Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello all, is it my phone having linking problems or has no one posted today? 

Meems

Hey Meems, I was gone all morning, had a good day.  Got to meet my sil's new shelter puppy.

Oh, so adorable Meems.  How is Maggie?  And you and mom.  Love you girlfriend, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi - I am doing alright.  Just trudging along.  Feeling pretty stable.  However, fell into my FB trap again.  I was off for about a month and logged back on yesterday and now I have lost 24 hours of my life about politics.  Sigh...  so I logged off and am taking a break.  I don’t know I just felt compelled and like a dumbass I posted something and all hell broke loose.  Things calmed down this morning but last night I had to tell my friend of 35 years to calm the F down. Ha ha ha.  Oh Meems...when are you gonna learn.  Oh well. 

Yes Trishy- be careful you don’t dry you’re hands out to bad.  This CV is bad.  Those poor people on that cruise ship. 

Mary - can you post a picture of the puppy 🐶?

Maggie is doing much better.  The fluids and antibiotics have helped so much.  Vet wants to wait on her teeth so I’ll call back in a week. 

Hi - I am doing alright.  Just trudging along.  Feeling pretty stable.  However, fell into my FB trap again.  I was off for about a month and logged back on yesterday and now I have lost 24 hours of my life about politics.  Sigh...  so I logged off and am taking a break.  I don’t know I just felt compelled and like a dumbass I posted something and all hell broke loose.  Things calmed down this morning but last night I had to tell my friend of 35 years to calm the F down. Ha ha ha.  Oh Meems...when are you gonna learn.  Oh well. 

Yes Trishy- be careful you don’t dry you’re hands out to bad.  This CV is bad.  Those poor people on that cruise ship. 

Mary - can you post a picture of the puppy 🐶?

Maggie is doing much better.  The fluids and antibiotics have helped so much.  Vet wants to wait on her teeth so I’ll call back in a week.

Oh Meems, I wish I could.  I use an IPAD and trying to do anything like that on one is too complicated for my benzo brain  :(. And it seems if I do learn something new, I always have a rough few days after and forgot how again :idiot: :idiot:  He is part Long haired chihuahua and is red!  That is so unusual .

Just sooo adorable.  I put my purse in floor hoping he would get in, so I could sneak out with him. 

I love animals  :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning LHSG.  Thinking about you all.  Please be taking care of yourself and know I love you all.    Hope you post even if it's just a short one so we all know how each other is doing.  This is a time to keep up with each other.    :smitten: :smitten:  Mary ♥️❣️🎈♥️❣️🎈♥️

Mary,

I am checking in per your request.

After 18 months my son is finally I think on a good path. His health is good. I hesitate to even write this as I am very concerned with the virus, he is on two immune suppressing drugs which make him more susceptible to life-threatening complications. My mom is in a nursing home and after seeing what is going on in Washington state I am concerned.

So my anxiety is definitely high. I have also had both the flu and now a bad cold for almost a week. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all to be honest.

I hope everyone is taking good care of themselves. I am still holding dose. I think I want to try to taper my mirtazapine once things settle with this pandemic. I plan to go slow. It doesn't work for sleep anymore and it's making it impossible to lose weight, and I really need to do that. But right now, not changing anything.

NJ I'm so happy for your son and for you. I'll pray that he keeps improving. I hope they close schools soon. We're running unnecessary risks according to the WHO. Mary I'm sorry your eyes are still bothering you. Here where I live the government is doing everything possible to kill us all : allowing mass events and not closing anything. All we can do is pray (yes yes and wash our hands). I guess we just have to bet on our luck. Alea jacta est.

Mary,

I am checking in per your request.

After 18 months my son is finally I think on a good path. His health is good. I hesitate to even write this as I am very concerned with the virus, he is on two immune suppressing drugs which make him more susceptible to life-threatening complications. My mom is in a nursing home and after seeing what is going on in Washington state I am concerned.

So my anxiety is definitely high. I have also had both the flu and now a bad cold for almost a week. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all to be honest.

I hope everyone is taking good care of themselves. I am still holding dose. I think I want to try to taper my mirtazapine once things settle with this pandemic. I plan to go slow. It doesn't work for sleep anymore and it's making it impossible to lose weight, and I really need to do that. But right now, not changing anything.

NJ, you do have too much to contend with, then the CV.  It's so much, I admire you so much for making your way through this.  I would be worried about my son and mother too.  I know there isn't much you can do for your mom, but check with the nursing home often and question them on their care.  However, when your son gets home,  I might tighten up his activities.  You have both worked so hard to get him on the right path.  Now CV,  :-[.  Sorry, you have been sick on top of everything else.

