Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing okay except for red itchy eyes. 

My mood is benzo blah.  I'm trying to use this time to do some deep cleaning but but my motivation is tamped down due to the meds.  But I'm going keep  trying little areas a time.

Again, the city is calm and there is food in the grocery stories.  Not a lot of canned food or cleaning stuff but we have enough on hand.

FH, good you are trying to keep busy and have a project.  Our food supply is ok too, may have to go to more than one store, but I am also hoping, the weekend ending , may cause that to lessen and people realize they don't need to do that.  Good to hear from you ;):smitten: :smitten:

Trishy, Louis Vuitton is changing their perfume business to make hand sanitizer and giving it to health professionals for free.  That is really a good thing to hear.  More businesses are doing something similar, that's just great and gives us all more hope  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Doing ok. Just trying to not worry. Everytime I touch something I get paranoid. Cleaned alot, but I cant keep up. Hope everyone is staying as calm. Didn't go to the store today. I kind 9f dont even want to go out.

Hi everyone,

Doing ok. Just trying to not worry. Everytime I touch something I get paranoid. Cleaned alot, but I cant keep up. Hope everyone is staying as calm. Didn't go to the store today. I kind 9f dont even want to go out.

Hey DD,

I know it's very hard. This is unlike anything we've ever been through. I think the key is to do whatever gives you some semblance of control.

Do other things to like read or binge watch TV shows.. Do some other things besides watch news. Take mental health breaks from what's going on.

We'll get through this.  :mybuddy:❤️

Hi everyone,

That makes perfect sense DD.  You can come on here and we can chat :laugh:  Hey did your mom get an email from Enso saying the app went down and they are suppose to be working on it.  They told you how to do it manually but I keep hoping to get an email saying they fixed it.  Would you believe they have never charged me DD?  Is that crazy or what  :laugh::D.  But I need a new sticky thing, so I am going to have to order one, was hoping to lay low until no one remembered I wasn't charged!

:D:laugh:    LY girlfriend, Mary  :D:laugh::D:smitten:

Hi Everyone,

My mood is benzo blah.  I'm trying to use this time to do some deep cleaning but but my motivation is tamped down due to the meds.  But I'm going keep  trying little areas a time.

Again, the city is calm and there is food in the grocery stories.  Not a lot of canned food or cleaning stuff but we have enough on hand.

Glad to see you're hanging in FH. Just do what you can, but I think it's great that you're trying. Take walks in your great city as often as you can. Life isn't very exciting right now but we do the best we can given the circumstances. ❤️🍎

Trishy, Louis Vuitton is changing their perfume business to make hand sanitizer and giving it to health professionals for free.  That is really a good thing to hear.  More businesses are doing something similar, that's just great and gives us all more hope  :smitten: :smitten:

I love when I see big names helping out.. they can and they should. That's wonderful!

Thanks you guys,p

I'll feel ok for a while. Then I watch the news for a few minutes and I'm in disbelief. I guess we take it one day at a time like bwd. I am going to flip the channel. Its mostly repetitive stuff. I wish I went to the store to get diet coke. Lol. It's my tranquilizer!

That is awesome mm! Woohoo!  She didn't say anything about the website. Oh no. Maybe you could send an email. You have to have the stickies! How do you feel from the cut any better? I guess it's hard to tell with what is going on. I'm kinda numb  :o :o :o

Thanks you guys,p

I'll feel ok for a while. Then I watch the news for a few minutes and I'm in disbelief. I guess we take it one day at a time like bwd. I am going to flip the channel. Its mostly repetitive stuff. I wish I went to the store to get diet coke. Lol. It's my tranquilizer!

That is awesome mm! Woohoo!  She didn't say anything about the website. Oh no. Maybe you could send an email. You have to have the stickies! How do you feel from the cut any better? I guess it's hard to tell with what is going on. I'm kinda numb  :o :o :o

Knock wood, but tomorrow is last day of dlmt, went 2 extra days to get to a half mg gone.  Done really well so far but expect to get hit some.  It's okay, a half mg gone thrills me.  I am more anxious right now, but that could be CV  :(.  You and Trishy and your Diet Coke.  Trishy has been all over Connecticut buying Diet Coke  :laugh: :laugh:  yes, I am going to have to order my sticky and just buck up and pay for enso, but they better have the app fixed  >:(.  We are all numb DD, this is hard to deal with and knowing it's just getting started.  I did read you should have some water every 15 minutes to wash the virus down your throats if you have it and the stomach acid will help kill it.

I think that's before it really starts and that Ibuprofen isn't good for it.  Tylenol is recommended.

I love you , please keep in touch okay? MM.  💜♥️💚💜💚

Hi Everyone,

FH, good you are trying to keep busy and have a project.  Our food supply is ok too, may have to go to more than one store, but I am also hoping, the weekend ending , may cause that to lessen and people realize they don't need to do that.  Good to hear from you ;):smitten: :smitten:

Trying to distract Mary.  Being in benzo withdrawal and dealing with what's going on is no fun.

How are you doing with your taper? I know you had a few more cuts to make your 5% 

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see you're hanging in FH. Just do what you can, but I think it's great that you're trying. Take walks in your great city as often as you can. Life isn't very exciting right now but we do the best we can given the circumstances. ❤️🍎

I'm trying Trishy.  My focus despite everything going on is to get off this benzo.  We are mainly walking in the neighborhood.  It was too cold today to walk so lots of TV and YouTube along with the little bits if cleaning. 

Hope you enjoyed your bath.

Hi Everyone,

Trying to distract Mary.  Being in benzo withdrawal and dealing with what's going on is no fun.

