Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I'm trying to decide if I should stop getting my nails done. The place I go to,  the salon employees live in New York which I think is probably a high risk area for this virus. I don't think I want that close contact with my hands and others at the present moment.. Any opinions here?

Thanks for the advice Mary. Well I won't retire until I'm 67 or more so that gives me 15 more years. Of course I have much less than you but I don't want to lose it. I hope what we're losing now recovers, but who knows how long it'll take  :(

Val: I am the same age as you. Honestly, a down market now is good if you are putting money away now. You want to buy low and sell higher. Mary sounds like she did the right thing by getting out as she is retired. But for those of us still saving for retirement, it is better to be lower now.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. We are celebrating my mom's birthday; she almost died a year ago so thankful she is still with us.

That's true Vali, there will be real buys out there, we bought Ford in the 2008 and it eventually flew up.  Can your finance person give you some tips when it's time?  Companies you thoughtyou could never afford to buy their stock, will all of sudden be cheap.  Good idea NJ.  I had forgotten that .

NJ, so glad you are celebrating your Mim's birthday, that's great  :balloon: :balloon: :clap:

Mary the thing is, my "finance person" is this woman who talked me out of buying gold two weeks ago, which is about the only thing rising now. I think I hate her. And every time I want something different from their own products she makes it so difficult. This is going to make a big change in my relationship with that bank. I tell you you can't trust advisors here because the figure of an independent financial advisor for whatever reason is ilegal, so they all work for banks, so they will always try to sell you what the bank tells them to, which is not always good for you. I know this well because I was one of them for 14 years. Anyway I trusted this one but it's obvious you can't trust a banking sales person at least while they work in the bank. Now I know I have to stay put or assume all this loss and I'd rather just stay and take whatever happens even if it takes me years to recover (in the worst case scenario, because I'm hoping it won't be that bad). Realise that half my money is in debt too, and that's doing fine,  it's not all in shares. And of what's in shares, half of it I am administering myself and not to brag but with that amount I have lost ZERO in spite of the crash. Not so with what my advisor recommends in the other bank. So that's why I'm so pissed at them. And trust me I'm no genious. I just do more or less what an uncle emails me sometimes (he's really smart). 

I'm trying to decide if I should stop getting my nails done. The place I go to,  the salon employees live in New York which I think is probably a high risk area for this virus. I don't think I want that close contact with my hands and others at the present moment.. Any opinions here?

Trishy I'd skip the manicure for now, but that's just me. Too much contact. I do still go to have breakfast at the bar every day. I'd rather die there than to have breakfast at home.

Trishy I'm so glad your money is invested conservatively in these crazy times. Please keep shopping. The economy needs you more than ever  :laugh:

:2funny: :2funny:  No worries Vali, the economy is safe with Trishy  :laugh::D

Oh you're funny kids! You'll all be happy to know I was at Target this morning and the grocery store and did a little online shopping.. I'm working on it hang in there! 😂😂

We should all overponderate Target in our portfolios immediately then  :laugh:

:2funny:  :2funny: don't jump on Target yet V..I like to spread the wealth 😉  :laugh:

Lol, lol.    Hilarious ladies, I promise to do my part  :D

T and v you make me laugh! Lol. Keep on shopping tt! I wouldnr get ny nails done now tt.  I know it stinks  :-[ :-[

I think you're right DD. I get acrylic manicures so I'll have to soak my nails off uhggg that's a job! I'd rather be safe than sorry though. Oh well what can ya do 🤷

DD so nice to see you!  Yes, I think it's better to do your nails at home  :) Are you still feeling more like your normal self? I have some blips, mainly due to all this financial stress and tenant stress, but I feel more stable than a month ago for sure. How about you?

Trishy I'm so glad your money is invested conservatively in these crazy times. Please keep shopping. The economy needs you more than ever  :laugh:

Oh you're funny kids! You'll all be happy to know I was at Target this morning and the grocery store and did a little online shopping.. I'm working on it hang in there! 😂😂

:2funny:  :2funny: don't jump on Target yet V..I like to spread the wealth 😉  :laugh:

Mary you keep Amazon going  :2funny: :2funny:.. Now I think Amazon is going to do extremely well! People are going to shop on line like never before.. did you hear that V?! 👂😂😂

T and v you make me laugh! Lol. Keep on shopping tt! I wouldnr get ny nails done now tt.  I know it stinks  :-[ :-[

I think you're right DD. I get acrylic manicures so I'll have to soak my nails off uhggg that's a job! I'd rather be safe than sorry though. Oh well what can ya do 🤷

Trishy don't try to get the acrylics off by yourself! In that case I'd go. I fear more a finger infection messing around with your acrylics at home, than the coronavirus.

Mary you keep Amazon going  :2funny: :2funny:.. Now I think Amazon is going to do extremely well! People are going to shop on line like never before.. did you hear that V?! 👂😂😂

I do love my Amazon but have guilt too.  They use  too much plastic for the planet and I am feeling guilty.  :(  They are supposed to be working on that, I hope so.  I hate feeling guilty when I shop

:2funny: :2funny:

Hey Nova,

What a timely post. I haven't read this in sooooo long. I really needed a reminder that holds are for our own good. Thank you thank you.

Hugs and healing,

T

Trishy don't try to get the acrylics off by yourself! In that case I'd go. I fear more a finger infection messing around with your acrylics at home, than the coronavirus.

