Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Substitution taper from 1mg of Klonopin to Valium

[mi...]

In my experience of holding the valium, I held for a month.

EXCUSE ME  ::)

I would not start tapering as soon as you cross-over.

Good luck!

S#

Love the picture.. Thank you. Talk to you soon.  Mishi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [xe...]

• [...]

• [Be...]

?

I was just saying Ashton's schedule doesn't do that, not that it isn't the right thing to do.

?

I was just saying Ashton's schedule doesn't do that, not that it isn't the right thing to do.

Zenofears how are you doing today.. What do you mean that Ashton's schedule does not do that... Do what?  Please get back to me when you can.. I appreciate your help so much.. I am on the K right now, so I have a few day's left...  Be well. Luv, Mishi

?

Zenofears how are you doing today.. What do you mean that Ashton's schedule does not do that... Do what?  Please get back to me when you can.. I appreciate your help so much.. I am on the K right now, so I have a few day's left...  Be well. Luv, Mishi

I've been worse Mishi, thank you.. I mean that Ashton's Schedules don't devote any time to holding at the end of the c/o. The final stage is held for 1 week just like the rest. I think Ashton's schedules seem a little outdated to me honestly..

Hi Mishi,

I have just seen my Gransons :)I was so pleased to see them, although in pain I stayed down with them for an hour and a half. I was determined to sit with them....One of my twin grnaosns I had not see for a yera and abit was so happy...Determination gets you through...I Hope.

Bye Mishi takrecare

[e7...]

Hi Mishi-

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to you and that I am so proud of you for taking the steps that you believe you need to take in order to get through the remainder of your taper. I am proud of you for knowing what you need to do and for going for it. I have full faith in you that you will succeed and do just fine. Please keep us all posted on how your crossover is going. I will be thinking of you and praying that this is the right decision for you and that you will cross w/o problems.

Hang in there. I wish you the best always. You will see the other side of this and be well again. It just takes SO much longer than we'd like it to.

Much love, Nicole

Hi Mishi-

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to you and that I am so proud of you for taking the steps that you believe you need to take in order to get through the remainder of your taper. I am proud of you for knowing what you need to do and for going for it. I have full faith in you that you will succeed and do just fine. Please keep us all posted on how your crossover is going. I will be thinking of you and praying that this is the right decision for you and that you will cross w/o problems.

Hang in there. I wish you the best always. You will see the other side of this and be well again. It just takes SO much longer than we'd like it to.

Much love, Nicole

Hi, Nic, How are you dong sweetie... Thank you so much for your support and kindness here.  Imagine I have the schedule in front of me and the medication.. I have to start in a few day's.. I am suffering badly on the K and on the otherhand I want off as fast as possible... I am still questioning the crossover.... Sigma worked so hard for me.  Everyone here cares about me, and I am so lucky to have you. Also all of BB here.. You are my family now.  I am not kidding you...Gosh what is wrong with me?  i wish I could have a little more faith in myself.. I do not like change very much.. When it comes to survival we have to make choices.  It will hit me in a couple of day's  There is no magic wand.. I wish there was.. I have to trust and believe something will give.. I know it will not be easy either way.. I hope I can still do the crossover and just do it.. If I change my mind what will bb think of me.. Will they still support me here or will they get mad at me... I have the schedule and the medication... My aunt will leave me in Oct.. Then I will be alone... I thought If I CAN FINISH THE K AT LEAST SHE WILL STILL BE HERE.  If i take the crossover I will be on my own...She has been helping me with the titration.. I am not very good in math.. When shen leaves I will be on my own.. What a way to think... This is one reason I am debating....on what to do.. I did not say I will not do it.  But what if I could keep going down on the K. Gosh I hope I make the right decision... At least my aunt will be here till I finish the K.. Is that stupid to think like that?    Nic are you done on your taper? How are yu feeling?  Please let me know how your life is going? I know you have your family with you.. You are lucky that way.. They cannot take your pain away but at least you have them...You cannot tell me what to do, or am I asking you too.  I have a few more day's left.. God I hope no one is even mad at me for writing you this letter....  Do you think it will be okay?  Let me know about your life?Please get back to me when you can.. Be well and happy?  Thank you. Mishi

Good luck!

