Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Getting over’ withdrawal from Benzos is NOT like getting over the flu, where you feel a little bit better each day. It darts around in a totally unpredictable way. Don’t let this worry you – this really is the way it happens ~ So So important we realize this it will help us continue ! Thanks Nova I needed to see this today ~CD

Your Welcome Buddy :hug: I'm glad it helped you :)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks "Sista", for always leaving something for us to think about, and I know that as hard as it has been for you, that your fight for your Health and well being will be yours, thanks for all that you do for all of us here at the LSG and BB, you are truly an asset. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

ValleyUm,

Thanks for the advice. I will try it, as soon as I stableize.

I Am using a 10:1 solution of Roxanne liquid Valium. I have 10 mg syringes and 1 mg syringes.

Using a 10:1 solution, where  is .005 on the 1 mg syringe. Is .005 half of .01?

Once I know, I will be able to cut that amount from my dose.

if I can't measure such a small amount  I can cut .01 every other day, yes? And hold after 6 days.

So I would be cutting .03 and then hold.

Just trying to understand.

Thanks!  Heath

Hi Heath. Yes it would be at the .5 mark on the 1ml syringe. Mine are clearly marked and easy to see.  :) --V

ValleyUm,

I Am using a 10:1 solution of Roxanne liquid Valium. I have 10 mg syringes and 1 mg syringes.

if I can't measure such a small amount  I can cut .01 every other day, yes? And hold after 6 days.

Thanks!  Heath

If your 1ML syringe has 100 marks then one mark = .01ml and half way between 2 marks = .005ml

Thanks JR and ValleyUm

Got it!

Now I understand where .005mg (using solution) is on the measuring line.

Getting over’ withdrawal from Benzos is NOT like getting over the flu, where you feel a little bit better each day. It darts around in a totally unpredictable way. Don’t let this worry you – this really is the way it happens ~ So So important we realize this it will help us continue ! Thanks Nova I needed to see this today ~CD

Distinguishing benzo withdrawal from the flu is becoming challenging lol. I think I came down with the flu yesterday evening but who knows?  It may be withdrawal. It will be nice to be off so we know if we are truly sick! :)--V

Thanks "Sista", for always leaving something for us to think about, and I know that as hard as it has been for you, that your fight for your Health and well being will be yours, thanks for all that you do for all of us here at the LSG and BB, you are truly an asset. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thank You Sista' BG  :hug:

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Distinguishing benzo withdrawal from the flu is becoming challenging lol. I think I came down with the flu yesterday evening but who knows?  It may be withdrawal. It will be nice to be off so we know if we are truly sick! :)--V

Hi V  :hug: Ain't that the truth?  ??? I get ''Benzo flu'' too any times a year ::)

ValleyUm,

Thanks!  Heath

If your 1ML syringe has 100 marks then one mark = .01ml and half way between 2 marks = .005ml

Thanks JR and ValleyUm

Got it!

Now I understand where .005mg (using solution) is on the measuring line.

Hi Heath, I thought I better clarify as some of the 1ml syringes are marked with .1, .2, .3, etc. The .005 mark would be 5 lines up from the 0 between the 0 and 1. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure that out lol. I just don't trust benzo brain sometimes so I thought I would try to make it very clear. Don't want you in bad withdrawal for something I said that wasn't clear.  :)--V

thanks  Lizagal and VallyUm and all buddies,

I can hardly walk around the house. My neck  is weak, my lower back is weak, and now my legs are absolutely almost useless. I had lumbar back surgery last December, and I know I have spinal stenosis in my neck too.

I am praying that these symptoms are truly benzo withdrawal. I am scared that they may be related to my spinal issues. I don't want to go back to see the surgeon, but maybe a check up and description of what's going on is in order.  Maybe it will ease my mind? I guess I am afraid of getting worse news.

Since so many people have had jelly legs, I am hoping it is the Benzos, but am I fooling myself? Am I being an alarmist?

Heath

Oh also, anyone who is micro tapering I am micro tapering and holding. I started micro tapering about two months with .01 daily for five days. After .05 total, I stopped to see what would happen. When the wfx started, I held. I'm still holding now, I wanted to cut again, but with these wfx, no way!