I've taken them off myself before V just to give them a break and let them breathe so I know how to do it, just a bitch of a job. Idk maybe I will go let them do it just so I don't have to do it lol!

Yes and you do it pulling and you destroy your own nail. I'd just go, but of course I don't want to be responsible for your decision  ???

True V! I do get frustrated and start pulling and even biting to get them off 😱..

Anywho people I'm out! Gotta go pick my granddaughter up from her bus stop. See you all later ✌️

TT # shopaholic 😂😂

Yes and you do it pulling and you destroy your own nail. I'd just go, but of course I don't want to be responsible for your decision  ???

True V! I do get frustrated and start pulling and even biting to get them off 😱..

Anywho people I'm out! Gotta go pick my granddaughter up from her bus stop. See you all later ✌️

TT # shopaholic 😂😂

:thumbsup:>:D

I do love my Amazon but have guilt too.  They use  too much plastic for the planet and I am feeling guilty.  :(  They are supposed to be working on that, I hope so.  I hate feeling guilty when I shop

Yes Mary and cardboard. All those cardboard boxes. I buy practically everything on Amazon. I couldn't possibly do my life otherwise, I wouldn't have time. But I hope one day I have time to go around shopping without all that cardboard waste. We need more regulations for waste. BTW on my dating app I'm chatting with this bloke who'se obsessed with recycling and the environment and all that. Who knows, maybe this year I get an eco friendly boyfriend  :D

Gosh I’m missing this great conversation between acrylic nails, the stock market and Amazon. 

Trishy- can you bring your own nail tools and your own nail polish?

I feel guilty shopping with Amazon, also I don’t shop at Wal-Mart.  But this is just me. 

I can’t bear to see how much money I have lost in the market.  Don’t need another stress factor in my life.  Just like 2008 got to ride it out and “hope” Cheeto head gets it together so there is more certainty in the market.  The markets run and invest on confidence. 

I must share that I had a nice hour of distraction listening and dancing to disco music.  Ha.  Some Rocker chicks do love dancing to disco. 

Hope you are all feeling ok today.  I’m alright but muscle soreness popped up.  Hmmm that’s a new one. 

And yes Nova, thank you for sharing the long hold propaganda.  I love reading that.  Always makes me feel so much better about this process.  Today I have to get my pills ready for the next week. Ugh I dread doing that but I can prepare my dosages daily with the scale.  I don’t have a positive relationship with that process yet. 

Love ❤️

Meems

Yes Mary and cardboard. All those cardboard boxes. I buy practically everything on Amazon. I couldn't possibly do my life otherwise, I wouldn't have time. But I hope one day I have time to go around shopping without all that cardboard waste. We need more regulations for waste. BTW on my dating app I'm chatting with this bloke who'se obsessed with recycling and the environment and all that. Who knows, maybe this year I get an eco friendly boyfriend  :D

Whew, lets hope Amazon has this issue straightened out so you don't have to change how you shop.

:laugh: :laugh:  I would give anything if Trump cared anything about the environment.  For goodness sake, it's well known he is terrified of germs, and his home in FL may be underwater one day.  How do you ignore all that.  :idiot:  :tickedoff:

Just got home from picking my mom up from dialysis and heard on the radio that CVS drug stores are running out of hand sanitizers.  When I was at the grocery store this morning I noticed everyone coming in was grabbing hand wipes and wiping down their carts.  It’s the same thing I noticed in 2008 right after the crash and I was shopping at Xmas and EVERY clothes rack was on sale up to 75% just so they could sell their inventory.  If anyone thinks this virus fear is some political hoax, it’s NOT. People are scared.  And the president gives a news conference about an hour ago on his way to South Carolina, first question he was asked was about the virus and his response was that he was on his way to a rally where “thousands” of people are waiting for him and it’s going to be a great time.  WTF!  And we wonder why the market is crashing and drug stores are running out of freaking hands sanitizer.  Sheesh 🙄

Gosh I’m missing this great conversation between acrylic nails, the stock market and Amazon. 

Trishy- can you bring your own nail tools and your own nail polish?

I feel guilty shopping with Amazon, also I don’t shop at Wal-Mart.  But this is just me. 

I can’t bear to see how much money I have lost in the market.  Don’t need another stress factor in my life.  Just like 2008 got to ride it out and “hope” Cheeto head gets it together so there is more certainty in the market.  The markets run and invest on confidence. 

I must share that I had a nice hour of distraction listening and dancing to disco music.  Ha.  Some Rocker chicks do love dancing to disco. 

Hope you are all feeling ok today.  I’m alright but muscle soreness popped up.  Hmmm that’s a new one. 

And yes Nova, thank you for sharing the long hold propaganda.  I love reading that.  Always makes me feel so much better about this process.  Today I have to get my pills ready for the next week. Ugh I dread doing that but I can prepare my dosages daily with the scale.  I don’t have a positive relationship with that process yet. 

Love ❤️

Meems

I love that music and dancing made you feel better.  I am not really a rocker chick, or disco, more pop, lol.  But I could bump with the best of them.  Of course now, I would not survive a complete whole down and up.  I would die  :laugh: :laugh: 

The more you make your doses, the easier it will get.  You will be a pro in no time  ;). Mary

Mary I was shaking my booty but I got a new muscle soreness sxs so I was about 50%.  Ya me and the scale haven’t become intimate in our relationship yet.  LOL 😂

[8c...]