Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

how do I know if I am in tolerance withdrawal

[Ne...]

Experimenting with Diazepam is tricky because of it's long half life, it takes time to reach full effect just as it takes awhile to leave your system so I'm not sure taking a dose one time will help you determine anything useful.  You might want to come up with a plan and commit to it for a period of time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ne...]

• [Pa...]

• [Mi...]

• [je...]

You are right Pamster but I cant decide what to do. A taper when my akathisia is still coming and going was not my plan but I am feeling awful, maybe just because I hardly slept in 4 nights but considering all that I wonder if an updose with a short stabilization time, like two weeks might be worth considering.

We all need to have the proper mindset to tackle this beast and experimentation is a major part of this process so if you're leaning towards that approach then it might be worth trying.  If you find it doesn't help then at least you'll know and can work on another plan.

For me the worst part when being stuck was not being able to commit to anything. It is mentally excruciating to go through the same options over and over again. If there's one option that looks slightly better then I'd say go with it. Like Pamster said at least then you've tried something.  :thumbsup:

Would you be classed as being in tolerance withdrawal if you felt the meds you were taking were no longer having an impact on you when you take them?

Miss Piggy, no tolerance withdrawal is when you have withdrawal while not changing your dose. It is very rare.

To both Pamster and jelly baby, thanks for your replies. I have one more question, is it very unlikely to be on tolerance withdrawal after only 1 1/2 months? you must have seen it more often.

There is still my Olanzapine drop that could be at the root of this all and then dropping another med would be a mistake.

I have not really been changing my dose. I sat at 11.5mg for 6 months then tried 2 small reductions which were disastrous

Miss Piggy, no tolerance withdrawal is when you have withdrawal while not changing your dose. It is very rare.

To both Pamster and jelly baby, thanks for your replies. I have one more question, is it very unlikely to be on tolerance withdrawal after only 1 1/2 months? you must have seen it more often.

There is still my Olanzapine drop that could be at the root of this all and then dropping another med would be a mistake.

Miss Piggy, if you didnt have withdrawal symptoms before you tapered you were not in tolerance withdrawal, is I mentioned it is quite rare.

sorry to hear you have such a hard time with your taper.

Just take it really slow and you will be fine. :-)

I think I may have reached it now. I am all over the place in a huge wave and dont really see what to do next

Miss Piggy, if you didnt have withdrawal symptoms before you tapered you were not in tolerance withdrawal, is I mentioned it is quite rare.

One way to tell is experiencing interdose withdrawal, which is why I'm tapering.  I wasn't adjusting times or dosage in any way, yet I was experiencing w/d sxs before my evening dose.  Tolerance withdrawal is not rare.  After 6 weeks, tolerance withdrawal, I'd think, is quite rare.  Good luck to you.

I dont have interdose withdrawal. but a myriad of symptoms but they could also be attributed to other reasons. Interdose and tolerance withdrawal are different things as far as I know.

I read on here that tolerance withdrawal is quite rare, there is an article about it somewhere.

So I increased my dose 25% and am still in agony, does that mean it wasnt tolerance withdrawal as an increase hasnt settled any symptoms? I only feel more sedated. Or do I have to wait longer?

Thank you.

Do you mean you had wd type symptoms even though you were staying on the same doses?

If so, how are you managing to reduce and stay semi stable? I am all over the place!

One way to tell is experiencing interdose withdrawal, which is why I'm tapering.  I wasn't adjusting times or dosage in any way, yet I was experiencing w/d sxs before my evening dose.  Tolerance withdrawal is not rare.  After 6 weeks, tolerance withdrawal, I'd think, is quite rare.  Good luck to you.

Thank you.

Do you mean you had wd type symptoms even though you were staying on the same doses?

If so, how are you managing to reduce and stay semi stable? I am all over the place!

Yes, each dose was gradually losing effectiveness, and I could tell by how my anxiety broke through, particularly in the early evening before my P.M. dose.

I manage my taper by keeping it slow.  Of course, I've just started and will have to keep flexible as I reduce.

Sorry to hear you're all over the place.  Maybe in time that will work itself out.

Thank you Rocknroll. Have you managed to keep your sleep?

Thank you.

Yes, each dose was gradually losing effectiveness, and I could tell by how my anxiety broke through, particularly in the early evening before my P.M. dose.

I manage my taper by keeping it slow.  Of course, I've just started and will have to keep flexible as I reduce.

Sorry to hear you're all over the place.  Maybe in time that will work itself out.

Thank you Rocknroll. Have you managed to keep your sleep?

Thank you.

Sleeps been good so far.  Thanks for asking.

I am by far no expert bit Miss Piggy you could try to updose a bit until you feel better and then taper from a stable position.

If normal taper was too harsh for you I have heard of water titrating that might be more suitable for you.

So I stabilized a bit after my updose of 25% and I wonder will it keep tolerance withdrawal at bay if I reduce only 0.04mg every two weeks? at least for a while. I dont want to overdo it since I am still having akathisia waves and my CNS is severely destabilized. Or is that too little a cut and can give me tolerance withdrawal too since my body hardly noticed?

I am in this difficult situation where I want to stabilize but cant bec of this damn tolerance withdrawal. Trying to figure out a way. When my sleep went I knew I needed to do sth. It is better now I hope it stays that way.

Is it a typical symptom of tolerance withdrawal that your sleep just turns on you? suddenly kept waking up after 2-3 hours.

So I stabilized a bit after my updose of 25% and I wonder will it keep tolerance withdrawal at bay if I reduce only 0.04mg every two weeks?

What percentage of your total dose would that be?

Insomnia is pretty much guaranteed for anyone tolerant to, dependent on, withdrawing and recovering from benzodiazepines, it may be the number one symptom.

It certainly is my one at the moment. 2 hours again last night then awake all night with ruminating thoughts.

Pamster - none of my current symptoms are decreasing. Will I just give it to Monday then go for a decrease? (Even if not stable?) X

Insomnia is pretty much guaranteed for anyone tolerant to, dependent on, withdrawing and recovering from benzodiazepines, it may be the number one symptom.