Anyone who can micro taper and keep going every day........all power to you! It would crash me for sure!

I am committed to holding until these wfx ease up.... But they just keep getting worse..and new ones keep coming.

I'm wondering about what is said about sometimes a small cut will get rid of a bad wfx.  Any opinions on that?

Thanks, Heath

Oops sorry, I don't know how all of that got into bold print. Can't seem to get it off!

If it gets too bad Heath you can always up dose slightly and reduce your cut rate. I have built in holds for my micro taper. I'll cut for 5 days and hold for at least 2 or more if I feel like it. I've managed to have close to zero sxs this way but I'm cutting really slow.  :)--V

Vallyum. 

How many mg do you cut in your micro taper each time?

I 0nly cut .01 but I do it for five days to equal .05.  Then I hold.  Does that sound like too much of a cut?

I know everyone is different but just thought I'd get you opinion.

Also

I had held for two months bec I needed to let my CNS catch up to a previous too fast taper. But looking back, it has been a good 7 months since I started my taper from 7.5 to 1.20.  Shouldn't my CNS be caught up by now?  Geez!

Heath

Hi Heath. If your CNS has been hit hard, it can take quite some time to catch up. It took the full 6 months for me, but others seem to stabilise sooner. In answer to your question, I cut at a rate of .025 for 5 days and hold for 2. If I were in your situation and at the dose you're at, I would most likely try smaller cuts of .005 and see how you do.  You'll get there! :)--V

I am sorry to jump in on your conversation, but wanted to let you know it has helped me a lot. I have been holding for five weeks, since 8/7/16 at .116 (.346 Klonopin) and while I do feel a little better, I am still having a lot of problems with sleep in the past week (can't sleep until 3 am) and now hot flashes (not menopause) the muscle pain and tinnitus are unrelenting. Doc now says I have a bone spur on spine and the hip and leg pain are constant. But still need MRI so don't know diagnosis. Can't stand or walk for more than 300 feet.

I am starting a new job tomorrow (telecommuting) and have been very busy so I think my sxs are ramping up because of the anxiety of a new job. I am exhausted today.

I think my plan should be to continue to hold due to starting job (although that depresses me and afraid doc will get mad so little progress made in past month). In about three weeks, after initial shock on new job hopefully decreases, I will try the cut .005 mg and hold for three weeks and just continue at this rate for a long time or until I start to stabilized tolerably well and can cut little more. I think you are discussing Valium, but these cuts amounts would be the same, right?

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you for this discussion, especially as it also relates to back problems.

thanks  Lizagal and VallyUm and all buddies,

I can hardly walk around the house. My neck  is weak, my lower back is weak, and now my legs are absolutely almost useless. I had lumbar back surgery last December, and I know I have spinal stenosis in my neck too.

I am praying that these symptoms are truly benzo withdrawal. I am scared that they may be related to my spinal issues. I don't want to go back to see the surgeon, but maybe a check up and description of what's going on is in order.  Maybe it will ease my mind? I guess I am afraid of getting worse news.

Since so many people have had jelly legs, I am hoping it is the Benzos, but am I fooling myself? Am I being an alarmist?

Heath

Oh also, anyone who is micro tapering I am micro tapering and holding. I started micro tapering about two months with .01 daily for five days. After .05 total, I stopped to see what would happen. When the wfx started, I held. I'm still holding now, I wanted to cut again, but with these wfx, no way!

Anyone who can micro taper and keep going every day........all power to you! It would crash me for sure!

I am committed to holding until these wfx ease up.... But they just keep getting worse..and new ones keep coming.

I'm wondering about what is said about sometimes a small cut will get rid of a bad wfx.  Any opinions on that?

Thanks, Heath

Oops sorry, I don't know how all of that got into bold print. Can't seem to get it off!

If it gets too bad Heath you can always up dose slightly and reduce your cut rate. I have built in holds for my micro taper. I'll cut for 5 days and hold for at least 2 or more if I feel like it. I've managed to have close to zero sxs this way but I'm cutting really slow.  :)--V

Vallyum. 

How many mg do you cut in your micro taper each time?

I 0nly cut .01 but I do it for five days to equal .05.  Then I hold.  Does that sound like too much of a cut?