I crossed over to Liquid Diazapam and it has really increased my appetite, but I think it is helping me taper, so I might have to fight a few pounds if I ever get to walk off.  I am trying to watch my weight but it's tough.  Really glad you checked in, please keep us posted on you and your family.  We all root for you!!  Love Mary 💜☮️🙏💜☮️🙏💜

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all washing your hands and sanitizing them when needed. I'm almost robotic at hand washing. Rich and I are limiting contact with family members, we don't like it and we're sad not to be able to have our regular Sunday dinners with our grandchildren but Rich has COPD and we have to be super cautious. My son in law and daughter in law are on the front lines, one is a nurse and there other a medical assistant so no contact for now is best for Rich. My sil's hospital had a Dr who is infected so there is a big meeting in the hospital for all employees tomorrow morning, my dil had phone conference last night with her office, she works in Fairfield county and they are expected to get hit hard as people from NYC commute to work in Connecticut. We are on edge here as you can imagine so definitely not going to taper for the foreseeable or at least until we are out of the woods with this virus, hopefully not too long from now God willing. 🙏

Mary thank you my dear friend for being my shoulder, you are a wonderful friend and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. ❤️

NJ, it's nice to hear from you, I've no doubt you're going to do all you can for your son to remain healthy, you're a very strong woman,  just don't forget to take care of you!

VNM, DD, GP, FH, Meems, Troch, bill( where are you?) Uhmm.. I'm sure I'm forgetting others but this is all the names my brain is coming up with atm. Stay well everyone and wash, wash, wash and wash some more!

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Twinny! I didn't forget you but I sure do miss you. I hope you are alright and your daughter as well. I hope you're enjoying your weekend, come back to us soon pleeeeeeease!

Love you!

LST ❤️

Twinny! I didn't forget you but I sure do miss you. I hope you are alright and your daughter as well. I hope you're enjoying your weekend, come back to us soon pleeeeeeease!

Love you!

LST ❤️

I agree my Queen, we miss you and need to know you and yours are okay.  We need to be fussed at in the way only you can.  I met my newest member of the family yesterday,  my sil's shelter puppy that I feel in love with in less than a minute  :D:laugh:  So funny, sweet, and adorable .  Love you my Queen, please be careful with CV.  Hurry back to us..

Trishy, good post girlfriend.  Always here for you, you know that.  What date am I suppose to be remembering, the 18th?    :smitten: :smitten:

Love you!

LST ❤️

I agree my Queen, we miss you and need to know you and yours are okay.  We need to be fussed at in the way only you can.  I met my newest member of the family yesterday,  my sil's shelter puppy that I feel in love with in less than a minute  :D:laugh:  So funny, sweet, and adorable .  Love you my Queen, please be careful with CV.  Hurry back to us..

Trishy, good post girlfriend.  Always here for you, you know that.  What date am I suppose to be remembering, the 18th?    :smitten: :smitten:

Yes the 18th! 😁 ..I may be baking my own cake this year with all this social isolation going on 😔.. Oh well as long as everyone is healthy is all I care about and all I want , for all my family and Friends to be healthy 🙏 ❤️

Hi Everyone,

Doing fair these days, more blah than anything and just chomping at the bit to get off of this benzo.  I'm not doing anything foolish, just slow steady taper  but even with that, im.still feeling symtoms like exhaustion, sadness and some muscle aches. 

Went to visit my niece today and meet her and her girlfriend's 3 month old golden doodle puppy.  So cute and sweet.   

In the way home, I could see that people are still coming to the city to see Times Square.  A little quieter but still bustling with a few people walking around with masks.   

Keeping my hands clean and using a lot of hand sanitizer in public. 

Looking forward to when this passes and things are back to normal. 

Hope everyone is feeling decent today. 

Love you!

LST ❤️

Yes the 18th! 😁 ..I may be baking my own cake this year with all this social isolation going on 😔.. Oh well as long as everyone is healthy is all I care about and all I want , for all my family and Friends to be healthy 🙏 ❤️

Me too Too Many, in all our cases, healing and health in a lot of ways  ;) ;) :smitten:

Love you!

LST ❤️

Me too Too Many, in all our cases, healing and health in a lot of ways  ;) ;) :smitten:

Amen sister! 🙏

Hi Everyone,

Doing fair these days, more blah than anything and just chomping at the bit to get off of this benzo.  I'm not doing anything foolish, just slow steady taper  but even with that, im.still feeling symtoms like exhaustion, sadness and some muscle aches. 

Went to visit my niece today and meet her and her girlfriend's 3 month old golden doodle puppy.  So cute and sweet.   

