere. I see this all the time. People just wont open their mouths. WHY WHY WHY WHY>>>

I have to get sewed up now because some idiot has no respect for other people, no insight that people move. She is the only person on  the planet. It is so easy to just say SORRY, rather then say something..

HUMANS ARE TRULY IDIOTS.

I just read Whitney's cause of death that was realeased today. I thought it was released before this considering all t he comments about her death. It is amazing how people can know what she died from before even the coroner knows. 

That is the peeve, the people that know these things and make assumptions......

Texting while driving is the new form of Russian Roulette!  It is impossible to regulate stupidity, so drivers beware!  I saw 2 people doing it today during morning rush hour :crazy::idiot:

I sold my motorcycle last summer, because someone who was texting almost ran into me. I saw her in time to hit the ditch.  I only got some minor scratches, but, I figured that next time it could mean my life.  A 700 pound motorcycle doesn't have a chance with a 2 ton car.

Thinly disguised telemarketing calls! I especially get annoyed at the computer generated calls that hang up when I answer, after I've stepped on the dog and fallen over the ottoman to get to the phone. I've even tried calling them back to yell at them. No answer of course. Grrr.