I know everyone is different but just thought I'd get you opinion.

Also

I had held for two months bec I needed to let my CNS catch up to a previous too fast taper. But looking back, it has been a good 7 months since I started my taper from 7.5 to 1.20.  Shouldn't my CNS be caught up by now?  Geez!

Heath

Hi Heath. If your CNS has been hit hard, it can take quite some time to catch up. It took the full 6 months for me, but others seem to stabilise sooner. In answer to your question, I cut at a rate of .025 for 5 days and hold for 2. If I were in your situation and at the dose you're at, I would most likely try smaller cuts of .005 and see how you do.  You'll get there! :)--V

I am sorry to jump in on your conversation, but wanted to let you know it has helped me a lot. I have been holding for five weeks, since 8/7/16 at .116 (.346 Klonopin) and while I do feel a little better, I am still having a lot of problems with sleep in the past week (can't sleep until 3 am) and now hot flashes (not menopause) the muscle pain and tinnitus are unrelenting. Doc now says I have a bone spur on spine and the hip and leg pain are constant. But still need MRI so don't know diagnosis. Can't stand or walk for more than 300 feet.

I am starting a new job tomorrow (telecommuting) and have been very busy so I think my sxs are ramping up because of the anxiety of a new job. I am exhausted today.

I think my plan should be to continue to hold due to starting job (although that depresses me and afraid doc will get mad so little progress made in past month). In about three weeks, after initial shock on new job hopefully decreases, I will try the cut .005 mg and hold for three weeks and just continue at this rate for a long time or until I start to stabilized tolerably well and can cut little more. I think you are discussing Valium, but these cuts amounts would be the same, right?

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you for this discussion, especially as it also relates to back problems.

Hi Oneday. I think holding for now is a good idea. Keeping as stable as possible while tapering is the goal. If you can keep sxs to a minimum it would enable you to live your life. The cut amounts would be slightly different for K as Ashton has 1mg of K equivalent to 20mg of V. I believe as long as you stay at 10% or less of the previous months dose you'll be able to keep sxs under control.

I work also and understand the need to hold when I get really busy. I hope you start feeling better and actually get to where you feel good!  :)--V

ValleyUm,

Thank you again . You are so kind and caring to be worrying about my understanding of the lines on the syringe.

Yes I did know that,  but it's nice to know youve got my back! Thank you!

However, I won't be cutting again for a long long time.

These past four days have been the worst. I think it has to do with the .08 cut that I did to correct my incorrect measuring back on Aug19. I never should have cut that much. Should have just left the incorrect dose where it was and kept holding from there. I was to stubborn to listen to the good advice I got on this long hold board. I was Too much in a rush! Too Late to fix that now :idiot:

Today at 6:00 I thought I was going to die! But I finally got a window at 8:00. It is true that things can change when you least expect it. But I know it will all ramp up again tomorrow and for atleast a few more days.

I know I am no where ready to cut. No where even close to stable. I'm  not making any more dumb moves. I am thinking of even holding steady at the dose I am at even beyond stable. My body needs a rest!

So right now, I am just holding to get rid of these horribke side effects, then wait to be stable, and then give my body more time to rest. Don't know how many months tat will be but, you are right, sometimes when your taper is too fast it takes quite some time for your brain to heal.

You dear VallyUm are so right in your opinions. Although I do think for myself, I always wind up going with your advice, because it works. Unfortunately I make stupid moves before realizing I should have listened to you in the first place! And I am learning the hard way that rushing things just makes matters worse.

I think it's time for me to read your propaganda again.

You are so special VallyUm. I wonder if you really realize just how special you are and how many buddies are so grateful that you are here with us.

THANK YOU VALLYUM,

:smitten: Heathcliff

Heath,

I think you are taking the proper course.  My experience with cutting too fast earlier this year was not good.  It took 2 months to feel good (T notwithstanding, also neck muscles tension remained).  I held another 2 months to allow my brain a break to further heal when not stressed by more cuts.  Last year I held 8 months after some very ill-advised huge cuts.

