Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

how do I know if I am in tolerance withdrawal

[Ne...]

Is it possible to avoid it with reeeally slow reductions? Like 1 per cent every one or two weeks? I cant afford to lose sleep, it triggers my akathisia. Are the reductions too low to prevent tolerance withdrawal?

Miss Piggy I am really sorry you are suffering too, I hope a cut helps if that is what you decide for.

Did you have insomnia previous to taking benzos? What are your other symptoms?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ne...]

• [Pa...]

• [Mi...]

• [je...]

We can't predict how its going to go for you, unfortunately everyone has to experiment and through trial and error they find what works for them.  Of course, about the time you find what works, your symptoms or life demands will change and you'll have to figure out what direction to go in.  This is not a static process, this is why it's critical to record your symptoms and their severity so you can make informed decisions when there are bumps in the road.

Okay so you cant tell or have heard of someone going into tolerance withdrawal because tapering too little.

Because tolerance withdrawal, relative withdrawal and withdrawal all have the same symptoms I can't make a blanket statement like that with any confidence but I would assume that as long as someone is tapering they wouldn't go into tolerance.  But does it really matter, most who taper suffer with symptoms whatever we label them.

Have you read this?  http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/tolerance-and-dependency/

Okay so you cant tell or have heard of someone going into tolerance withdrawal because tapering too little.

I haven't personally heard of someone going into tolerance because they're tapering too little. But I also don't want to say it's impossible and can't happen. If I were you I would not be focussed on what could possibly happen. I would just focus on what you have control over. Regardless of tolerance, you can't taper at a faster speed, so you need to do what you can do in this moment and that is taper at a speed that you can manage. You're going to be okay.  :smitten:

What about long holders? When I stayed at 11.5mg for 6 months I found the two small cuts down to 11mg very difficult and had a 6 week wave.

At the moment still trying to stabalise from cross over to all one benzo. I thought it would be easier than it is.

Because tolerance withdrawal, relative withdrawal and withdrawal all have the same symptoms I can't make a blanket statement like that with any confidence but I would assume that as long as someone is tapering they wouldn't go into tolerance.  But does it really matter, most who taper suffer with symptoms whatever we label them.

Have you read this?  http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/tolerance-and-dependency/

Yes Pamster, I have read it a while back thinking that I wont hit that jackpot too (it says only a small number experience this) especially only 1 1/2 months after my last dose increase, it seems so unlikely. I still cant tell for sure what is happening to me but I think I will just have to try small cuts in two weeks and hope my CNS can stabilize the akathisia with small reductions and that what got my sleep was indeed tolerance withdrawal and not simple tolerance and I will lose it again. It really aggravates the akathisia when I dont sleep.. its all such a huge mess, I used to be able to cope with little sleep quite well in my CTs/tapers.

Thanks for the message Pamster

and thank you too jelly baby for your wisdom

thanks to both of you for caring