Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning Trish l am a little confused are you now wanting to get off .5mgs of Xanax before next year?l thought it was.25mgs.Now imo l think 0.25mgs is doable however 0.5mgs is pushing it a bit.

I know you will do what you want to do however l will remind you that you need to stay functional as you are working etc.Now could you perhaps speak to your GP and see if he would write in your notes that you are to have control of your taper at all times as you are very sensitive to the medication and it needs to be done in a very controlled way.

I know you don't trust doctors however you need to find a way to allay these fears before you go down the rabbit hole.Only a suggestion twiny.

Love you my lST.

Love and hugs Stut X

Boy that's a great idea, evev though I don't really worry about it, it isn't out of the realm of possibility.  I am going to think about that.  Hey Queen!

Lady Mary are you still putting the drops in your eyes and are they feeling better?l know this you are always here for everyone and l hope you are taking good care of yourself as well.

I am just in a wave my love nothing to worry about.l know l have my sister but l am probably better because she is here.This is my third week after a cut and that seems to be my pattern it builds for a few weeks then slam dunk.Oh what fun.

I promise you l will watch GOT but l want to enjoy it and this ain't the time for it.

Love you my lady Mary

Love and hugs Stut X

Love you to Stut, and hope every day this passes for you.  Please take as much care as you can, pets for all the babies.  How did it go with your nephews?  Your Lady Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🐕🐱🐶🐾🐾

Hey twin, just about to leave for work but wanted to let you know I'm going back to therapy. I'm hoping to get an appt. for next week when I'm off. The hold up has been not being able to find the time with working and watching my granddaughter after work. So I know you always suggested that I go back and I am!

Hope you and sis have a good day.  :)

LST ❤️ ❤️

Morning LHSG, rise and shine 😄😃

Missed several of you yesterday, hope you had a good day.

Having people come back that have been away a while is really good for our group, we needed some good experience and new thoughts and hopefully we have that now.

Hope everyone has a decent day.  Love you all, Mary 🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉.      🍄🌻🌼🌷🌺🐝

I have a migraine  :(. Going to lay down, be back.  Sure it's from the barometric pressure going crazy during the storms yesterday......Mary 🐕🦉.          🐉🐉🐉🐉

I am back. And very exhausted. I missed a lot. Trishy, I am so sad about your dog. If you have any doubts about opting out of the surgery, it may help you to know my daughter had an almost identical situation. They did the surgery, but their dog died within hours of coming home. Sometimes, there really is nothing more to be done. I think you are making a good choice. Mary, so sorry the migraine is back. Gilly, thinking of you and Stut. I am right there with you. I have had the most atypical taper of all of you. Nothing gets significantly better or worse. Have done four cuts with no real decline yet. But my baseline was pretty low. Welcome, T. Prozac, sorry the window closed, but it will open again. Love to Free, Intend, and Can’t. I am taking today to crash. Weekend took a lot of energy I couldn’t spare, but was well worth it. We have to try to live a little, just to not let this take everythzing. Love, Esperanza Esperanza

I have a migraine  :(. Going to lay down, be back.  Sure it's from the barometric pressure going crazy during the storms yesterday......Mary 🐕🦉.          🐉🐉🐉🐉

Hope you feel better, Mary. Yes, my head goes crazy on these days too, either barometric pressure or mold, or both.

Hugs.

Lady Mary are you still putting the drops in your eyes and are they feeling better?l know this you are always here for everyone and l hope you are taking good care of yourself as well.

I am just in a wave my love nothing to worry about.l know l have my sister but l am probably better because she is here.This is my third week after a cut and that seems to be my pattern it builds for a few weeks then slam dunk.Oh what fun.

I promise you l will watch GOT but l want to enjoy it and this ain't the time for it.

Love you my lady Mary

Love and hugs Stut X

I hope the wave passes soon, Stut. When you have a wave ... just remember the beach.  ;)

Hugs.

Hope you feel better, Mary. Yes, my head goes crazy on these days too, either barometric pressure or mold, or both.