My subsequent cuts, at a lesser % than prior, have been relatively easy.  The wd from these has not been debilitating.  I don't think it's a fluke.  They were not sx free - I don't think this is possible for me.  Others have much more complicated histories and have not had as good of an experience - I don't pretend to know if things would have righted themselves with a longer hold or an updose.  I can't opine on that but have seen others hold for a year in order to be able to go forward with their taper.  We all have different factors at play.

I feel really well a couple weeks after my latest cut and plan to go 3 wks instead of 4 this time.  This is mainly due to some upcoming travel - I'll be away for a month - and I don't want to cut during this trip.  I hope that this goes well and I'll be over the worst when I leave 10 days after my cut.

Hi Heath,

I believe you have made the right decision.  It is the last mg or so that is the most difficult.  It will take time, but you will eventually taper off without too many problems.  Slow is key.  Back in May/June I got hit with awful symptoms.  Nothing I hadn't experienced before, but much more intense, and the symptoms would last all day/night. I had not even been cutting, but I think the past cuts caught up with me.  After about 6 weeks of feeling awful, I up dosed by a small amount and then held for a few months, and I certainly did improve.  I am doing things now that I could not do  a few months ago.  My symptoms are mainly high blood pressure spikes, off balance feeling, tinnitus, chemical anxiety (very different from everyday anxiety), trouble swallowing, and some others.  I am not completely symptom free, but they are much less intense and I can function normally. I can sometimes go for a day or two without feeling any symptoms whatsoever.  I started cutting again a couple of weeks ago, and I am doing well--have cut about 3.7%.  I held for a few days because we had guests, and I just resumed cutting this morning. I will incorporate holds when I need to.  I am down to 0.207 mg Ativan which is equivalent to about 2 mg of valium.  This last bit will take me another year to taper--longer if I incorporate holds.  I am okay with that.  My goal is to be as symptom free as possible. 

You are doing the right thing.  Just take it slow, and you will feel much better at the end. My first taper was a smooth one, and I had no problems whatsoever when I jumped.

Have a good day Heath.

((HUGS)) Anne

Heath, I am so glad you have made a firm commitment, and I agree completely with Lynn and Anne. Holding is not the enemy, it is the way to finally have some functional days, now saying this I know that there are many factors for each one of us, but I know for sure rushing and pushing forward for me when I had so many symptoms with my prior tapers, just caused me to go south, but in a horrible way, my poor Brain did not have time to recover, yes it takes more time, but I would rather do it my way and lose some time and have a fairly normal life, now it is not completely like I am getting off scots free, but I can do my daily life, and find some joy in my life, will this make my last bit of taper go without a hitch I do not know, all I know that I will go slow and so far it is going well for me, blips I can handle, I do not mind feeling "BLIPPY AT ALL" :laugh: Heath I am watching your Journey and I know you will be alright, slow and easy and believe you can. Hello Lynn, and Anne :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: 

ValleyUm,

Thank you again . You are so kind and caring to be worrying about my understanding of the lines on the syringe.

These past four days have been the worst. I think it has to do with the .08 cut that I did to correct my incorrect measuring back on Aug19. I never should have cut that much. Should have just left the incorrect dose where it was and kept holding from there. I was to stubborn to listen to the good advice I got on this long hold board. I was Too much in a rush! Too Late to fix that now :idiot:

Today at 6:00 I thought I was going to die! But I finally got a window at 8:00. It is true that things can change when you least expect it. But I know it will all ramp up again tomorrow and for atleast a few more days.

I know I am no where ready to cut. No where even close to stable. I'm  not making any more dumb moves. I am thinking of even holding steady at the dose I am at even beyond stable. My body needs a rest!

So right now, I am just holding to get rid of these horribke side effects, then wait to be stable, and then give my body more time to rest. Don't know how many months tat will be but, you are right, sometimes when your taper is too fast it takes quite some time for your brain to heal.

You dear VallyUm are so right in your opinions. Although I do think for myself, I always wind up going with your advice, because it works. Unfortunately I make stupid moves before realizing I should have listened to you in the first place! And I am learning the hard way that rushing things just makes matters worse.

You are so special VallyUm. I wonder if you really realize just how special you are and how many buddies are so grateful that you are here with us.