In the way home, I could see that people are still coming to the city to see Times Square.  A little quieter but still bustling with a few people walking around with masks.   

Keeping my hands clean and using a lot of hand sanitizer in public. 

Looking forward to when this passes and things are back to normal. 

Hope everyone is feeling decent today.

FH: We could have had free tickets to see a Broadway show today in the city and we declined. It just isn't worth the risk for me to go into the city. I know I am in a unique situation with my son being immunocompromised, but it's just not worth the risk. We are trying to be like Trishy, and keep to ourselves as much as we can (although hubby still goes to work and son to school for now; I am grateful to be working from home, I feel like this was God's plan all along for me).

Hello Everyone

I haven’t posted in a long time.  I’m continuing my slow progress tapering down.  The liquid microtaper really works well for me.  Most of the time I’m feeling nearly normal, and I get down times but when I do they’re pretty mild.

This past week we went on a 7 day princess cruise to Mexico, got back yesterday.  When we booked it there was no corona virus!  Anyway there was no problems on the cruise, no quarantine, no one got sick.  But it is a little more scary knowing you could get stuck and or sick!  We had a pretty good time, some days were a little cool, but we love cruising.  I did really well, but ended up kinda overtired.  I am a little symptomatic the past two days, I’m hoping to feel better again the next few days.

I hope everyone is doing ok and making progress.  It is very slow, but our bodies slowly heal, you will feel better!  Trishy I know you were going to taper again, how are you doing?

Take care everyone!

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Bill l am delighted you had a good holiday.l am sure you are feeling a little more symptomatic probably due to over exertion.Give yourself time and l believe you will be grand.Well done with your taper it is working for you and you will get off this poison.Keep on keeping on.love to you.X

Morning Trish well honey you are taking the necessary precautions and that is all any of us can do.l really hope Rich's results are ok.l have everything crossed for you.I think tapering really is not that important at this time.We must do what is right for us.Now please don't panic if I thought panicking would work l would do it 😉. Like everything else in life this will pass.Stay strong my lovely twiny.Love you my lST X

Morning NJ l have to say you do sound depressed however l don't see how you wouldn't be.l know your son is a worry however he sounds very sensible and l really hope he takes allthe precautions necessary to keep himself well.As for your mum l would imagine they will limit visitors etc.Try to take a little time for yourself honey.You need to focus a little more on your own recovery my lovely.love to you.X

Morning Final how did your group meeting go?l think blah is the norm.l believe you are definitely going to be one of the lucky ones that feel better the lower you go.Enjoy the pup they are a little joy when going through this crap.love to youX

Morning lady Mary awe Hen you must be exhausted looking after my twin 😁.I am delighted you met the little beauty l haven't met one with red hair very unusual.I think you should get another dog honey I don't think it would be too much for you.Whether Sly would like it is a totally different story 😡.It took muffin a long time to tolerate Daisy and they really aren't the best of friends even now.l am in the middle of another damn wave so really not great 😱.Lt will pass.Internet on at times and it's very hit and miss at the moment.l am away to see sis tomorrow so won't be on then have to take sis to appointments later in the week so will be on when l can.Look after those eyes honey and rest them when necessary.Give my boys a hug from me 😘. love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Intend Olive Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu GP Troch Suzy and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi,

Losing the ability to sleep. After the EMDR therapy on Wednesday sleep has gone for bad to worse: 3 hours, 2 hours, and now last night less than an hour. I'm utterly exhausted. Called the psychiatrist this morning: she is going to call me back today. I just have to sleep tonight.

Hi,

Losing the ability to sleep. After the EMDR therapy on Wednesday sleep has gone for bad to worse: 3 hours, 2 hours, and now last night less than an hour. I'm utterly exhausted. Called the psychiatrist this morning: she is going to call me back today. I just have to sleep tonight.

Awe Troch l am sorry to read this.Let us know what your psch says.l have read a few posts on that therapy however l really can't recall what sort of effect it had.Please don't give up honey.My sleep comes and goes.Have you tried the CBD oil for sleep?X

Hello Everyone

I haven’t posted in a long time.  I’m continuing my slow progress tapering down.  The liquid microtaper really works well for me.  Most of the time I’m feeling nearly normal, and I get down times but when I do they’re pretty mild.

This past week we went on a 7 day princess cruise to Mexico, got back yesterday.  When we booked it there was no corona virus!  Anyway there was no problems on the cruise, no quarantine, no one got sick.  But it is a little more scary knowing you could get stuck and or sick!  We had a pretty good time, some days were a little cool, but we love cruising.  I did really well, but ended up kinda overtired.  I am a little symptomatic the past two days, I’m hoping to feel better again the next few days.