S#

Dear Sigma how are you today? I just posted back to nic.. I told her that I have everything ready for the crossover... I remember when you first posted me back on this you had told me in your opinion to keep going on the K... You and xenofears has done all this work for me on the crossover... God, I have a few day's left....

Dear Sigma how are yu today?  I just posted back to nic.. I told her that I have everything ready for the crossover.. I remember when you first posted me back.. You had told me in your opinion to keep going on the K.. You have worked so hard for me to make the schedule up on the crossover... Xeno helped me also...Gosh, I have a few day's left to follow the schedule..  What if I change my mind?  What if cannot do this now?  What if I want to to it later?  PLEASE PLEASE, Sigma do not be upset with me right now.. I need you and BB in my life right now.. I reach out to you.. You are alway's there to help me...  My mind will be made up in a few day's when it is  time?  Tell me that you will not hate me ,and that you will still be here for me no matter what... I am trying so hard..I told nic that I would be alone on the taper with the V... I think I would be finish with K when my aunt leaves.. Cannot to the V taper without here here.. Is that smart thinking.. I am trying to think of a different word right now to use. You said that there was not a crystal ball... I just hope you will understand either way.. Staying with the K or going forward on the original plan...  I care about you so much... I DID NOT SAY NO YET...  Please tell me you understand?  I know this work had to be hard for you, and you do not even get paid for it....That is what upset's me now so much... I hope to hear from you soon without any anger....

Thank you, I hope my buddy still.  Mishi

The cross over, Mishi-

The way you have your doses. You're going to have to c/o like this-

You told me you had more anxiety in the morning, then you would take the first dose of K, and exchange it with V.

You say you will be at 1mg of Klonopin, which this is equiv. to 20mg of Valium.

Pretty much, you would take the 2 doses of Klonopin, one dose of klonopin and then exchange the other with Valium.

The way you are titrating, and how you're dosing, you will have to round the dose off.

There really isn't a direct schedule for you to cross over, but you will have to do it in stages.

Xenofears gave you an idea how to do it.

The first table is what you need to go by, but at 1mg.

Since you have the anxiety mostly in the morning, then you will need to take most of the Valium in the morning, from what I gather.

If you have trouble sleeping, then you would take most at night.

Here's the link-

http://www.drregpeart.org/Dr%20Peart%20Sample%20Schedules%20with%20Notes%2022Sep06.pdf

As you c/o, the valium should build up, and thereafter, you will know when to make a cut.

Once you are crossed over, you will not be dealing with the Klonopin, but the Valium rather.

Valium will cover the Klonopin, and you may feel more sedated at first, but that will go as you taper.

No one is going to be able to tell you exactly how to cross.

You will have to play it by ear.

Make sure you have enough Klonopin and Valium to do it with.

When I crossed, I had to play it by ear because my doses were 0.25mg.

S#

:mybuddy:

This thread needs to be merged with the other*

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=32064.0

Dear Sigma, I do not wish to do DR. Reg Peart's crossover from Klonopin to Valium.  Did everyone who crossed over do Dr. Peart's schedule. 

I would prefer Dr. Asthon's Crossover... Does anyone have it at my level...I was told before that the crossover could be done at any level of Klonopin...

I wish to have the schedule at 1mg level of Klonopin which I need for June 29th, since on the June 30th I will start

the crossover.  Please get back to me. Thanks, Mishi

Good luck!

S#

Sigma did you receive my message?  Luv, Mishi

[c7...]

Mishi,

I did not receive any messages.

If it deals with tapering, best to post it here.

Thanks.

Mishi,

I did not receive any messages.

If it deals with tapering, best to post it here.

Thanks.

Sigma please keep the schedule here for me.. I need to print it.. My printer is not working right at this moment.. 

Would like to keep a copy of it on hand. Hope that is okay... Hope you are well.  I hope to hear from yu soon.

All the best. Luv, Mishi