Hugs.

Thanks Joe, I fully expected one yesterday or today.  The nap may have helped, keep your fingers crossed for me :D, love ya, Mary 🐝🐝🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷your butterfly garden  :smitten: :smitten:

I am back. And very exhausted. I missed a lot. Trishy, I am so sad about your dog. If you have any doubts about opting out of the surgery, it may help you to know my daughter had an almost identical situation. They did the surgery, but their dog died within hours of coming home. Sometimes, there really is nothing more to be done. I think you are making a good choice. Mary, so sorry the migraine is back. Gilly, thinking of you and Stut. I am right there with you. I have had the most atypical taper of all of you. Nothing gets significantly better or worse. Have done four cuts with no real decline yet. But my baseline was pretty low. Welcome, T. Prozac, sorry the window closed, but it will open again. Love to Free, Intend, and Can’t. I am taking today to crash. Weekend took a lot of energy I couldn’t spare, but was well worth it. We have to try to live a little, just to not let this take everythzing. Love, Esperanza Esperanza

You rest you fabulous cousin, come back later if you feel like it, love Mary 🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🍄🦋🐝

I am disappointed that I got hit so hard. I guess we have to pay a big price for every normal thing we do. That has been a pattern for years with me. I didn’t know it was the benzo tolerance that made me totally crash after a vacation or holiday. I just have no energy reserves and haven’t for two years. My life had become a never ending cycle of balancing risks vs. benefits before expending what little energy I had. What a way to live! Esperanza

Thanks E, We just want to love her with whatever time she has left. It's her birthday today she's 12. She gets the best scraps we have to offer her from the dinner table tonight ;)

It's nice to see you here, glad you got away and hey no worse no better somewhere in the middle not too shabby E.

Love you lady,

Trish

Hey Mary, massive headache for me today as well. Work was a real bitch too. I can't wait for my new glasses to come in to see if that solves the headaches for me.

❤️❤️

I think that is the kindest thing to do, Trishy. Let her enjoy what is left. Yes, I seem to be in a stable state of crappy most of the time. Not bad enough to be intolerable, but not good enough to live much of a life. I do have some fleeting hours where I get close to my old self. But it isn’t often and requires a lot of gearing up. I didn’t get out soon enough. Tolerance withdrawal had already done its job on me. You have the advantage of finding out before that happened to you. Your daughter in law’s mother sounds like someone you will not be able to help. It will be just your luck to have to watch that mean old bag get out of this easy. I hear some people do. If that happens and she says you are exaggerating your symptoms, I swear, I will get on a plane and pay her a call on your behalf. I won’t put a horse head in her bed, but I will give her a piece of my mountain mind. E

I am disappointed that I got hit so hard. I guess we have to pay a big price for every normal thing we do. That has been a pattern for years with me. I didn’t know it was the benzo tolerance that made me totally crash after a vacation or holiday. I just have no energy reserves and haven’t for two years. My life had become a never ending cycle of balancing risks vs. benefits before expending what little energy I had. What a way to live! Esperanza

Valium at 10.5 mgs still keeps me fatigued and sleepy all the time.  Xanax, which I was on, I never felt that way. I really thought it would not be effecting me so much at this point.  But I understand how you feel.  It didn't start for me until crossing over to Valium, Oct of 2017.  People really need to cross to Valium slowly, it's a tough med for a lot of us. :(

Hello Intend , my friend.  I am so glad you enjoyed your movie.  How are Mary's kitties doing, are they getting more use to being alone!  Sorry, I didn't answer your pm earlier, we had terrible storms yesterday and the change in the barometric pressure gave me a migraine, it usually does.  I think it's trying to go away .  Hope you've had a great day today and are keeping an eye on Dan.  Love you 🌹🌹🌹.    🐱🐾🐾🐾.        🛠⚒⚙️🔩.    Mary 

Hi Mary. Keeping a low profile just now. Things are not good. But I get great support from the group.

Ah, so that is Joe! WELCOME, JOE! I'm always hearing Mary mentioning your name.

Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Thanks E, We just want to love her with whatever time she has left. It's her birthday today she's 12. She gets the best scraps we have to offer her from the dinner table tonight ;)

It's nice to see you here, glad you got away and hey no worse no better somewhere in the middle not too shabby E.

Love you lady,

Trish

;):happybday: :happybday: :happybday::balloon: :balloon:  To Mykala  :laugh: :laugh:  you deserve your own steak bone tonight, tell your mother  :angel:

Hi Mary. Keeping a low profile just now. Things are not good. But I get great support from the group.

Ah, so that is Joe! WELCOME, JOE! I'm always hearing Mary mentioning your name.

Love and Hugs to All.  Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

Yes, that's Joe, we fight over him like cats and dogs  :laugh: :laugh:

Well, he will either love that or hate it! I'm sure Cant can identify!  :smitten: Lol!

Me too, but when they feel good, they eat it up  :laugh:  :laugh:

Love you lady,

Trish

;):happybday: :happybday: :happybday::balloon: :balloon:  To Mykala  :laugh: :laugh:  you deserve your own steak bone tonight, tell your mother  :angel:

How about leftover chicken and broccoli? That's what she had for her birthday treats and a little peanut butter on a few milk bones :laugh: she seemed very happy with that 😃

She's says thank you for the birthday wishes with big slobbery kisses.

💞💞❤️🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hello Intend , my friend.  I am so glad you enjoyed your movie.  How are Mary's kitties doing, are they getting more use to being alone!  Sorry, I didn't answer your pm earlier, we had terrible storms yesterday and the change in the barometric pressure gave me a migraine, it usually does.  I think it's trying to go away .  Hope you've had a great day today and are keeping an eye on Dan.  Love you 🌹🌹🌹.    🐱🐾🐾🐾.        🛠⚒⚙️🔩.    Mary 

Hi there Mary. The movie was great. I read all these reviews that keep comparing this movie to Green Book and the reviews say that both  movies can not compare to Spkie Lees Black Klansman.

I made every effort to see that too, but I missed it. It’s almost impossible to see every movie that comes out. I’d be at a movie theater everyday of the week even to see movies that I want to see.

So this one, The Best Of Enemies, showed how strong the KuKlux clan was in Durham, North Carolina in 1971. This is a true story of activist Ann Atwater and C. P. Ellis, and how they became friends as Ellis grew to realize that both black and white families living in poverty experience many of the same problems no matter what race they are.

I could say more, but won’t because I don’t want to give away the rest of the plot, and I do not want to delve into anything considered political on BB.

Mary called me this morning, and as usual, she is unsure of herself and also of Brad. She’s had this awful cold that Dan still has. She’s been taking those gel capsules of DayQuils and NyQuils plus vitamin C in large doses. She said she felt better and wondered if the Vitamin C really does anything. I told her that large doses of Vitamin C have been researched as far as colds, and have been shown to reduce the severity of the cold and the duration also.

That was a discovery of Nobel prize winner Linus Pauling who was born in Portland Oregon, got his bachelors degree from Oregon State University. He one who’s worth reading about on Wikipedia.

Lots of controversity over this vitamin C “theory,” but it worked for me years ago when we took a trip to Southern California. And the controversity continues to this day. It probably works for some and not for others. I’d try it with Dan, but I hesitate to give him anything because of all his medications.

He already made me quite annoyed with him. We had some leftover brownies and ice cream from Saturday morning when the 2 LDS missionaries came over. We have no sweets around here ever as I struggle to control his blood sugar and cholesterol, but he somehow gets around me and ate the rest of both. Keeping an eye on him is necessary 24/7!  🌹 🌹 🌹 🐈 🐈 🐈 🐾 🐾 🐾 and for Dan  :idiot::sick::tickedoff: :tickedoff: >:(:brickwall: :brickwall: :oops: :oops:

Aw, bless Mykala! Milk bones with peanut butter.... :thumbsup:  As long as she is getting pleasure in life then that's what counts.... :smitten:

[ad...]