How are you doing with your taper? I know you had a few more cuts to make your 5%

Good actually, am sure I will have some symptoms but ain't got much to do right now, so will get through it.  Just thrilled I will be down a half a mg.  That's a big chunck for me at one time  ;)

Knock wood!! 

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying Trishy.  My focus despite everything going on is to get off this benzo.  We are mainly walking in the neighborhood.  It was too cold today to walk so lots of TV and YouTube along with the little bits if cleaning. 

Hope you enjoyed your bath.

It was chilly today I agree. You and I are only about an hour's drive from eachother so we have similar weather. Tomorrow is rain in CT. Yuk!

I admire your determination to get off this drug despite what's going on, I have no courage to attempt a move right now.

My bath was nice but not as relaxing as it usually is, it warmed my bones though 😉

Thanks you guys,p

Knock wood, but tomorrow is last day of dlmt, went 2 extra days to get to a half mg gone.  Done really well so far but expect to get hit some.  It's okay, a half mg gone thrills me.  I am more anxious right now, but that could be CV  :(.  You and Trishy and your Diet Coke.  Trishy has been all over Connecticut buying Diet Coke  :laugh: :laugh:  yes, I am going to have to order my sticky and just buck up and pay for enso, but they better have the app fixed  >:(.  We are all numb DD, this is hard to deal with and knowing it's just getting started.  I did read you should have some water every 15 minutes to wash the virus down your throats if you have it and the stomach acid will help kill it.

I think that's before it really starts and that Ibuprofen isn't good for it.  Tylenol is recommended.

Oh shit really Mary? I'm allergic to Tylenol and so is my daughter 🤦‍♀️ I can only take Advil 😱

Thanks you guys,p

Oh shit really Mary? I'm allergic to Tylenol and so is my daughter 🤦‍♀️ I can only take Advil 😱

Yes, if I can find the article again I will copy it.  I would much rather have ibu than Tylenol.  :(

It has something to do with the inflammation.  Watching tv with the hubs, so you have a good night with yours.  Love you  ;).    :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all,

Checkin in.. I have been working from home as usual.. nothing has really changed for me except I have constant butterflies. Stores in SC are mostly stocked and people seem to be pretty calm. We just got an official Shelter in Place order which means all non essential businesses must close and we can only go out to get groceries and pharmaceuticals. This is so crazy.

Right now more than ever I wish I could take a Xanax. If I had not just moved hell and earth to get off of them, I would.

But no  :nono:

Don't worry, I won't. Last night though I did take every herbal anti anxiety supplement I could possibly find in my extensive supplement arsenal. It worked, I slept like a baby.

Goodnight all, love you.

Hi Everyone,

Good actually, am sure I will have some symptoms but ain't got much to do right now, so will get through it.  Just thrilled I will be down a half a mg.  That's a big chunck for me at one time  ;)

Knock wood!!

1/2 a milligram Mary!  That's a big deal and I know the effort it takes.  You are doing it in a smart way. 

Thanks mm,

I've been taking advil. I'll get some tylenol. That's good info. I hope you dont have to pay for the enso  :-[ :

I know trish and I need are diet coke, it's like our  alcohol or something, ahhhh  :laugh: stay safe, you are home and safe. Ly dd

Ok, I know this is sereal. It's good you are off. At least you dont have that fear of what happens without my meds.

I'm glad you have the anxiety supplement. Just keep distracting and follow the protocol and hope we will turn a corner soon with this weird virus.  Ly dd

Haha fh,

You and I are stubborn. Chipping away trying like crazy to get off this poison. I will be holding until c crisis becomes more clear. I hope you are feeling better. I've been doing the same thing as you cleaning, distracting. Stay safe. Ly dd

Haha fh,

You and I are stubborn. Chipping away trying like crazy to get off this poison. I will be holding until c crisis becomes more clear. I hope you are feeling better. I've been doing the same thing as you cleaning, distracting. Stay safe. Ly dd

Thanks DD.  I'm slowing down my taper but I'm still going to chip away as I can.  Yep, lots of distraction and hopefully some continued walks.  You take care of yourself as well. 

Hi everyone,

Hey DD,

I know it's very hard. This is unlike anything we've ever been through. I think the key is to do whatever gives you some semblance of control.

Do other things to like read or binge watch TV shows.. Do some other things besides watch news. Take mental health breaks from what's going on.

We'll get through this.  :mybuddy:❤️

Definitely try to step away from the news. I’m still really anxious, but the last 2 days have gone better since I’ve turned off the news. I literally went into the parental settings on my phone and locked myself out of Facebook, a bunch of web sites and basically anywhere else I might see news. Everyone is talking about it, so it’s not like you won’t hear about news from someone else.

I put a list together on another message board of things I’m trying.

——

This guy on Instagram focuses on mindfulness and being grounded. His videos are really good - https://instagram.com/owenokaneten?igshid=j0ew9qi27n61

Headspace is a great mindfulness app I’ve been using for years now that just added a bunch of free meditations and music for all of this - https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app

In the past few days I’ve discovered that the Anxiety subreddit is quite good right now. Notably there are a couple of folks focusing on good news. Things that are hopeful or put all of this into perspective. The idea being that we all know the bad news and the things we’re afraid of and it’s overwhelming some of us. So let’s focus on some good news - https://www.reddit.com/r/Anxiety

I’m a huge fan of the On Being podcast - https://onbeing.org/series/podcast/

And the Tara Brach podcast - https://www.tarabrach.com/talks-audio-video/

Ambient music such as Brian Eno’s work.

[9a...]