THANK YOU VALLYUM,

You're welcome Heath!  :)--V

ValleyUm,

THANK YOU VALLYUM,

I think you are Special too. ;):angel:;);D

Anne,, Lynne, BeGood, VallyUm, Nova, Onedayatatime and anyone I forgot

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the time you took to write your posts and all the encouragement you are giving me.

You are all so caring, kind and understanding. I do not have words to properly express how grateful I am when you pull me up when I am down.

I am really trying so hard. Just about everyone ( who knows what is going on) including some friends and family say, "well you look fine," so they think I AM fine. They can't "see" how I feel so they just don't get it!

Most of them don't understand benzo withdrawal no matter how manytimes I explain.  They dont understand how I can be so sick, then get better, and then be so sick again.

I hope a long hold will make me feel well enough that I can start to get out of this house and do more.

Part of my problem is I am bored to tears. I used to go to the gym but with these jelly legs, I can not. My muscle pain is the most bothersome and limiting wfx I have. I can function through the trembles and shakes, but the muscle pain is horrible.

I try to go to mah Jong game . I used to teach kindergarten and then, part time and substitute. But I just can't take on that responsibility right now. Maybe a long hold will fix that?

OK...PITY PARTY IS OVER!  ( love this distraction! Took me about an hour to post this!)

I am so sorry that you all are going through this hell too. But I am oh so glad that so many of you have found relief through long holds. I hope to find relief soon as well.

Your experiences  help me to know that the hell I am in is not just MY experiences. That it is a normal, however horrible, part of healing.

I can hardly wait to celebrate all of you jumping off this poison one day soon, when the time is right!

Thank you again! You are all so special.

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

welcome onedayatatime!

You can join in to any conversation at any time! Glad you joined in here!

As far as cuts with klonopin vs cuts with Valium, I really have no knowledge about klonopin.. I'm sure someone on this support group will answer you.

ValleyUm,

THANK YOU VALLYUM,

I think you are Special too. ;):angel:;);D

Thanks s much BG!  The group wouldn't be the same without you.  :)--V

Heath, I am so glad you have made a firm commitment, and I agree completely with Lynn and Anne. Holding is not the enemy, it is the way to finally have some functional days, now saying this I know that there are many factors for each one of us, but I know for sure rushing and pushing forward for me when I had so many symptoms with my prior tapers, just caused me to go south, but in a horrible way, my poor Brain did not have time to recover, yes it takes more time, but I would rather do it my way and lose some time and have a fairly normal life, now it is not completely like I am getting off scots free, but I can do my daily life, and find some joy in my life, will this make my last bit of taper go without a hitch I do not know, all I know that I will go slow and so far it is going well for me, blips I can handle, I do not mind feeling "BLIPPY AT ALL" :laugh: Heath I am watching your Journey and I know you will be alright, slow and easy and believe you can. Hello Lynn, and Anne :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

((HUGS)) to you BeGood.  I hope that you are doing well.  Like you, living my life now is more important than rushing to get off this drug.  My main priority is to be able to continue working, so I have no choice but to go slow.  I believe the up dose and the hold over the last few months was worth it.  I feel so much better now.  I can go out and do the things that I need and want to do without too much of an uptick in symptoms.  If I ever get as bad as I was back  in May/June, I will not wait 6 weeks to fix it.  I wasted my time off from work  just waiting for things to get better.  From now on, I will incorporate holds the minute I start feeling symptoms.  It will take me longer to finish the taper, but at least I will be able to live my life.  That is what it is about.  Like you, I can handle the "blips" from time to time.  It is the full blown symptoms that do not lessen in intensity that I cannot deal with. I know we will get through this.  That I do not doubt.  It will just take longer.

Take care,

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Valley Um, thanks so much for letting me know that you felt worse when you took your dose of V during your hold, then when you stabilized you felt better when you took it..... How interesting and how weird! I suppose while our body/ brains are trying to stabilize when we take the pill it throws everything off again..... Always trying to understand this incomprehensible stuff! It's helps me somehow. I mean there has to be some kind of rhyme and reason to all this......however complex.... One day a miracle cure will be found , but perhaps before that benzos will be banned except for super short period use......

Love to everyone  here, hope your day is going ok or better than that..... Me , I'm about the same , but not worse  :thumbsup::smitten:

[1d...]