I hope everyone is doing ok and making progress.  It is very slow, but our bodies slowly heal, you will feel better!  Trishy I know you were going to taper again, how are you doing?

Take care everyone!

Hi Bill! Glad to hear you're doing well. So happy that you checked in!

I'm glad you had a good time on your cruise. My sisters are gong on a cruise in May but I think that's going to change, Rich and I almost decided to go but I'm glad now we didn't bc of this very scary virus. Seems to be getting worse so you take care of yourself.

My last cut was at the end of December, won't be cutting anytime soon bc of this virus. I don't want to compromise my immune system right now, my husband has COPD so he's among the vulnerable. I'm very worried about him. So I think most of this year is going to be a bust for taperering for me but it is what it is. I'm not happy about all this time being lost when I could be making progress.

Anyway Bill so great to hear from you! Please take care and check in and let us know how you're doing my friend.

All the best to you,

Trishy

Morning Bill l am delighted you had a good holiday.l am sure you are feeling a little more symptomatic probably due to over exertion.Give yourself time and l believe you will be grand.Well done with your taper it is working for you and you will get off this poison.Keep on keeping on.love to you.X

Morning Trish well honey you are taking the necessary precautions and that is all any of us can do.l really hope Rich's results are ok.l have everything crossed for you.I think tapering really is not that important at this time.We must do what is right for us.Now please don't panic if I thought panicking would work l would do it 😉. Like everything else in life this will pass.Stay strong my lovely twiny.Love you my lST X

Morning NJ l have to say you do sound depressed however l don't see how you wouldn't be.l know your son is a worry however he sounds very sensible and l really hope he takes allthe precautions necessary to keep himself well.As for your mum l would imagine they will limit visitors etc.Try to take a little time for yourself honey.You need to focus a little more on your own recovery my lovely.love to you.X

Morning Final how did your group meeting go?l think blah is the norm.l believe you are definitely going to be one of the lucky ones that feel better the lower you go.Enjoy the pup they are a little joy when going through this crap.love to youX

Morning lady Mary awe Hen you must be exhausted looking after my twin 😁.I am delighted you met the little beauty l haven't met one with red hair very unusual.I think you should get another dog honey I don't think it would be too much for you.Whether Sly would like it is a totally different story 😡.It took muffin a long time to tolerate Daisy and they really aren't the best of friends even now.l am in the middle of another damn wave so really not great 😱.Lt will pass.Internet on at times and it's very hit and miss at the moment.l am away to see sis tomorrow so won't be on then have to take sis to appointments later in the week so will be on when l can.Look after those eyes honey and rest them when necessary.Give my boys a hug from me 😘. love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Intend Olive Gilly Valley Free Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Miyu GP Troch Suzy and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi twinny! So good to hear from you, you know we miss you so much when you're not here.

I'm trying to keep it together but sh*t is getting real 😳 this is just getting awfully scary. My poor Rich is among the vulnerable and I worry terribly about him but I'm doing all I can to hold it together. So it's wash, wash and wash some more around here 😷

I hope everything is going well with you, how's your daughter? What's it like in your neck of the woods? Is anybody panicking where you are? I wish I lived in a very remote part of the world right now in a cave or on a deserted island🏝️ ugh this is nerve wracking 😱

Well twinny I hope we'll be seeing you more often we, meaning me lol, could use your strong shoulders. You stay well over there in the emerald isle.

Love you,

LST ❤️

I am so sorry you are in a wave.  I really wish you didn't have all those appointments.  I know you know what to do, but you have to trust other people to do it too, so you be extra careful, especially feeling so bad.  The feelings between Sly and the new pup is what worries me most.  If it wasn't going well, I would be very anxious and I don't want to deal with that, if I knew they were going to get a long and be buddies right away, I would be much more inclined to get one.  They show some of the best shelter dogs on our local news in the morning, Tim and I never miss it.  The little red Teddy, really looks like he should be Tim's , both with red hair.  :D;D:D.  He played and loved on us the whole hour we were there.  I got so many kisses :laugh: :laugh:    Great little shelter puppy, she truly couldn't have done better.  I love you my Queen, sending healing and love to you and fanily.  Love babies.  Please be careful with CV.  Lady Mary, who eats whipped peanut butter  :P :P  ;D

Hi,

Anyone that has been on Seroquel or is on it at the moment?  My sleep is next to nothing right now ( after last week 's EMDR therapy).  Should I try it at 12,5 mgs for a couple of nights or wait a little longer, to see wether my sleep improves again? Any tips or advise?  I need to sleep so badly.

[de...]